Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.
Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm 279 63.41%
NO, stick with a cm base(current base) 161 36.59%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Tip us?

lollyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrancis14 View Post
Will the update work with 4.2 kernels?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
That's why he's doing it.:thumbup:

Nexus 7 | PA 3.00 | Nova Launcher | Trinity 4.2 Alpha 4 Kernel
Nook Color | PA 2.99 | Nova Launcher
Nexus 7 WiFi 32Gb | PA 3.15 13-Apr-2013 | Nova Prime | Franco-Kernel r61
Nook Color | PA 3.15 30-Apr-2013 | Nova Prime | Stock Kernel

bwassef
Old
Thanks Meter 16
i noticed the messaging app is included. is there a way to connect our tablets to our phones and text using the stock messaging app, or was it just accidentally left on here?

EvanA
Old
Thanks Meter 1273

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwassef View Post
i noticed the messaging app is included. is there a way to connect our tablets to our phones and text using the stock messaging app, or was it just accidentally left on here?
It was accidentally included, moles is gonna fix it with the next gapps I believe.

Sent from my AOSPA 3.+ and m-kernel+ a36 Nexus 7
ParanoidAndroid Team - Grouper maintainer - Sprint Nexus 5 tester/maintainer
The Following User Says Thank You to EvanA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dems86
Old
Thanks Meter 180

Quote:
Tablet Talk or cloud sms. I like tablet talk when I'm on same Wi-Fi or close enough for Bluetooth.I use cloud sms when I'm too far away from my phone for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dems86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keller.jeff
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Quote:
Mighty text!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keller.jeff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwassef
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanA View Post
It was accidentally included, moles is gonna fix it with the next gapps I believe.

Sent from my AOSPA 3.+ and m-kernel+ a36 Nexus 7
Dang, I got kind of excited haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dems86 View Post
Tablet Talk or cloud sms. I like tablet talk when I'm on same Wi-Fi or close enough for Bluetooth.I use cloud sms when I'm too far away from my phone for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yea I have used both of them, but mighty text* is the best ui I have used, I'm just waiting for the bugs to be ironed out

aaronpoweruser
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7536

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAM_CAN View Post
Is fast charge disabled by default or something? I can't figure out how to turn it on, the apps tell me the Kernel doesn't support it (i've even tried this ROM with the Franco kernel to no avail). Any ideas?
The Nexus 7 doesn't support fast charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrancis14 View Post
Will the update work with 4.2 kernels?

As far as I know yes

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aaronpoweruser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charlesky
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdoesntrun View Post
Honestly, I tried it with LMT and didn't really care for it. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool, but I prefer tapping to swiping for common functions.
You don't have to use it for everything. The really beautiful function is that you can have expanded desktop and PIE activate automatically for certain apps and then use the normal navbar for everything else. For instance I have it set to send my ebook reader into full screen so I get the maximum space for text when it counts.

huisinro
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Did you try to set Display Capture Method to Screenshot? The FrameBuffer method may have caused this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vi6s View Post
Hello,

I discover this bug for Paranoid Android 4.2.1. Here is how I discover the bug:

I use "VMLite VNC Server" to remote control my Nexus 7 sometimes. It works great for Paranoid Android ROM 4.1. However, when i updated to 4.2.1, I am unable to use the app anymore. When I connect to the Nexus 7, the connection is made, but what shown on my VNC viewer client is a quadruple screen of recovery boot. It is not a recovery boot problem cause I tried both TWRP and CWM and it is the same for both. I have attached pictures in the post.

Next, I decide to switch VNC server to "droid VNC server". The problem still persists. Then, I switch to a different VNC viewer client and it is still the same. I switch to an older version of 4.2.1 ROM and the bug still presents.

I have a Galaxy S3 running 4.2.1 ROM from Cyanogen Mod and there is no problem at all running VNC server on that device. This is not a serious bug but it is quite annoying not able to run VNC server like I use to do. Please fix this bug in the next version if you can.

PS: not sure if this is where you post bug report. If not, you can direct me to the correct place and I will post it.

aaronpoweruser
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7536

DONATE TO ME
well bad news, for some reason goo is having super slow upload What normally takes 5 seconds is going to take 2 hours

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aaronpoweruser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
best rom ever
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe