Ask a question

No registration required

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-Bootloader/Recovery unlock process for KFire 2 [TWRP 2.6.3.0]

OP Hashcode

1st February 2013, 03:33 AM   |  #281  
Thanks Meter: 31

228 posts
More
ever since flashing the latest rom, charging for me has been really slow, i went from 31 percent to 60 in 4 hours, when the screen is off, the orange indicator light is on, but when the screen is on the indicator light is off, and under status in settings it doesnt say it's charging but the circle indicator in the right hand corner shows that its charging. could this be the result of a bad flash? only had the kindle for about a week, hate to tihnk i've damaged the charger plug
9th February 2013, 02:16 AM   |  #282  
Flag chatham
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
I backed up using twrp and now have system.win and ect is that basically system.img can i restore using fastboot with these files or only twrp? Thanks for all the hard work btw
9th February 2013, 06:24 AM   |  #283  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 312

2,127 posts
More
Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillconnor13

I backed up using twrp and now have system.win and ect is that basically system.img can i restore using fastboot with these files or only twrp? Thanks for all the hard work btw

Just use the restore utility if you have problems your find it on the first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 08:12 AM   |  #284  
Flag Mount Vernon, IA,USA
Thanks Meter: 188

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Those images are not fastbootable. They are only for twrp, if you have a backup of the twrp folder from your sdcard, and you for whatever reason need to start from stock again, push the twrp folder back to the sdcard, then while in twrp, restore that backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley

Just use the restore utility if you have problems your find it on the first post.

Actually, now that he has recovery images, he doesn't need kf2-srt.
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 12:08 PM   |  #285  
Flag chatham

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo

Those images are not fastbootable. They are only for twrp, if you have a backup of the twrp folder from your sdcard, and you for whatever reason need to start from stock again, push the twrp folder back to the sdcard, then while in twrp, restore that backup.

Actually, now that he has recovery images, he doesn't need kf2-srt.

so basically you guys are saying if I forget to flash a kernel or something like that and I get stuck in boot loop I can just use twrp? and I have ordered my fastboot cable just in case and thanks for the fast replys means a lot
9th February 2013, 06:10 PM   |  #286  

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so basically you guys are saying if I forget to flash a kernel or something like that and I get stuck in boot loop I can just use twrp? and I have ordered my fastboot cable just in case and thanks for the fast replys means a lot

That's exactly what I mean. if you get stuck at the orange kf logo before the blue one, you will need a fbcable, Fastboot is currently included in second boot (the blue logo) If you need, you can use fastboot in the second boot with a normal cable.
10th February 2013, 01:45 AM   |  #287  
Flag chatham

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo

That's exactly what I mean. if you get stuck at the orange kf logo before the blue one, you will need a fbcable, Fastboot is currently included in second boot (the blue logo) If you need, you can use fastboot in the second boot with a normal cable.

How would you achieve fb in the blue logo it just comes up booting dissapprears or you have to select reset boot recovering or reboot?
10th February 2013, 05:06 AM   |  #288  

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How would you achieve fb in the blue logo it just comes up booting dissapprears or you have to select reset boot recovering or reboot?

it just is. just issue a command, then at <waiting for device> plug it in/turn it on/reboot it
14th February 2013, 12:50 AM   |  #289  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,989

3,696 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]
Just out of curiosity.. What will it take for this to be made official and nightlies to occur?

Not trying to be demanding.. In fact- if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
14th February 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #290  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,680

3,242 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]
Both 1st and 2nd gen Kindle Fires were submitted to CyanigenMod review 2 days ago.

I'll check in with them today to see where we're at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread