Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can only get EDGE network

OP Pikezer1337

14th February 2013, 12:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

353 posts
So I've been using my Galaxy for a bit, and after flashing a few ROMS my mobile data, is only able to pick up EDGE, which is a pretty big deal for me.
It started yesterday when I flashed CM10.1 and then AOKP. Those were both fine, I was still able to get 4g with them, then I came upon a ROM on here that suggested I format my system before installing. So I did that, and ever since then I have not been able to get more then EDGE. I have since returned to stock rom and other roms and they all yield the same result. I have noticed my IMEI was at 0, so I did end up injecting that, but still nothing. My signal strength right now is at -59 dBm. And unfortunately my Mobile Network Type reads: Edge:2. I can provide you guys with different details such as my APN and all if you need.
I also tried my SIM card on my other phone and was immediately able to get LTE on it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
14th February 2013, 02:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 1,466

2,331 posts
More
So you've checked that recovering your IMEI was successful and is now displayed? You said you've also made sure your APN settings were correct, right? Do you have the "data enabled" checked and the 2G only unchecked (in mobile network settings)?
14th February 2013, 03:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

353 posts
Correct, I injected my IMEI and it is the same as on the inside of my phone and it shows that in my settings. My APN settings are correct, I found the LTE settings here and tried them and still nothing. My data is enabled and 2G only is indeed unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx

So you've checked that recovering your IMEI was successful and is now displayed? You said you've also made sure your APN settings were correct, right? Do you have the "data enabled" checked and the 2G only unchecked (in mobile network settings)?

14th February 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 617

1,031 posts
More
Re: Can only get EDGE network
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikezer1337

Correct, I injected my IMEI and it is the same as on the inside of my phone and it shows that in my settings. My APN settings are correct, I found the LTE settings here and tried them and still nothing. My data is enabled and 2G only is indeed unchecked.

Try new modems
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898

When I switched to 4.2 my phone did this, I updated to the latest modem and now it is good

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 03:19 AM   |  #5  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 1,466

2,331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikezer1337

Well, sir, I would try a modem as liltitiz suggested above. Your other settings seem to be correc .
14th February 2013, 03:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx

Well, sir, I would try a modem as liltitiz suggested above. Your other settings seem to be correc .

Well I went to the link. I believe I was already on the latest modem, so I decided to flash the one above which would be the second newest. The only thing it changed was now instead of EDGE:2 as my mobile network it sasy GPRS:1
I;m not sure what to make of that.
14th February 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

353 posts
I have somewhat made process on this issue. When I first turn on my phone my Mobile Network Type is UMTS:3 and I am able to get a 4g symbol but the signal is at -113. This is only when I enable mobile data real quick after putting on the phone, if I don't do that after a minute it will change to EDGE;2. The problem is there is no service with it turned on and my asu is at 0. But when I turn it off the signal immediately gets better and I get asu's.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread