Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?

Tip us?

ghost141
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?

Yesterday, i just try this app.
my sd card class 4 only... so i change the sd card directory to usb stroage / sd card 0
i don't use that space at all.

What i want to know is, will it damage internal space? or we so called usb stroage.

TiTAN-O-One
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Default Re: RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost141 View Post
Yesterday, i just try this app.
my sd card class 4 only... so i change the sd card directory to usb stroage / sd card 0
i don't use that space at all.

What i want to know is, will it damage internal space? or we so called usb stroage.
I'm not that an expert but I don't recommend you try the SWAP SD kind of APP because it may brick your phone !

CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 5 XD
Samsung Galaxy W (Ancora)
Dopod 838 Pro (hTC Hermes)

afif_7070
Old
Thanks Meter 15
iv been using that app since the last 1 1/2 month.didnt hv any problem.but im using class 10 external sd.in my opinion dont swap memory from your internal sd card nor the phone memory.the swap memory is recommended only for class 6 n above.some said 8 and above.the internal sd card has a class below the requirement n if the internal sd card damages i really didnt know how to get it repaired since it mounted(CMIIW).just make swap from your external sd with class 10 or 8.if your external sd breaks u can easily replaced it.

stpdkid
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by afif_7070 View Post
iv been using that app since the last 1 1/2 month.didnt hv any problem.but im using class 10 external sd.in my opinion dont swap memory from your internal sd card nor the phone memory.the swap memory is recommended only for class 6 n above.some said 8 and above.the internal sd card has a class below the requirement n if the internal sd card damages i really didnt know how to get it repaired since it mounted(CMIIW).just make swap from your external sd with class 10 or 8.if your external sd breaks u can easily replaced it.
swap thing is to risky for class4 microsdcard.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1179
Default Re: RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?

Please DON'T use your internal storage for this. This type of storage has a limited read/write cycle life span. By using it this way you ARE prematurely "ageing" this storage partition, and WHEN it fails, the repair won't be cheap.....it will definitely be cheaper to buy the correct class of extSD card and use that instead......

Sent from my CM10.1 powered Galaxy S2 with tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have used this app, and there is some noticeable improvement, but only on class 10 cards. Anything below there will be little to no noticeable performance increase.

But you can always try.