FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By SC23, Senior Member on 14th February 2013, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
... without having to install a user-agent add-on for the chrome browser? I can't stream netflix on my browser because it thinks that I'm actually on my phone and tells me I need the system requirement etc.

15th February 2013, 04:39 AM |#2  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Re: Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....
I'm using the Jedi XX Rom and have been Tethering for 3 days without any issues. No disconnections or slow downs. Even downloaded 6 GB of media files without any issues. Try that and let me know how it work for you. Good luck and it's a awesome Rom too. Peace out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to darkside79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 12:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.
16th February 2013, 05:40 AM |#4  
Washington
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC23

At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.

Sadly I don't know of any way to stop it entirely, but i know it's based on agent strings. Chrome (for PC at least..) has an extension called "CHROME UA SPOOFER", and if you set your ua strings to Android tablet or ipad, you can view the web. But it mostly loads mobiel pages, often which have a bypass themselves to 'view classic site'.

I'm sure someone smarter can shed a lot more light, but that will work for a lot of browsing.
27th March 2013, 02:14 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Just flashed the latest Jedi-X12 rom and I still get tmobile restriction page. It happened when I was downloading the Jedi-X rom and when I'm streaming Netflix. I figured that when I'm loading any webpage that require lots of downloading is when the restricting kicks in. I guess I can change user-agent on my Chrome browser and any website should work fine, but I really wanted to stream Netflix on my laptop.
27th March 2013, 07:11 PM |#6  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 828

More
Re: Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....
There are spoofs that pop up for a while and work only to stop working. Always remember that if they wish to they can detect tethering through packet sniffing.

It is their network and they have TOS.

Carbon Nightly | Kroz Hhue Theme | Crack Flasher
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread