OP albinoman887

14th February 2013, 01:30 AM   |  #2621  
Flag Bloomington
Thanks Meter: 96

502 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameeeleon

Also re: torch bug, install Flashlight LED Genius from Play Store. It has a function where if you shake your phone on the lock screen the torch comes on and holds a wakelock until you shake it again. I never use any other method anymore.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Just tried it. it only works if you hit the power button on the lock screen. so when my lock screen shuts shown, it goes off. which means I have to power up again. this is the problem with torch. I wish I knew this stuff, it works in the ICS sense flashlight. someone smarter than me should figure out how to port that flashlight over.
14th February 2013, 01:34 AM   |  #2622  
Thanks Meter: 607

2,321 posts
Re: [ROM] CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.1 Jellybean [KANG] [Feb-12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGhunter

Just tried it. it only works if you hit the power button on the lock screen. so when my lock screen shuts shown, it goes off. which means I have to power up again. this is the problem with torch. I wish I knew this stuff, it works in the ICS sense flashlight. someone smarter than me should figure out how to port that flashlight over.

The tesla led app automatically turns the led back on when the screen goes off. Just wish I could put it on the pull down tile screen thing.
14th February 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #2623  
Thanks Meter: 14

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGhunter

It holds a lock when you shake the torch on, so the screen and torch stay on until you turn either the screen or the light off... at least it does on mine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation
14th February 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #2624  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1,049

2,411 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomer1981

I installed feb-10 build 2 days ago onto ViperS 1.6.3, and everything was great. Installed feb-12 build today, and still everything is great. There are two small problems, which won't affect many users, but they annoy me a little - (1) mhl doesn't work (2) the flashlight app which comes with the rom isn't perfect - light turns off with screen.

But other than that - PERFECT !!

You flashed this on viper and everything works great? what do you mean? o_0
14th February 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #2625  
Thanks Meter: 20

222 posts
Fine ill wire trick and update to 3.33 on Sunday when I have the time... Listen it's not about me not being tech savy it's because I did not like the idea of putting metal objects in the phone... I'm a more software guy working at an ad server and I hate to deal with hardware issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #2626  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Snohomish, WA
Thanks Meter: 12,901

3,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think I fixed the clock drift....

Update in a bit....

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to albinoman887 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 03:36 AM   |  #2627  
Thanks Meter: 16

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowx360

Have you always turned off data? I don't have data and I don't have this problem.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

yes my data is always off..

looking forward for the clock fix!
14th February 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #2628  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 233

916 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by STk3000

Fine ill wire trick and update to 3.33 on Sunday when I have the time... Listen it's not about me not being tech savy it's because I did not like the idea of putting metal objects in the phone... I'm a more software guy working at an ad server and I hate to deal with hardware issues.

You'll be fine with the wire mod-- I've S-OFFed three different sensations with no issues (even arced a little one time due to static electricity, didn't hurt anything).

Try to find the instructions with the video gif-- it helps get the right timing (has to be DEAD on to work).

Also make sure you:

1) Touch something metal first to discharge any static you have (will throw off the procedure otherwise)

2) Don't be stupid like me and use an unshielded wire (like a paper clip)-- it defeats the grounding action and will burn up a lot of time. Use a shielded wire or use a paper clip and wear a glove-- took me over 2 hours my first time until I finally realized that. I don't think the instructions mention it, and although it should be obvious, it just didn't occur to me right away (and I'm an engineering student, lol)
14th February 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #2629  
Flag Snohomish, WA

3,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
updated OP for test fix for S-ON users
14th February 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #2630  
Flag Snohomish, WA

3,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
just so everyone knows, i tryed thsoe display-caf commits on gerrit but it wouldnt even build, failed pretty quickly

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread