FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

3,127 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,578
 
By AndreiLux, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 02:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2013, 10:57 PM |#621  
netsyd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Anyone have any suggestions for the best color settings on the "screen" tab?

I know everyone is different .. but I'm just looking for a recommended starting point if someone has calibrated the screen already.
 
 
12th February 2013, 11:39 PM |#622  
9wire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsyd

Anyone have any suggestions for the best color settings on the "screen" tab?

I know everyone is different .. but I'm just looking for a recommended starting point if someone has calibrated the screen already.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can turn stuff up, so gave it a couple clicks. If your into modding your phone, turning stuff up is always good, amirite? Seriously, I just played with it, turned a couple things up, then back down, then realized I was in over my head and better leave it alone. Don't think it will break anything, just mess with it.
13th February 2013, 12:48 AM |#623  
netsyd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire

Don't think it will break anything, just mess with it.

You're right... but I have managed to make it look like cr@p quite a few times. Just wondering if anyone found any settings they thought looked really good.

I've got a Nexus 4 - and after molesarecoming tweaked the color settings it looks fantastic. The Note 2 looks horrible next to it.
14th February 2013, 03:17 AM |#624  
9wire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsyd

You're right... but I have managed to make it look like cr@p quite a few times. Just wondering if anyone found any settings they thought looked really good.

I've got a Nexus 4 - and after molesarecoming tweaked the color settings it looks fantastic. The Note 2 looks horrible next to it.



The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9wire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 10:33 PM |#625  
Arrio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire



How do you enable the "Screen" option in stweak?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 10:52 PM |#626  
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio

How do you enable the "Screen" option in stweak?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

um... scroll to it... that is if you updated to the latest Perseus kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to R1K05@N For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 03:37 AM |#627  
Arrio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
I wonder if it's possible to tweak it so that the color will be similar to that of an Iphone 5.
Last edited by Arrio; 15th February 2013 at 03:47 AM.
15th February 2013, 04:39 AM |#628  
9wire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio

I wonder if it's possible to tweak it so that the color will be similar to that of an Iphone 5.

Never had an I phone, I just messed with it, change 1 thing, look at some high res pics, change, look, until I thought it looked good. I like bright myself, I usually keep the brightness at 90%. It's like audio mods, very hard to get 2 people to agree, just play with it. At worst you can just go with the default, it's not bad out of the box.
17th February 2013, 12:00 AM |#629  
Senior Member
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
So, I'm running CleanROM ACE 4.5 and thinking of flashing a new kernel.. What is involved in it? I read the base post, and all... Would this increase my battery life? I get about 1D 4h before I need to charge.
17th February 2013, 01:44 AM |#630  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackFearheart

So, I'm running CleanROM ACE 4.5 and thinking of flashing a new kernel.. What is involved in it? I read the base post, and all... Would this increase my battery life? I get about 1D 4h before I need to charge.

Running 4.5 as well. It was simple and painless. Download the zip from op, flashed with twrp. Done.

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
17th February 2013, 03:58 AM |#631  
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio

I wonder if it's possible to tweak it so that the color will be similar to that of an Iphone 5.

Article on iPhone 5 v Note II color differences: http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-575...pple-iphone-5/

If you take a look at these comparisons, through the screen mode, you may be able to get your screen closer to the iPhone 5 BUT one thing that will probably not change is the contrast and brightness (white & black levels).

Checking on the RGB color level comparisons on their CalMan readings, the Note II has much higher greens (edit) and less reds... Blues (edit) may stay the same-ish. The contrast ratio for any Samsung device will always be redonkulous due to the way the screen works... adjusting the greyscale may help (bring it down... labled DE Amp and maybe the max threshold might help with certain things you see on your device... I don't claim to know exactly where to go on your device, just kind of pointing you towards the math that was put out on the color differences between the devices you are curious about so you can make a better guess on where to adjust your screen towards).

Remember: Screen Mode 'Movie' does not move anything on the screen adjustments. Standard or Natural will give you a 'closer to iphone contrast ratio'... otherwise, your Dynamic mode will blow it out of the water. From there, adjust.
Last edited by R1K05@N; 17th February 2013 at 04:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to R1K05@N For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes