Flag Coral Springs
Thanks Meter: 304

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.1.2][p-series][12/18/12] ParanoidAndroid 2.99 [1.9a]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum870

Yeah, this isn't actually a functional PA ROM. It says its PA, but its really just CM10 since the Per App stuff doesn't work. Never has. I've almost lost hope in it.

It is fully PA, but since it's not officially supported, I kind of have to do extra stuff to make things work. That being said, I hope the release of 3.0 (yes it was released), will fix some of the issues. I just have to wait for the guide on building 3.0, because I've tried myself, but it doesn't work, lol.

In thee future, I also hope to have 3.0 4.1.2 and 3.0 4.2.1, for those people that want stability over fresh OS.
14th February 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 33

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99

Took a quick run with this one (from CM10.1). Very smooth.

Only issue is HOME button on the Nav Bar (in Tablet mode) seems to produce no action. The Back button and Recents button seem to work as expected.

Am I missing something obvious?

Any help or advice from the PA crowd?

Thanks!
14th February 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #353  
Thanks Meter: 11

123 posts
Arrow
one thing i have noticed in this rom is that the settings button in both BS player and Mx player are unavailable for some reason..
on the stock rom there are three options with a option to go to preferences and in BS player to go from local mode to lan mode, this button is missing and is a little irritating, is there a solution to this issue ? I tried some of the PA settings nothing seems to work.

Another thing i would like to know has anyone got full call functions working in this rom? i have tried Flashing the modems but so for have only managed to get calling working in the stock ICS.

HDMI Flicker/ resolution bug seems to be on all roms, but if there is a future release could someone please look into the HDMI/flicker issue ?

Paranoid android is defiantly my favorite rom, and i hope a few of these issues can be fixed in any future updates.
14th February 2013, 07:09 AM   |  #354  
Thanks Meter: 164

391 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2dyno

It is fully PA, but since it's not officially supported, I kind of have to do extra stuff to make things work. That being said, I hope the release of 3.0 (yes it was released), will fix some of the issues. I just have to wait for the guide on building 3.0, because I've tried myself, but it doesn't work, lol.

In thee future, I also hope to have 3.0 4.1.2 and 3.0 4.2.1, for those people that want stability over fresh OS.

You can build PA 3.0 without big problems.
1) You must do "repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/manifest.git -b jellybean"
NOT "repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android.git -b jellybean"
2) I have attached configs that i use to build for p5. They also allow to use rild from stock 4.0.4 to allow incoming calls.
Modify them for using p4 and not p5 and you will build successfully
You can try to ask for help there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547
BTW, if your storage is not mounted after launch - check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=791

Seems that we need to wait until Cyanogen updates android_hardware_libhardware_legacy git

Or you can take wifi.c and wifi.h from
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...r1/wifi/wifi.c
https://android.googlesource.com/pla..._legacy/wifi.h

Just copy code from that pages and replace in your working copy.
Attached Files
File Type: gz p5.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (183.8 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by DemonGloom; 14th February 2013 at 11:31 AM.
3rd March 2013, 10:19 AM   |  #355  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
I downloaded this version , and trying to flash with recovery mod , update doesn't start ?
5th March 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #356  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

116 posts
More
Downloaded for the P4wifi P7510 version. Wiped everything required and installed via CWM. Boots fine.

There are no back or home buttons on the bottom. Ideas?
5th March 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #357  
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 295

2,092 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlincok

Downloaded for the P4wifi P7510 version. Wiped everything required and installed via CWM. Boots fine.

There are no back or home buttons on the bottom. Ideas?

Check the third post of the thread.
7th April 2013, 09:22 PM   |  #358  
OP Senior Member
Flag Coral Springs
Thanks Meter: 304

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

I'm selling my tablet to get a Nexus 10. However, I'm going to give this one more go, and see if I can get a new version building. If I can, I'll need some testers
The Following User Says Thank You to D2dyno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #359  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 396

862 posts
More
Quote:

Hey guys,

I'm selling my tablet to get a Nexus 10. However, I'm going to give this one more go, and see if I can get a new version building. If I can, I'll need some testers

I'd test

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app
11th April 2013, 03:34 AM   |  #360  
Thanks Meter: 26

78 posts
Quote:

Hey guys,

So....since its been a few days, does this mean the build was unsuccessful? Or you just haven't had time to try yet? Not trying to be impatient....but just wondering the status

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p4wifi, p7510, paranoidandroid, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread