Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CWM Touch][TWRP] Root + Recovery for Tilapia

Tip us?

philos64
Old
(Last edited by philos64; 8th February 2013 at 06:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust.deaconu View Post
i am on ubuntu last release. and fastboot oem unlock doesn t work. i ve instaled adb and fastboot. do i need another package?
The last release is 12.04 or 12.10 ?
but I believe that there are some problems with the latest version of Ubuntu, but I'm not sure of that.
Have you use this guide : Ubuntu 11.10 and ADB and fastboot
and try this : [GUIDE] - Updated 30Jan - Unlock and Root a Nexus7 3G “Nakasig- Tilapia”

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Default Re: [CWM Touch][TWRP] Root + Recovery for Tilapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust.deaconu View Post
how much time does it supposed to last the unlock? i typed fastboot oem unlock and it is waiting for device, and waiting and waiting. latest tilapia i saw is 2.3.2.1. where can i find 2.3.3.0?
Waiting for device should only take a few seconds. You need to get the correct fastboot drivers and be booted into fastboot. Use the command "fastboot devices" to verify if it can see the device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xtoudi
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default Re: [CWM Touch][TWRP] Root + Recovery for Tilapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
The last release is 12.04 or 12.10 ?
but I believe that there are some problems with the latest version of Ubuntu, but I'm not sure of that.
Have you use this guide : Ubuntu 11.10 and ADB and fastboot
and try this : [GUIDE] - Updated 30Jan - Unlock and Root a Nexus7 3G “Nakasig- Tilapia”
Try with sudo.
Works on 12.10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

faust.deaconu
Old
(Last edited by faust.deaconu; 9th February 2013 at 07:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoudi View Post
Try with sudo.
Works on 12.10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
worked with sudo. but now can t make twrp permanent recovery. can t boot to recovery mode by presing volume up. i got into twrp recovery from bootloader menu but i can t "adb shell" or even "sudo adb shell". it says "insufficient permissions for device". i also tried to install cm10.1 from temporary twrp but instalation aborted.

andy034
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default How do i update my recovery?

I used a nexus 7 toolkit by Mark skippen and installed cwm 6.0.1.9. i think this is a grouper cwm as I am unable to install 4.2.2 for tilapia using this. it is giving me an assert failure. Now that my bootloader is unlocked, should i still have to follow all the steps in OP? Or can I flash any file to get a tilapia recovery?
thanks
Nexus 7 on Stock ROM
Galaxy R on Blueberry ROM

mateorod
Old
(Last edited by mateorod; 14th February 2013 at 06:56 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy034 View Post
I used a nexus 7 toolkit by Mark skippen and installed cwm 6.0.1.9. i think this is a grouper cwm as I am unable to install 4.2.2 for tilapia using this. it is giving me an assert failure. Now that my bootloader is unlocked, should i still have to follow all the steps in OP? Or can I flash any file to get a tilapia recovery?
thanks
Wait...he still is installing grouper recovery? That should never have been happening in the first place. No wonder people are so down on tool kits. I hope he likes getting bug reports.

Flash recovery that is made for your device (the one is this thread will work fine.)

Edit: Did you uninstall any system apps?(Currents, Books, etc?) That will give you an assert failure even with tilapia recovery.
Support Beloko Games' source ports of Doom and Quake 1-3, Jedi Knight, etc.

He is hurting from piracy...I need Doom 3 on my phone, you guys. Buy them, ok?

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 481
I took a TWRP backup of my existing Nexus 7 3G (latest available official TWRP from Goo Manager on both devices) and restored it to the new one Google sent as a warranty replacement. It booted up and had all the apps, but was in a weird state where the home button didn't work and the quick settings didn't work from the upper right corner - which usually is the state that results from improperly skipping setup.

More confoundingly, all my apps were there but the app data had failed to restore properly. It remembered basics such as wi-fi settings, but all app data seemed to have been lost in translation.

Any idea why this would have happened?

I flashed both tabs to the latest CWM from ROM Manager and tried again. After hours of slow data transfer from one tab to the other, I finally restored the backup and it runs perfectly. Is there something wrong with TWRP?

I used compression and the data backup was split over 3 files due to its size.

compact2559
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 6.0.2.3 Touch .zip anyone?

Does anyone have a flashable zip of the 6.0.2.3 CWM Touch for TIlapia? Can't seem to see it in the thread

sgw99
Old
(Last edited by sgw99; 29th May 2013 at 08:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Greets, I am a rookie N7-3G user (yes, tilapia) and immediately flashed CM10.1 last week

I flashed recovery-CWM-tilapia-regular.img at first ... but the step "mv system/recovery-from-boot.p system/recovery-from-boot.bak" did not work for me as the file system/recovery-from-boot.p does not exist (checked again right now).

CM10.1 installed, works fine, I am on the nightly from 0525 now.

But when I use the CyanogenMod-Updater it does not flash the updates correctly ... it says "untrusted Package".

"E:failed to verify whole-file signature" etc.

The recovery is "CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.1". I retried this several times already to avoid corrupt downloads and make sure that it pulls the latest nightly. Does anyone have a hint for me? Do I miss something?

Thanks, Stefan

UPDATE: solved by flashing/using openrecovery-twrp-2.5.0.0-tilapia.img ... sorry for the noise, but maybe this posting helps someone else

gtizon
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Does anyone have the most updated cwm recovery in a zipfile? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
cwm, nexus 7 3g, recovery, tilapia, twrp
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe