5,595,268 Members 46,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Tip us?

khakala
Old
(Last edited by khakala; 13th February 2013 at 08:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Hi, can someone send original nakasig tilapia 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D framework-res.apk to me, because i have Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G mod installed and i can't update 4.2.2 without framework error, if original framework restore helps i will inform here so that other who have same problem can do the same trick.
Sadly i didn't copy my original framework-res.apk before i flash Tethering mod
Now in use: LG G2 D802

Streykatorato
Old
(Last edited by Streykatorato; 13th February 2013 at 09:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Eh.. New to OTA updates since i was using a Sony device before this... and Sony doesn't now how to update their phones and such so i would like to know if i could just flash this over my stock internal rom since im using Multirom and i could need something new to get my hands on you know so how do i do this? Im not a noob so please give me a pleasant answer.. and yes my english is horrible.. I have a Grouper... came with 4.2

gregy74
Old
(Last edited by gregy74; 13th February 2013 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
Really? Sh*t didn't know that. Stupid issue since it shouldn't affect the OTA reading the build.prop but somehow it does, eh? Apologies folks.

My advice still stands for all file asserts, however. If it's failing on a file, use the methods I posted above. And please don't post until you've at least tried.

Yeah that's really weird because that's not how getprop in edify is supposed to work. You mount system first and it's supposed to grab those from the build.prop.

As for having an actual image for tilapia. Shouldn't 6.0.2.3 work?
download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-tilapia.img

and he's using TWRP, so same difference?
techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tilapia/openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-tilapia.img
Thanks.
For all, that is solution for all problems with flashing ZIP update with CWMR. Just download file and rename to .img. Then flash this recovery and install zip with upgrade file.
NOTE 10.1 2014

K0v4L
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: [REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Hmm it's weird, I just flashed stock image and relocked, nexus detected update, downloaded it and asked fir permission to restart and install. After restart, logo with red triangle appears with "error". Any idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2007

DONATE TO ME
The Nexus 7 nakasig 4.2.2 update is now mirrored at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...exus-7/nakasig
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11444
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakala View Post
Hi, can someone send original nakasig tilapia 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D framework-res.apk to me, because i have Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G mod installed and i can't update 4.2.2 without framework error, if original framework restore helps i will inform here so that other who have same problem can do the same trick.
Your answer is 2 pages back; anyone failing an assert on a file needs to follow one of the two methods I posted.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11444
JDQ39 and bootloader 4.18 so far seem to have fixed the charging from low battery issues.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdatastic
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
JDQ39 and bootloader 4.18 so far seem to have fixed the charging from low battery issues.
what was the issue?

Nexus 5 - Nexus 4 - Nexus S - Xoom

osm0sis
Old
(Last edited by osm0sis; 14th February 2013 at 07:05 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11444
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdatastic View Post
what was the issue?
The charger not starting when battery was too low: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/27...ry-this-trick/.

And when booting after you put it on the charger, it would shut down again almost immediately because it wasn't drawing enough to run and also charge.

Edit: I can also confirm reports that adb isn't working correctly when USB Debugging is enabled. The connection notifications show as they should, but the PC sees the following:

Code:
>adb devices
List of devices attached
<s/n>        offline
"offline" instead of "device". fastboot and adb via custom recovery still work fine. This is only the case on the N7, no problems with this on my GN, which works automatically. Attempted using both v19 and v21 (current) of the platform-tools.

The workaround is typing "adb usb" in Terminal Emulator, and rebooting. Then possibly also "adb kill-server" and then "adb start-server" on your PC to online the device.

khakala
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakala View Post
Original framework restore was the trick, now i have 4.2.2 in my tab
Now in use: LG G2 D802