Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some opinions on s3 vs note 2

Tip us?

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
I want the note 2 . I have the s3.I'm just leary of what the next samsung phone will be. In sure the smell have some of the similar things that the note 2 has, quad core processor, 2 GB of ram. I wondering if any one has an issue with the note 2 only having 16gb of memory. I know you can add a bigger card, but you can't save your apps to the memory card. I have the 32 GB stand I never run out of space.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
16 gb does fill up fast, my next phone will have at least 32gb internal storage and a microSD slot.

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044
Default Re: Need some opinions on s3 vs note 2

I don't have any issues. Only use between 50-100 apps here. All my music goes on my sd card along with any rom/root stuff so I have plenty left still

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mrbkkt1
Old
Thanks Meter 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
16 gb does fill up fast, my next phone will have at least 32gb internal storage and a microSD slot.
Stupid need for speed teams up 2 gigs on its own.
Current devices: Galaxy Note 2 Stock,Nexus 4-stock, galaxy tab 2-7, galaxy note 10.1
Previous devices:
Sensation 4G Bruce cm10 jellybean, Asus TF300, Blackberry Playbook, Nexus 1, SE Xperia x1a,HTC Kaiser,Nokia N80,Sony Ericsson W800, Nokia 9500, Motorolla MPX 300 (winmo3), and dozens more. also have an iphone 3g and ipad2 in the family.

twistmycap
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Go with the note 2.
Galaxy s III had alot of reception issues. When I had mine, it got very hot and fried my 64 gbbsd card. Formatted and damaged it due to over heating issues.
I also like the features alot better in the note 2. Other than it being huge, you get used to it in a day or so.
And the whole pen feature the note 2 offers really comes in hand editing pics and such
Good luck with your choice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

mrbkkt1
Old
Thanks Meter 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistmycap View Post
Go with the note 2.
Galaxy s III had alot of reception issues. When I had mine, it got very hot and fried my 64 gbbsd card. Formatted and damaged it due to over heating issues.
I also like the features alot better in the note 2. Other than it being huge, you get used to it in a day or so.
And the whole pen feature the note 2 offers really comes in hand editing pics and such
Good luck with your choice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
A lot of pics that I use to have to use photoshop to edit (pixelate, combine whatever) I can do straight from the phone.
Current devices: Galaxy Note 2 Stock,Nexus 4-stock, galaxy tab 2-7, galaxy note 10.1
Previous devices:
Sensation 4G Bruce cm10 jellybean, Asus TF300, Blackberry Playbook, Nexus 1, SE Xperia x1a,HTC Kaiser,Nokia N80,Sony Ericsson W800, Nokia 9500, Motorolla MPX 300 (winmo3), and dozens more. also have an iphone 3g and ipad2 in the family.

barconr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The note is a fantastic device. I really love the look and feel of it and the generous screen size. The pen is a real feature. I find myself using it a lotin work to take down notes.

The only trade off is the size of the thing.

Joshina
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the Note 2, my brother has the S3. We both agree that the Note 2 is better because of the battery life and larger screen (other than that they're pretty similar). Don't let the size of the Note 2 discourage you, it's still very manageable and I haven't found a pocket on my pants that it doesn't fit in.

droidx2.3.3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

Just to clear things up. I have the note 2 now. Haha I got it about a week ago. Its awsome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

hypersonicx
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I say go with the Note 2, nothing comes close to the power and performance of the Exynos QUAD CPU.

I had a S3 back when I was on Sprint, and if I remember correctly it has a Dual Core Snapdragon. This Exynos flies. Deffinetly the fastes Android I have ever used.

This thing is even faster then my Nexus 7 which is Tegra 3 Quad...
-=((R-L-D))=-

sleevasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidx2.3.3 View Post
Just to clear things up. I have the note 2 now. Haha I got it about a week ago. Its awsome.

Good choice!