Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AT&T][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][07/11/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Tip us?

bdithug
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Default Re: [KERNEL][AT&T][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN & ICS][2/8/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker

Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking to hear!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

GalaxyHeart
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Running Task's 2/10 with yesterday's Smurf kernel.

If I turn the screen off, then immediately decide to turn it back on... it takes several seconds. Usually about 2 seconds, sometimes up to 5.

I've been able to reproduce this behaviour with any combination of scheduler/governor I've tried, even at default values.

Anyone else?

Medlock87
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Are we not supposed to use fast charge on A/C? I think I read somewhere fast charge is bad for the battery..is that right? I don't do it lol just wondering

baconatorXVI
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Default Re: [KERNEL][AT&T][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN & ICS][2/8/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHeart View Post

If I turn the screen off, then immediately decide to turn it back on... it takes several seconds. Usually about 2 seconds, sometimes up to 5.

I've been able to reproduce this behaviour with any combination of scheduler/governor I've tried, even at default values.

Anyone else?
I've found with mine if i wait till i hear the lock sound before turning the screen back on it turns on quicker. I think it's worse if the ROM has a crt off animation, like mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

If you are bored... You could check out my YouTube videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaconatorXVI

CamFlawless
Old
Thanks Meter 1491

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHeart View Post

Anyone else?
I see it here if it's a quick power off then repower on. If you try to power the screen immediately after the screen goes completely black, there is a small but noticeable lag.

davebmx05
Old
Thanks Meter 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
I think he means TW kernel and he got auto-corrected
Yea I meant TW sorry

drinfernoo
Old
Thanks Meter 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconatorXVI View Post
It disables the data transfer rails and uses them for power. just like AC. so yeah in theory it should charge just as fast. The more the screen is on with you doing stuff the slower it'll charge. just like when it's on the wall. Just don't make the mistake i did and use fast charge on AC. I used to do that with my captivate all the time. Oh boy would that thing charge quick.

Is that terrible for the battery? lol

baconatorXVI
Old
Thanks Meter 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinfernoo View Post
Is that terrible for the battery? lol

Probably.. lol. I couldn't do anything to hurt that little tank of a phone though. S3's are fragile by comparison.

If you are bored... You could check out my YouTube videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaconatorXVI

CrackerTeg
Old
Thanks Meter 1032

DONATE TO ME

Guys, can we stay on topic?
GZRoms' G+ community: Home of Ground Zero ROMs

Validus for Nexus 5:[ROM]{4.4.2}Validus by GZRoms [Nexus 5 - Hammerhead][AOSP]
Validus for Galaxy Tab 2 7": [ROM]{4.4.2}Validus by GZRoms [Galaxy Tab 2 7" - p31xx][AOSP]

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
"Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jezza

milicigoran
Old
Thanks Meter 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconatorXVI View Post
It disables the data transfer rails and uses them for power. just like AC. so yeah in theory it should charge just as fast. The more the screen is on with you doing stuff the slower it'll charge. just like when it's on the wall. Just don't make the mistake i did and use fast charge on AC. I used to do that with my captivate all the time. Oh boy would that thing charge quick.

So you're saying using fast charge on ac is bad. Not trolling, really asking because I've been doing that for a month now so it charges faster. Does that needs up the battery?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
aokp, awesomeness, faster then a greased cat on fire on ice skates, goin down a hill!, jolly bean, sips on battery, super duper oc fast, underwear