Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][TWRP&CWM][Updated: 6-Feb-2013]Stock Kernel on Official Jellybean

Tip us?

cmajetic
Old
Thanks Meter 624
Default AW: [RECOVERY][TWRP&CWM][Updated: 6-Feb-2013]Stock Kernel on Official Jellybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemer12 View Post
wheere can i gen UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip?
in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2129121

Gesendet von meinem LT30p mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cmajetic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nemer12
Old
Thanks Meter 96
i found it on google..thx.
Ericsson T628i - > Siemens A55 - > SPV C500(AKA HTC with Windows Mobile 2003) - > Nokia 7360 L'amour Edition - > Sony Ericsson K800 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson K850 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson W960 - > Nokia E66 - > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - > Nokia 2310 (WTF) - > Iphone 3GS - > Iphone 4 - > Iphone...4 - > Sony Xperia S - > HTC ONE X -> Sony Xperia T -> Sony Xperia Z

make.believe

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
First off: I'm doing everything on an unlocked bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
This kernel image is based on stock using the FreeXperia ramdisk method of loading stock and recovery. It also includes the new FOTA partition trick by Dees_Troy for easy updates in the future to TWRP.
Only this kernel (or other modded ones) has the logics implemented to load an external recovery from the FOTAkernel partition, right? Provided this is true, flashing another kernel or another ROM might overwrite this kernel and leaves the device without an accessible recovery, given the "new" kernel has no included recovery, correct?

Quote:
If you open goomanager and in the menu select the option "Install OpenRecoveryScript" that should update the FOTAKernel partition with official TWRP.
So the TWRP build on goo, loadble via goomanager, gets loaded onto the FOTAkernel partition on our devices? This basically let's us update the recovery independently from the kernel? Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notopic1 View Post
But keep ketting a grey triangle even after factory reset.
Also keep loosing recovery.
Me too, yesterday evening. Unfortunately this didn't work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
let it be, leave if for a while and let it reboot.
I kept losing the modified kernel and thus the device booted with the SONY logo instead of the FXP boot logo and then either bootlooped or hang at the triangle screen, not doing anything obvious or visible. All I did was flash the deodexed JB build via TWRP, AFAIK that has no kernel included so it should't touch the kernel.

Quote:
But now the triangle is on for about 20 min and nothing is hapening.
Had the same problem. I reckon it's TWRP damaging partitions or so. Right before or while the device refused to go through with the boot and kept hanging at the triangle screen, TWRP would log errors related to mounting /sdcard and such. I reckon TWRP either damages the partition right away (no unmount, unclean unmount, ...) or causes something similar which appears when switching back and forth between CM and stock, permission problems on the internal storage. It seems wiping internal storage gets rid of the triangle and let's the device boot. Very inconvenient though, having to wipe /sdcard after doing a simple zip flash operation.
I replaced TWRP with your CWM by flashing the .zip provided by the OP. I'll see if I can provoke the triangle again, but later, I'm at work and don't have my flashing equipment at hand...

Quote:
Volume Down button, when logo apears.
Volume-...? Entering the recovery is Volume+ on my device while the FXP bootlogo is displayed... Same as always since I got the device running a recovery.
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1020

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Only this kernel (or other modded ones) has the logics implemented to load an external recovery from the FOTAkernel partition, right? Provided this is true, flashing another kernel or another ROM might overwrite this kernel and leaves the device without an accessible recovery, given the "new" kernel has no included recovery, correct?
No, once you flash another kernel, or rom that includes another kernel this is replaced with whatever the new kernel is using. At present this is the only JB stock kernel to use this trick, anything that has been based on freexperia work (AFAIK AKOP, Paranoid Android, and CM thus far) support the same trick. Most custom kernels include some form of recovery trick.

Quote:
So the TWRP build on goo, loadble via goomanager, gets loaded onto the FOTAkernel partition on our devices? This basically let's us update the recovery independently from the kernel? Awesome!
Yes, Dees_Troy designed the solution for this very reason.

Quote:
I kept losing the modified kernel and thus the device booted with the SONY logo instead of the FXP boot logo and then either bootlooped or hang at the triangle screen, not doing anything obvious or visible. All I did was flash the deodexed JB build via TWRP, AFAIK that has no kernel included so it should't touch the kernel.
It is pretty much guarenteed that the deodexed JB build you are flashing does include a kernel. There is quite simply no other possible way that you could lose the FXP boot logo.

Quote:
Had the same problem. I reckon it's TWRP damaging partitions or so. Right before or while the device refused to go through with the boot and kept hanging at the triangle screen, TWRP would log errors related to mounting /sdcard and such. I reckon TWRP either damages the partition right away (no unmount, unclean unmount, ...) or causes something similar which appears when switching back and forth between CM and stock, permission problems on the internal storage.
There were reports of this happening on the JB leak by doomlord himself, I don't believe it is related to twrp as the leak was running entirely stock at that time.

Quote:
Volume-...? Entering the recovery is Volume+ on my device while the FXP bootlogo is displayed... Same as always since I got the device running a recovery.
This is correct the script detects a volume-up keypress to enter recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
It is pretty much guarenteed that the deodexed JB build you are flashing does include a kernel. There is quite simply no other possible way that you could lose the FXP boot logo.
My suspicion as well. I'll try to reproduce it once I get home, can't afford to have a bootlooping device at work
Where does the logo come from btw? Is it already part of the kernel or part of the bootloader? That would imply you using a modified bootloader.
The following/later animation (colour swoosh) is part of the ROM, I know that.
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

cmajetic
Old
Thanks Meter 624
Default AW: [RECOVERY][TWRP&CWM][Updated: 6-Feb-2013]Stock Kernel on Official Jellybean

the kernel works flawlessly with stock odexed german generic ftf, have not tried another rom with it.

never had a triangle or other problems, flashed ftf > wiped internal storage (in storage settings) > factory reset > automatic reboot > put in download mode > flashed this kernel with fastboot.

no problems at all, flash the ftf first and then the modded kernel. I came from cm10 before I did all the steps mentioned.

Gesendet von meinem LT30p mit Tapatalk 2

lilstevie
Old
Thanks Meter 1020

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My suspicion as well. I'll try to reproduce it once I get home, can't afford to have a bootlooping device at work
Where does the logo come from btw? Is it already part of the kernel or part of the bootloader? That would imply you using a modified bootloader.
The logo comes from a file in the initial ramdisk

TiMiN8R
Old
Thanks Meter 1069

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [RECOVERY][TWRP&CWM][Updated: 6-Feb-2013]Stock Kernel on Official Jellybean

Quote:
I can confirm that the rooted deodexed JB does indeed contain the stock kernel. I did it for convenience for locked bootloaders and also for UB because at the time DooMLorD's kernel was the only one with recovery but didn't have Wi-Fi. I didn't know it screwed up TWRP, I'll re-upload the version without kernel and put this information in the OP

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
Phones: Orange SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon) > T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) > HTC S310 (Oxygen) > T-Mobile MDA Vario IV (HTC Raphael) > Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 [KK 4.4.2]Mackay ROM > Sony Xperia T LT30p

[ROM/MOD][WIP]CM for locked BL[LT30p]

lilstevie
Old
Thanks Meter 1020

DONATE TO ME
I will be deprecating support for this in favour of LK for Xperia T which can be found here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peetr_
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2122
There is some bug in TWRP. After some research, I found that factory reset in TWRP causes problems. I needed to do factory reset and install my rom.After booting the rom, I restored some data and restarted.
I got the triangle running for a long time. So I hard restarted to twrp and tried to mount data and cache without luck. Even in the log, there was written that data and cache could not be mounted.
I did this whole process maybe 4 times and then installed CWM. Did factory reset, booted, restarted a few times, restored some data, restarted and there was no problem anymore.
Maybe something with make_ext4_fs? And I did not try to reinstall TWRP, maybe this would also help...

Sony Xperia T owner

Tags
9.1.a.0.489, jellybean, recovery, twrp