[ROM][OTA][mako]Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/13/13)

Search This thread

joho5

Oct 20, 2011
So flashing this doesn't also update the radio and bootloader? I will need to do that separate?

Does it update to newest kernel?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

neo.25

May 23, 2010
Wi-Fi not work

Yes ..works pretty good for me ..try it out ..u can always switch back

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Hi all I flashed this ROM too. Everything is work. After flash the new bootloader and radii :48 my wi-fi won't work. Today changed the kernel to Franco r80 but no changes. What we have fix if somebody know?

mitchdickson

Jan 22, 2012
Baton Rouge
If you keep old radio and bootloader will the rom work? Or is that the situation where you lose your sensors?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Old bootloader probably won't hurt you. Be sure to flash the new radio though. People have Ben reporting problems on 4.2.2 with the old radio.

Sent from my iPad 4

Tito2007

Sep 28, 2009
Fontana
Hi all I flashed this ROM too. Everything is work. After flash the new bootloader and radii :48 my wi-fi won't work. Today changed the kernel to Franco r80 but no changes. What we have fix if somebody know?

Try re flashing the ROM and see if that works for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

v0dKa.mL

Jun 28, 2010
Cologne
AW: [ROM][OTA][mako]Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/13/13)

@bigxie can u and a 3way reboot addon that works with 4.2.2?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Pandalero

Jul 27, 2011
Phoenix
Just in case anyone else has a similar setup and has questions before doing anything, here's my situation:

I was running stock 4.2.1 with an unlocked bootloader, rooted, TWRP recovery, and Franco Kernel. Using Franco's app, I made a backup of the stock kernel before flashing Franco's kernel. I tend to always keep a backup of all stock things (ROM, kernel...) before playing around.

I restored my kernel from Franco to stock. Wiped cache and Dalvik. I DID NOT wipe data. Then I flashed Bigxie's deodexed 4.2.2 ROM and the new radio/bootloader zip that he linked to in the OP.

Booted with no problem whatsoever. Smooth as butter. Sensors work, my data is there, calls/SMS/MMS works, WiFi works, everything has been perfect so far.

Once Franco officially declares his kernel as 4.2.2 ready, I'll go back to it. In the meantime, I'll run the stock kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: linye

gianton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
Just in case anyone else has a similar setup and has questions before doing anything, here's my situation:

I was running stock 4.2.1 with an unlocked bootloader, rooted, TWRP recovery, and Franco Kernel. Using Franco's app, I made a backup of the stock kernel before flashing Franco's kernel. I tend to always keep a backup of all stock things (ROM, kernel...) before playing around.

I restored my kernel from Franco to stock. Wiped cache and Dalvik. I DID NOT wipe data. Then I flashed Bigxie's deodexed 4.2.2 ROM and the new radio/bootloader zip that he linked to in the OP.

Booted with no problem whatsoever. Smooth as butter. Sensors work, my data is there, calls/SMS/MMS works, everything has been perfect so far.

Once Franco officially declares his kernel as 4.2.2 ready, I'll go back to it. In the meantime, I'll run the stock kernel.

Franco's r80 test kernel is a 4.2.2 build and running great on a 4.2.2 ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4

monci85

Feb 7, 2010
italia
R: [ROM][OTA][mako]Android 4.2.2 JDQ39: Rooted Busybox Deodexed/Odexed (2/13/13)

You also have these parameters
zuny8agy.jpg

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing the latest radio will NOT break sensors for this ROM.

The latest Android OS 4.2.2 Jellybean for the Nexus 4!

This is a stock build of Android 4.2.2, Jellybean, which was pushed to the Nexus 4 OTA on 2/13/13. All I have done to it is rooted the system, installed busybox, set the boot.img to insecure, and packaged up the ROM into an easy to install zip file.

Features

• The latest Android OS, 4.2.2 Jellybean build JDQ39
    • Insecure boot.img (allows for elevated commands such as adb remount)
    • Rooted with the latest su binary and SuperSU app
    • Busybox 1.21.0 installed for increased functionality of root applications and terminal commands
    • Deodexed for easy themeing and modding
    • Odexed version also available for purists

Credits

• Google - for developing Jellybean, the best version of Android yet!
    • Chainfire - for quickly updating SuperSU for Jellybean!
    • Goo.im - a great host and resource for developers and the Android community in general
    • Anyone I may have missed - thanks for all your contributions!

Requirements

• Nexus 4
    • ClockworkMod or TeamWin Recovery

Screenshots

JDQ39-2.png
    JDQ39.png

Instructions

• Wipe dalvik/cache (if upgrading from stock 4.2.1) otherwise, do a full factory reset (data/cache)
    • Use your recovery to flash the ROM file
    • Do NOT flash any gapps - they are all included
    • Reboot - be patient, the initial boot may take a few minutes

Downloads - Current Version: JDQ39

Deodexed ROM - More than likely, you'll want this version, which allows for themes and mods

Primary Link (Goo.im)

Mirror (Dev-Host) - Thanks boykioy!

MD5 Checksum (check this if you think your download may be corrupt)

8fa193282de2ed0c0b0bb0df44ff1890 bigxie_mako_OTA_JDQ39-signed.zip

Odexed ROM - This is an untouched version with odex files. Flash this only if you know for sure that's what you want

Primary Link (Goo.im)

MD5 Checksum (check this if you think your download may be corrupt)

8ac7db3e15da75403e3fd366279a4245 bigxie_mako_OTA_JDQ39_odexed-signed.zip

M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48 Baseband - Flash using FASTBOOT

Primary Link (Goo.im)

MD5: 2062844e36301dc6d7761740d17a5528 radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.48.img

TWRP and CWR flashable radio files here - Thanks winner00!

If you enjoy my work, consider buying me a beer :)

Donations FabDroid
    So...... here it is : http://d-h.st/CP3

I have download only the deodexed.
    No mirrors? anyone?

Thanks in advance

I am uploading , wait half an hour.
    Paging @bigxie for the 4.3 rooted images :)
    thx! btw,I'm curious with the mako tag, should it be occam for nexus 4?

The N4 = Mako
    The N4 OS = Occam