Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black Screen HTC One X AT&T

Tip us?

JasonWarren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Black Screen HTC One X AT&T

i recently downloaded Rom Manager and i Flashed CRW from it and i proceded to back up my current Rom after flashing and within a second after clicking back up my phone went black screen and now it is unresponsive. I have already tried Soft and Hard reboot and neither worked. When i have my device plugged into the wall there is no LED telling me its charging. I am currently on Android version 4.0.4 please help

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Way to read

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

You not only flash cwm which isn't supports for our device but you flashed the endeavor one..good job you have. A hard brick...you should have read before doing stuff to your phone

Myrder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWarren View Post
i recently downloaded Rom Manager and i Flashed CRW from it and i proceded to back up my current Rom after flashing and within a second after clicking back up my phone went black screen and now it is unresponsive. I have already tried Soft and Hard reboot and neither worked. When i have my device plugged into the wall there is no LED telling me its charging. I am currently on Android version 4.0.4 please help
I no read, I break phone. I read, I no break phone.

/404

Since i'm done trolling you now... Head to the general section. search for Unbricking Evita thread. Precceed to READ before you do a thing.
My Work
MIUI v4[dev stopped]
MIUI v5[dev stopped]
How to Port a ROM w/ MIUI info

Did I help you, or provide useful information? Please click the thanks button, it makes me feel good about myself.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Yeah, ROM Manager doesn't support our device. CWM doesn't support our device. And you made the fatal mistake of flashing a recovery meant for the quad core One X. If you have access to a Linux machine, you can try the steps in the unbricking thread in the General forum, or the JET tool (in the Development forum).

Otherwise, you now have an expensive paperweight.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

area51avenger
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Default Re: Black Screen HTC One X AT&T

We're you on att version 2.20? If so there is nothing we can do to fix your phone. You have to send it to HTC or mobiletechvideos

Sent from my VENOMized HoxL
Phone: Nexus 5

oranget
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Default bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Yeah, ROM Manager doesn't support our device. CWM doesn't support our device. And you made the fatal mistake of flashing a recovery meant for the quad core One X. If you have access to a Linux machine, you can try the steps in the unbricking thread in the General forum, or the JET tool (in the Development forum).

Otherwise, you now have an expensive paperweight.
Yea.. unfortunately they are right.. when you flashed CWM for the Quad core One x... the unbrick method or the Jet evita tool kit may be your best chance to fix your phone...good luck,

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more