Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?

OP ghost141

13th February 2013, 12:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 71

532 posts
More
Yesterday, i just try this app.
my sd card class 4 only... so i change the sd card directory to usb stroage / sd card 0
i don't use that space at all.

What i want to know is, will it damage internal space? or we so called usb stroage.
13th February 2013, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 229

1,514 posts
More
Re: RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost141

Yesterday, i just try this app.
my sd card class 4 only... so i change the sd card directory to usb stroage / sd card 0
i don't use that space at all.

What i want to know is, will it damage internal space? or we so called usb stroage.

I'm not that an expert but I don't recommend you try the SWAP SD kind of APP because it may brick your phone !

CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 5 XD
13th February 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

130 posts
iv been using that app since the last 1 1/2 month.didnt hv any problem.but im using class 10 external sd.in my opinion dont swap memory from your internal sd card nor the phone memory.the swap memory is recommended only for class 6 n above.some said 8 and above.the internal sd card has a class below the requirement n if the internal sd card damages i really didnt know how to get it repaired since it mounted(CMIIW).just make swap from your external sd with class 10 or 8.if your external sd breaks u can easily replaced it.
13th February 2013, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 141

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afif_7070

iv been using that app since the last 1 1/2 month.didnt hv any problem.but im using class 10 external sd.in my opinion dont swap memory from your internal sd card nor the phone memory.the swap memory is recommended only for class 6 n above.some said 8 and above.the internal sd card has a class below the requirement n if the internal sd card damages i really didnt know how to get it repaired since it mounted(CMIIW).just make swap from your external sd with class 10 or 8.if your external sd breaks u can easily replaced it.

swap thing is to risky for class4 microsdcard.
13th February 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,207

1,995 posts
More
Re: RAM EXPANDER will damage Phone?
Please DON'T use your internal storage for this. This type of storage has a limited read/write cycle life span. By using it this way you ARE prematurely "ageing" this storage partition, and WHEN it fails, the repair won't be cheap.....it will definitely be cheaper to buy the correct class of extSD card and use that instead......

Sent from my CM10.1 powered Galaxy S2 with tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I have used this app, and there is some noticeable improvement, but only on class 10 cards. Anything below there will be little to no noticeable performance increase.

But you can always try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread