Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash to Stock

Tip us?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13676

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
windows 7 and all all firewalls disabled and It will not automatically check for an update after the donate code has been entered. anyone?
Are you running under a VPN? Does the screen say 'Update server cannot be located' when it checks the updater availability? Can you connect to skipsoft.net if you type it in your browser bar? This is the site that is pinged before the update checker runs.

Mark.

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13676

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb View Post
Just got my note 2 yesterday tried using this method to root. Dl toolkit installed drivers , now the problem I'm having is that it lets me get as far as choosing my superuser then after I hit enter it hangs on
1 file(s) copied
1 file(s) copied
Any help would be appreciated...I am coming from a rooted og evo that I did myself which was easy. So this Samsung stuff is very new to me!
Thank you very much
Also my pc keeps telling me that Hardware ID is missing when I plug my usb in!?
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Try reinstalling the Toolkit as it shouldnt hang at that point.

Mark.

xyojimbox
Old
Thanks Meter 442
Default Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S

Hey all. Just came back to Android missed it just got phone today will this work I know sometimes when new updates come out from Samsung the root method won't work anymore so just checking to see if this still will thank you in advance

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

zemerick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Triangle away must be used while rooted right before you flash back a stock rom and recovery. Search the general section of forum, seems like I seen same issue about the activation thing, seems they flashed stock and did a update profile and fixed that issue, not sure. Hardware id issue try to reinstall drivers, a different usb cable, or a different usb port.
I rooted mine flashed JB 12.x something. Decided to go back to stock I used the tool to install stock recovery, did Triangle away, then flashed stock rom. I now am getting the Chameleon crashes and everytime I reboot I get the activation screen.

I've searched this forum and haven't found a resolution to this issue. .Yours was the closest I could find to no avail... I couldn't find anything about it on the general forum when I searched. Is there a forum post there that anyone can reference?

Thanks.

mattsm
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemerick View Post
I rooted mine flashed JB 12.x something. Decided to go back to stock I used the tool to install stock recovery, did Triangle away, then flashed stock rom. I now am getting the Chameleon crashes and everytime I reboot I get the activation screen.

I've searched this forum and haven't found a resolution to this issue. .Yours was the closest I could find to no avail... I couldn't find anything about it on the general forum when I searched. Is there a forum post there that anyone can reference?

Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2132973 in the Android Development section heading [FIX] Chameleon Fix!

might want to look at that thread.
Sprint Galaxy Note II
Kernel Perseus
Stock Deodexed Rom
Modded out with lots of tweaks
Rooted with TWRP Recovery

na_tra
Old
Thanks Meter 81
HI all:

my note 2 got update to android 4.1.2 with build # JZO54K.L900VPAMA7. In the ToolKit V3.0.0, I cannot find this version and build. Does that mean I cannot root it until there is update from the developer?

TIA

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Default Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_tra View Post
HI all:

my note 2 got update to android 4.1.2 with build # JZO54K.L900VPAMA7. In the ToolKit V3.0.0, I cannot find this version and build. Does that mean I cannot root it until there is update from the developer?

TIA
You can still root it. Just use the sprint option 42.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skinneejay
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Can someone tell me if they have ever use the unroot method on this ToolKit. Does it erase data? If not
I think I am going to give it a try to revert back to stock unrooted, apply the update via recovery. Then just reroot on the new firmware.
Can someone confirm this works?

Patch7
Old
Thanks Meter 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
Can someone tell me if they have ever use the unroot method on this ToolKit. Does it erase data? If not
I think I am going to give it a try to revert back to stock unrooted, apply the update via recovery. Then just reroot on the new firmware.
Can someone confirm this works?
It only erases the phone internal storage not an extcard data. I did the exact method you want to do and it worked great for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patch7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

na_tra
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch7 View Post
You can still root it. Just use the sprint option 42.

Thanks for your response. So it's safe to root with the above sprint option 42 and then just follow on screen instruction to complete the root? in case it fails, what is the best way to revert back to stock rom. I read so many posts and threads and now not so sure what method is the best to revert back to stock rom.

TIA