Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-Bootloader/Recovery unlock process for KFire 2 [TWRP 2.6.3.0]

Tip us?

chris_m128
Old
Thanks Meter 31
ever since flashing the latest rom, charging for me has been really slow, i went from 31 percent to 60 in 4 hours, when the screen is off, the orange indicator light is on, but when the screen is on the indicator light is off, and under status in settings it doesnt say it's charging but the circle indicator in the right hand corner shows that its charging. could this be the result of a bad flash? only had the kindle for about a week, hate to tihnk i've damaged the charger plug
Alien Droid KF2 4.2.2
LG G2 Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Stock

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I backed up using twrp and now have system.win and ect is that basically system.img can i restore using fastboot with these files or only twrp? Thanks for all the hard work btw

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillconnor13 View Post
I backed up using twrp and now have system.win and ect is that basically system.img can i restore using fastboot with these files or only twrp? Thanks for all the hard work btw
Just use the restore utility if you have problems your find it on the first post.
Device 1 LG G3 D855 16gb Gold stock
Device 2 Google Nexus 2013 32gb rooted Developer L preview 2 rom
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken pandu)
Device 4 Nvidia shield stock 4.4.2
Device 5 Dell Alienware M17 R5 16gb ram, I7 4700mq R9 M290X 4gb.
The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Those images are not fastbootable. They are only for twrp, if you have a backup of the twrp folder from your sdcard, and you for whatever reason need to start from stock again, push the twrp folder back to the sdcard, then while in twrp, restore that backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Just use the restore utility if you have problems your find it on the first post.
Actually, now that he has recovery images, he doesn't need kf2-srt.
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
Those images are not fastbootable. They are only for twrp, if you have a backup of the twrp folder from your sdcard, and you for whatever reason need to start from stock again, push the twrp folder back to the sdcard, then while in twrp, restore that backup.

Actually, now that he has recovery images, he doesn't need kf2-srt.
so basically you guys are saying if I forget to flash a kernel or something like that and I get stuck in boot loop I can just use twrp? and I have ordered my fastboot cable just in case and thanks for the fast replys means a lot

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so basically you guys are saying if I forget to flash a kernel or something like that and I get stuck in boot loop I can just use twrp? and I have ordered my fastboot cable just in case and thanks for the fast replys means a lot
That's exactly what I mean. if you get stuck at the orange kf logo before the blue one, you will need a fbcable, Fastboot is currently included in second boot (the blue logo) If you need, you can use fastboot in the second boot with a normal cable.
freenode irc #kf2-dev

hillconnor13
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
That's exactly what I mean. if you get stuck at the orange kf logo before the blue one, you will need a fbcable, Fastboot is currently included in second boot (the blue logo) If you need, you can use fastboot in the second boot with a normal cable.
How would you achieve fb in the blue logo it just comes up booting dissapprears or you have to select reset boot recovering or reboot?

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How would you achieve fb in the blue logo it just comes up booting dissapprears or you have to select reset boot recovering or reboot?
it just is. just issue a command, then at <waiting for device> plug it in/turn it on/reboot it
freenode irc #kf2-dev

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]

Just out of curiosity.. What will it take for this to be made official and nightlies to occur?

Not trying to be demanding.. In fact- if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,390

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]

Both 1st and 2nd gen Kindle Fires were submitted to CyanigenMod review 2 days ago.

I'll check in with them today to see where we're at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]