Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Your One-Stop Shop for the Note II (Kernels, Roms, Guides, Modems, Etc.)

Tip us?
 
Grant Barker
Old
#81  
Grant Barker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 366
Posts: 970
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tokyo

 
DONATE TO ME
You guys might be interested in my up-to-date Galaxy Note 2 ROM list here also, in case you hadn't known about it and it can be of help.
 
4u2nvinmtl
Old
#82  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 100
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Barker View Post
You guys might be interested in my up-to-date Galaxy Note 2 ROM list here also, in case you hadn't known about it and it can be of help.
Nice list but which roms will have s-pen/s-note/samsung apps support ?
 
mjwhirly
Old
#83  
mjwhirly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 501
Posts: 434
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
Nice list but which roms will have s-pen/s-note/samsung apps support ?
Anything that is touchwiz-based

Anything that is AOSP such as Cm10/10.1, aokp, paranoid android, rootbox, etc. will not have samsung apps, s-note or s-pen gestures.....though there are some alternative apps in the play store to replace the samsung ones for example s-note=papyrus
Current: AT&T Galaxy Note II---Jedi X-17
Nexus 7 (2013) UnOfficial AOKP
LG G2---Stock at the moment
Thank me if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjwhirly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
moe87
Old
#84  
moe87's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
thanks for the awesome list .. well done!

i just picked up my ATT Note2 last night, i turn my back for few mins, and the gf already hit the OTA so now im running 4.1.2 :/
looking everyone around on the web and no luck to get CWM Recovery or anyway for me to enjoy the ROMs here :/

didnt want to start new thread cuz im sure that will set everyone on fire on me lool, i figured i would ask here since u might have a clue or point me in the direction to where i should be looking!

thank you in advance
Tiger
 
mjwhirly
Old
#85  
mjwhirly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 501
Posts: 434
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Default Re: [REF] Your one-stop shop for the Note II (Kernels, Roms, Guides, Modems, Etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe87 View Post
thanks for the awesome list .. well done!

i just picked up my ATT Note2 last night, i turn my back for few mins, and the gf already hit the OTA so now im running 4.1.2 :/
looking everyone around on the web and no luck to get CWM Recovery or anyway for me to enjoy the ROMs here :/

didnt want to start new thread cuz im sure that will set everyone on fire on me lool, i figured i would ask here since u might have a clue or point me in the direction to where i should be looking!

thank you in advance
Go to the first post of this thread and go down to section 7 and use the first link (cf-root thread) to first root your device, afterwards downlaod goomanager from the play store and open and click the menu button, press install open recovery script, it will then download and flash twrp recovery to your device then just download your favorite rom and reboot to recovery to flash

I would recommed the hybrid tw/aosp rom by wali01x if you want non-aosp, and liquid smooth by dagr8 if you want aosp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Current: AT&T Galaxy Note II---Jedi X-17
Nexus 7 (2013) UnOfficial AOKP
LG G2---Stock at the moment
Thank me if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjwhirly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
moe87
Old
#86  
moe87's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
words wont be enough to thank you.. but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR making me fall inlove with my NOTE2 once again

the goomanager did the trick!

once again thank you so much!
Tiger
 
BigBake88
Old
#87  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 482
Posts: 760
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Is the baseband version in the OP the latest radios? I am on 1317UCALK7. Thanks!
 
mrkevo3000
Old
#88  
mrkevo3000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 358
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBake88 View Post
Is the baseband version in the OP the latest radios? I am on 1317UCALK7. Thanks!
Im still on J2 would like to update as well dont see the K7 or M4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
"I Proudly Served"
HIT THANKS IF I"VE HELPED YOU
 
BigBake88
Old
#89  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 482
Posts: 760
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo3000 View Post
Im still on J2 would like to update as well dont see the K7 or M4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=ma4

Here ya go. Latest MA4 baseband for AT&T. Flash and go no need to wipe anything.
 
Sqb
Old
#90  
Sqb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 342
Posts: 729
Join Date: Jan 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38727956

this should work. Both att and Rogers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes