Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PROOF]

OP klin1344

14th February 2013, 03:06 AM   |  #301  
Nerd019's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas,TX
Thanks Meter: 134
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
i'm trying to replace the romcontrol.ak and then flashing and it doesnt work doesnt flash

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #302  
travisjustin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
I tried a partition install, Ubuntu didn't play well with my gfx card.

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd019

i'm trying to replace the romcontrol.ak and then flashing and it doesnt work doesnt flash

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

So you replaced romcontrol.apk from bb7, to overwrite the one in bb8. Did you dirty flash? I had to do a clean install. Dirty flash just hung on boot screen.

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel
14th February 2013, 03:12 AM   |  #303  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,434
 
5,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd019

i'm trying to replace the romcontrol.ak and then flashing and it doesnt work doesnt flash

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Working for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjustin

I tried a partition install, Ubuntu didn't play well with my gfx card.

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel

What gpu?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-14-02-10-13.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1728150  
14th February 2013, 03:14 AM   |  #304  
travisjustin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
Nvidia gtx 570

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel
14th February 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #305  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,434
 
5,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjustin

Nvidia gtx 570

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel

Should work then since it worked fine when I had the 460 and now works fine with 660.
14th February 2013, 03:24 AM   |  #306  
travisjustin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
Guess it can't hurt to try again. I've had issues with this card since I bought it. From what I've read the whole 500 series was screwy. Not to mention the windows drivers that I had to keep rolled back for almost a year till they fixed the crashing in windows 7. Worst experience with a GPU I've ever had.

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel
14th February 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #307  
Nerd019's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas,TX
Thanks Meter: 134
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
got it working now did a dirty flash haha

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 03:26 AM   |  #308  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,434
 
5,866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjustin

Guess it can't hurt to try again. I've had issues with this card since I bought it. From what I've read the whole 500 series was screwy. Not to mention the windows drivers that I had to keep rolled back for almost a year till they fixed the crashing in windows 7. Worst experience with a GPU I've ever had.

HTC One S - BB7
Nexus 7 - BB7
Asus TF101 - EOS 4 with KatKernel

Ya I would you never know it might work.
17th February 2013, 05:42 AM   |  #309  
Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 5
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
error in repo sync
got error in repo sync. error.Giterror("cannot initialize work tree") any ideas what happened?

Syncing work tree: 75% (315/420) Checking out files: 2% (65/230Checking out files: 100% (2307/2307), done.
Syncing work tree: 78% (328/420) Checking out files: 0% (8/1293Checking out files: 100% (1293/1293), done.
Syncing work tree: 81% (341/420) Checking out files: 2% (23/114Checking out files: 100% (1148/1148), done.
Syncing work tree: 87% (366/420) Checking out files: 7% (45/575Checking out files: 100% (575/575), done.
Syncing work tree: 88% (370/420) fatal: unable to write new index file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 408, in <module>
_Main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 388, in _Main
result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 138, in _Run
result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 585, in Execute
project.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf)
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1015, in Sync_LocalHalf
self._InitWorkTree()
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1801, in _InitWorkTree
raise GitError("cannot initialize work tree")
error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree
17th February 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #310  
$droyd$'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 10,820
 
4,905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE][ROM][S4] How to build your own Baked BlackBean ROM! [AOSP 4.2.1][NOOB-PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac2011

got error in repo sync. error.Giterror("cannot initialize work tree") any ideas what happened?

Syncing work tree: 75% (315/420) Checking out files: 2% (65/230Checking out files: 100% (2307/2307), done.
Syncing work tree: 78% (328/420) Checking out files: 0% (8/1293Checking out files: 100% (1293/1293), done.
Syncing work tree: 81% (341/420) Checking out files: 2% (23/114Checking out files: 100% (1148/1148), done.
Syncing work tree: 87% (366/420) Checking out files: 7% (45/575Checking out files: 100% (575/575), done.
Syncing work tree: 88% (370/420) fatal: unable to write new index file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 408, in <module>
_Main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 388, in _Main
result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/main.py", line 138, in _Run
result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 585, in Execute
project.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf)
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1015, in Sync_LocalHalf
self._InitWorkTree()
File "/home/android/baked/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1801, in _InitWorkTree
raise GitError("cannot initialize work tree")
error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree

Start from scratch..

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes