Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 Update Won't Install

Tip us?

Matthileo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default 4.2.2 Update Won't Install

I've grabbed the 4.2.2 update file and tried installing throw CWR, but I get the error 7 assert failed thing. It was because of some modified system files but i've fixed that, and now it has to do with something like /dev/block/mmc or something along those lines (i can't remember the exact error off the top of my head. I think the problem is that I have a custom kernel.

Does anyone have a CWR flash-able version of the stock 4.2.1 kernel?

Matthileo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Error message

Code:
Verifying curent system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC: /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/boot: 4716544 : 52b[...*long string of characters*]b38ac")
E:Error in [update file]
(Status 7)

shadow_empire1
Old
Thanks Meter 28
same problem here :-/

Johan1976
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Sv: 4.2.2 Update Won't Install

You probably have installed a custom kernel. Revert to stock kernel and you'll be fine.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

Matthileo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Re: 4.2.2 Update Won't Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1976 View Post
You probably have installed a custom kernel. Revert to stock kernel and you'll be fine.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2
That was the problem. I found someone with the backup, since I didn't have 1, and I used it to restore to the stock kernel. I'm on 4.2 .2 now

[sent from my nexus 10]

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthileo View Post
That was the problem. I found someone with the backup, since I didn't have 1, and I used it to restore to the stock kernel. I'm on 4.2 .2 now

[sent from my nexus 10]
Guys, can I install the 4.2.2 coming from 4.2.1 by renaming the file to update.zip and flash it through stop recovery? Im rooted btw.

dberthia
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Could someone enlighten me on the process of restoring the stock kernel? I have no backup.

domlazz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dberthia View Post
Could someone enlighten me on the process of restoring the stock kernel? I have no backup.
It looks like they're right. Somewhere I got a bad stock image (I think from the Nexus10 Toolkit). Here's where I found the files that worked:

http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...s-10/mantaray/.

I used the Nexus10 Toolkit to reinstall the 4.2 firmware and then the 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 update zips.

Good luck!

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by domlazz View Post
It looks like they're right. Somewhere I got a bad stock image (I think from the Nexus10 Toolkit). Here's where I found the files that worked:

http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...s-10/mantaray/.

I used the Nexus10 Toolkit to reinstall the 4.2 firmware and then the 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 update zips.

Good luck!
There was an older, broken factory 4.2 image that wouldn't update to 4.2.1, but they updated the link on their site now. In any case, if you have Android SDK set up properly, you can literally just double-click a batch file included with the factory image, wait, and be restocked.

The fun part is just setting up Android SDK (which should be done instead of toolkits )

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

gyl49
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthileo View Post
I've grabbed the 4.2.2 update file and tried installing throw CWR, but I get the error 7 assert failed thing. It was because of some modified system files but i've fixed that, and now it has to do with something like /dev/block/mmc or something along those lines (i can't remember the exact error off the top of my head. I think the problem is that I have a custom kernel.

Does anyone have a CWR flash-able version of the stock 4.2.1 kernel?
I get loading fail error in recovery or sideload. Ihave rom 4.2.1. Now I also need to research the way back to 4.2 and see if that can load 4.2.2 or not.