Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[16Feb13 edit]How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' /'Official'

Tip us?

zabenoid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default You can have root and supersu and busybox and adbd insecure and have "normal" system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3v0 View Post
No. Not if you keep root. You need the workaround to hide su from sysscope

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
You just need to disable supersu. You can temporarily enable it when you need root and then disable it again, works fine. Sysscope seems to be most active only when you have booted, and anyway if you have bad luck and sysscope gets you then you can wipe it and boot! And i dont need triangleaway workaround, i have free version in "let sysscope run" mode, i dont know why but it did get my odin mode go to normal so i kept it.

Manipur
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Default Re: How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in setting (without factory re

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabenoid View Post
You just need to disable supersu. You can temporarily enable it when you need root and then disable it again, works fine. Sysscope seems to be most active only when you have booted, and anyway if you have bad luck and sysscope gets you then you can wipe it and boot! And i dont need triangleaway workaround, i have free version in "let sysscope run" mode, i dont know why but it did get my odin mode go to normal so i kept it.

Now the problem with disabling superuser is that even I can get back the status to normal, there is no way I can get back into triangle away revert the changes.
I was able get an update, after freezing syscope and disabling superuser. But my device got stuck in Samsung logo.
I tried flashing stock firmware again but it failed. Something to do with the pit partition. But the firmware and pitfile I got is from Samsung care. It should have worked but it didn't.
What I plan to do next week after coming back from my trip is run triangle away again. Flash the stock firmware. Disable recovery. It is bound to fail, but at keast when I go to download mode, it will show official status. That way I am going to claim warranty. My spen is acting weird actually. Will ask them to change the motherboard or gimme a new handset.
Hope there are no samsung representatives out here.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Sparh4wk
Old
Thanks Meter 6
it really works, great guide

drjamit
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf60 View Post
I was on rooted stock rom N7105XXDMA6, in download mode it shown counter 0 and official. But in setting status it shown modified. It seem this method not worked for me. Not big deal for me. Thank Dr.

Send via i9100 using Tapatalk2,
XXLSJ with phil 4b34 kernel,
suerSU 1.04
No it Modifies that status to NORMAL, wait and reboot. i just did this 5 min back, EXACTLY same story as yours

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Thanks Doc, it is really GENIUS of u. i just did this on my Note 2 MA6 and now sammy Server asks me to wait for OTA !!!! Yippi. !!! Now waiting for MA2 and than will ROOT... Keeping fingers crossed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drjamit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timberwolf60
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Default Re: How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in setting (without factory re

I had updated to Singapore ma8 and this method worked. Thank.

Send via i9100 using XDA premium,
ROM: Stock XWLSD
Kernel: Phil XWLSD V4.35
superSU 1.04

rafaelbrandao
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justkiddinghere View Post
I tried it didnt work for me

Tried twice

Did same steps

I have simple rooted note 2 with stock kernel and recovery

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Same here on GT-N7100 stock kernel, stock recovery, stock 4.1.1 rom. Rooted with exynos abuse 1.40, after that could'nt install OTA. Used TA to reset flash counter and checked in Download Mode, it says official samsung and everything is OK. But my system status is "Modified". Tried to remove exynos abuse, supersu and triangle away but it remains "Modified", tried clear app data with TiB, disable supersu, booted, that didnt work.

I don't want to factory reset, should I use Odin to flash 4.1.2 rom?

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelbrandao View Post
Same here on GT-N7100 stock kernel, stock recovery, stock 4.1.1 rom. Rooted with exynos abuse 1.40, after that could'nt install OTA. Used TA to reset flash counter and checked in Download Mode, it says official samsung and everything is OK. But my system status is "Modified". Tried to remove exynos abuse, supersu and triangle away but it remains "Modified", tried clear app data with TiB, disable supersu, booted, that didnt work.

I don't want to factory reset, should I use Odin to flash 4.1.2 rom?
+1

drjamit
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default On Latest DMA2 now , thanks to Dr Ketan

On Latest DMA2 now , thanks to Dr Ketan.
TA, Syscope Data clear , OTA , from DMA6 to DMA2.

rchrd725
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I had the same problem for my note initially with stock unit then I send them back samsung centre (malaysia) ask them what was the cause them previously android had issue them updated solve the problem

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

dr.ketan
Old
(Last edited by dr.ketan; 16th February 2013 at 02:01 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 26086

DONATE TO ME
[16Feb13] Edit :

I have again got chance to test system status under download mode
It was System status : Custom
status under setting - about device - Normal
So i have tried wiping data for
1.Enterprise sysscope service 4.1.2.** (this was found after new firmware DM2 only)
2.Sysscope 1.1.14

then rebooted device to recovery
reboot device
Reboot to Download mode and surprisingly status in download mode is 'Official' as well under setting - about device - also 'Normal'
If you don't have titanium backup, try this
setting - application manager- All - find both application 1.Enterprise Sysscope service and SysScope and clear data for both
Reboot.
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

---Will back soon from a small break ---

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]