Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

Tip us?

SC23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

... without having to install a user-agent add-on for the chrome browser? I can't stream netflix on my browser because it thinks that I'm actually on my phone and tells me I need the system requirement etc.

darkside79
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Default Re: Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

I'm using the Jedi XX Rom and have been Tethering for 3 days without any issues. No disconnections or slow downs. Even downloaded 6 GB of media files without any issues. Try that and let me know how it work for you. Good luck and it's a awesome Rom too. Peace out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
[ROM] JEDI XX 4.1.2 CUSTOM
[MODEM] SAMSUNG T889UVALK8
[KERNEL]3.0.61 SABER KERNEL 13.4+
[THEME] ALEXANDER BLUE THEME
KILLING ZOMBIES WITH MY SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2
The Following User Says Thank You to darkside79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SC23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.

hunterjay7
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC23 View Post
At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.
Sadly I don't know of any way to stop it entirely, but i know it's based on agent strings. Chrome (for PC at least..) has an extension called "CHROME UA SPOOFER", and if you set your ua strings to Android tablet or ipad, you can view the web. But it mostly loads mobiel pages, often which have a bypass themselves to 'view classic site'.

I'm sure someone smarter can shed a lot more light, but that will work for a lot of browsing.
If I helped you out give me thanks otherwise you're racist bro!

SC23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Just flashed the latest Jedi-X12 rom and I still get tmobile restriction page. It happened when I was downloading the Jedi-X rom and when I'm streaming Netflix. I figured that when I'm loading any webpage that require lots of downloading is when the restricting kicks in. I guess I can change user-agent on my Chrome browser and any website should work fine, but I really wanted to stream Netflix on my laptop.

RonnieRuff
Old
Thanks Meter 823
Default Re: Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

There are spoofs that pop up for a while and work only to stop working. Always remember that if they wish to they can detect tethering through packet sniffing.

It is their network and they have TOS.

Carbon Nightly | Kroz Hhue Theme | Crack Flasher
Ronnie Ruff
Rooted Note2 on TMobile
Carbon AOSP || Sent by an Idiot with a Phablet