Ask a question

No registration required

[REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

OP oldblue910

13th February 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #281  
Finland
Thanks Meter: 49

105 posts
Hi, can someone send original nakasig tilapia 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D framework-res.apk to me, because i have Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G mod installed and i can't update 4.2.2 without framework error, if original framework restore helps i will inform here so that other who have same problem can do the same trick.
Sadly i didn't copy my original framework-res.apk before i flash Tethering mod
Last edited by khakala; 13th February 2013 at 09:25 PM.
13th February 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 29

220 posts
More
Eh.. New to OTA updates since i was using a Sony device before this... and Sony doesn't now how to update their phones and such so i would like to know if i could just flash this over my stock internal rom since im using Multirom and i could need something new to get my hands on you know so how do i do this? Im not a noob so please give me a pleasant answer.. and yes my english is horrible.. I have a Grouper... came with 4.2
Last edited by Streykatorato; 13th February 2013 at 10:17 PM.
13th February 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #283  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 6

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Really? Sh*t didn't know that. Stupid issue since it shouldn't affect the OTA reading the build.prop but somehow it does, eh? Apologies folks.

My advice still stands for all file asserts, however. If it's failing on a file, use the methods I posted above. And please don't post until you've at least tried.

Yeah that's really weird because that's not how getprop in edify is supposed to work. You mount system first and it's supposed to grab those from the build.prop.

As for having an actual image for tilapia. Shouldn't 6.0.2.3 work?
download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-tilapia.img

and he's using TWRP, so same difference?
techerrata.com/file/twrp2/tilapia/openrecovery-twrp-2.4.1.0-tilapia.img

Thanks.
For all, that is solution for all problems with flashing ZIP update with CWMR. Just download file and rename to .img. Then flash this recovery and install zip with upgrade file.
Last edited by gregy74; 13th February 2013 at 11:03 PM.
13th February 2013, 11:54 PM   |  #284  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 22

147 posts
More
Re: [REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs
Hmm it's weird, I just flashed stock image and relocked, nexus detected update, downloaded it and asked fir permission to restart and install. After restart, logo with red triangle appears with "error". Any idea?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
14th February 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #285  
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,451

3,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Nexus 7 nakasig 4.2.2 update is now mirrored at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...exus-7/nakasig
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #286  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 14,886

8,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakala

Hi, can someone send original nakasig tilapia 3G 4.2.1 JOP40D framework-res.apk to me, because i have Tethering/Wifi Hotspot for the Nexus 7 3G mod installed and i can't update 4.2.2 without framework error, if original framework restore helps i will inform here so that other who have same problem can do the same trick.

Your answer is 2 pages back; anyone failing an assert on a file needs to follow one of the two methods I posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #287  

8,599 posts
More
JDQ39 and bootloader 4.18 so far seem to have fixed the charging from low battery issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 05:19 AM   |  #288  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 177

464 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

JDQ39 and bootloader 4.18 so far seem to have fixed the charging from low battery issues.

what was the issue?
14th February 2013, 06:23 AM   |  #289  

8,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdatastic

what was the issue?

The charger not starting when battery was too low: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/27...ry-this-trick/.

And when booting after you put it on the charger, it would shut down again almost immediately because it wasn't drawing enough to run and also charge.

Edit: I can also confirm reports that adb isn't working correctly when USB Debugging is enabled. The connection notifications show as they should, but the PC sees the following:

Code:
>adb devices
List of devices attached
<s/n>        offline
"offline" instead of "device". fastboot and adb via custom recovery still work fine. This is only the case on the N7, no problems with this on my GN, which works automatically. Attempted using both v19 and v21 (current) of the platform-tools.

The workaround is typing "adb usb" in Terminal Emulator, and rebooting. Then possibly also "adb kill-server" and then "adb start-server" on your PC to online the device.
Last edited by osm0sis; 14th February 2013 at 08:05 AM.
14th February 2013, 09:39 AM   |  #290  
Finland
Thanks Meter: 49

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakala

Original framework restore was the trick, now i have 4.2.2 in my tab

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread