Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Tip us?
 
me_is_rushin
Old
#8351  
me_is_rushin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 432
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by venelar View Post
Everything on this build is solid. Just make sure you know what H-boot you are on to see if you need to flash the boot.img separately.
Yeah I've been xda long enough to know the best thing one can do is read, read, and read. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theartialmartist View Post
do you all prefer the latest 4.1 nightly to 4.2 with whatever bugs it has?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
+1 I would like to know this as well from those of you who have ran both.
 
doubleblack
Old
#8352  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2011
All, as my last post stated my wifi problem is related to rohan kernel not CM10 like I originally thought. I understand sometimes it is important to test "vanilla" but I thought I was safe with the rohan kernel and saw no recent mentions of wifi problem with it. I am sorry for the confusion, I am anxiously looking forward to CM 10.1 nighties.
 
h8rift
Old
#8353  
h8rift's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9762
Posts: 1,850
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_is_rushin View Post
+1 I would like to know this as well from those of you who have ran both.
FWIW, besides the screen refresh rate annoyance (being fixed) and 480p/1080p vid cam busted (being fixed), its solid.

I've been using it since I made a post about it.
If you like my work or if I've helped you, please consider the "Thanks" button or donate if you wish. Join #cm-htc on Freenode to chat about CM HTC devices!

HTC One - M8 - CyanogenMod: 11.0
HTC One - XL - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 | 10 | 9
HTC One - VX - *coming soon*

Previous Work:
HTC One - M7 - CyanogenMod: 11.0 | 10.2 | 10.1 -- Maintainer: intervigil
HTC One Mini - CyanogenMod: 11.0 -- Maintainer: u-ra
HTC Vivid 4G - CyanogenMod 10 -- Support halted.


Data needed to troubleshoot CM issues
The Following User Says Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xetrev
Old
#8354  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 210
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
FWIW, besides the screen refresh rate annoyance (being fixed) and 480p/1080p vid cam busted (being fixed), its solid.

I've been using it since I made a post about it.


is the refresh rate annoyance the issue that happens in google maps?

where it cuts in and out and does all kinds of odd stuff when zooming in/out
 
neocryte
Old
#8355  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 218
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York City
Made my first foray into CM last night. Tried CM 10.1, but the screen refresh issue was a no-go for me - but CM 10 works great!!

I searched for this in the thread, and it has been asked a few times - but does anyone know what the deal is with the old TV lockscreen animation? Folks say it works sometimes, and sometimes not. When I first installed CM 10, it worked every time I turned off the screen, and now it doesn't work at all... haven't seen it in the last 50+ times I shut off the screen.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xetrev View Post
is the refresh rate annoyance the issue that happens in google maps?
Not sure if there's an issue with Google Maps, but to me the screen refresh rate issue is most noticeable on the homescreen/app drawer. As you swipe side to side across screens, you can see the screen being re-drawn - it's not fast enough.
 
xetrev
Old
#8356  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 210
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default [ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theartialmartist View Post
do you all prefer the latest 4.1 nightly to 4.2 with whatever bugs it has?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
I run 4.1.2 due to using this phone for work 24/7.

I don't need any features that 4.2.1 has but I do need stability.
 
Ragingsheep
Old
#8357  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 91
Join Date: Jul 2010
Is it possible to use MTP and have the SD partition formatted in another file system such as EXT4?
 
Spike15
Old
#8358  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 520
Join Date: Nov 2009
Are the problems with this ROM ever going to be fixed or is it just in a state of being perpetually broken since h8rift is also doing 10.1?

After a few days uptime the battery drain spikes to >10% per hour just sitting on my desk, and hot resets start to happen with great regularity.

There's also an issue where the WiFi randomly cuts out and locks up all data on the phone until WiFi is manually turn off then on again.

All of these have been issues since before Christmas.

Links to pics since the pics were huge for some reason:

Link 1

Link 2
 
jacobas92
Old
#8359  
jacobas92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 806
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norton, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike15 View Post
Are the problems with this ROM ever going to be fixed or is it just in a state of being perpetually broken since h8rift is also doing 10.1?

After a few days uptime the battery drain spikes to >10% per hour just sitting on my desk, and hot resets start to happen with great regularity.

There's also an issue where the WiFi randomly cuts out and locks up all data on the phone until WiFi is manually turn off then on again.

All of these have been issues since before Christmas.

Links to pics since the pics were huge for some reason:

Link 1

Link 2
Bluetooth
Skype
Some messaging app
Sync
I'm sure there are others.

You can increase battery life by not running so many background processes. One of them is probably the cause of a wakelock.
 
PUfelix85
Old
#8360  
PUfelix85's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One XL

Has anyone had any luck with the FM Radio yet? If so, what have you used?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
AT&T HTC One X(L)

Tags
aosp, bacon, cm10, cyanogenmod, evita, jellybean, one xl
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes