[ROM][Factory Image][4.2.2] Nakasig -::- Odex, Deodex, Rooted -::- teshxx (02/14/13)

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
ONLY FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE NEXUS 7 (GSM/HSPA+)

This is a 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Stock Rom made from Factory Image (Nakasig) released by Google on 02/14/13.

Both Deodexed and Odexed versions are available. Both of them are rooted with unsecured boot with init.d support and includes busybox.

Wipe cache/dalvik. Flash via CWM or TWRP. Your data will be preserved.

Deodexed: Link 1

Odexed: Link 1

Please don't forget to hit Thanks and give proper credit when/if you decide to use this as a base.

Cheers!

Last edited:

dannyyin

Feb 14, 2013

This is a 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Stock Rom made from Factory Image (Nakasig) released by Google on 02/14/13.

Both Deodexed and Odexed versions are available. Both of them are rooted with unsecured boot with init.d support and includes busybox.

Deodexed: Link 1 ...uploading

Odexed: Link 1 ...uploading

Please don't forget to hit Thanks and give proper credit when/if you decide to use this as a base.

Cheers!

This is awesome. But how to I know if I should be using Deodexed or Odexed? Please advise.

Icefeldt

Oct 22, 2005
can't flash the deodexed rom, get this error:

cimg2694p8j70.jpg

Last edited:

sc00ter98

Jun 7, 2010
AW: [ROM][Factory Image][4.2.2] Nakasig -::- Odex, Deodex, Rooted -::- teshxx (02/14/

Same here.

Downloaded deodexed rom and I getting an error in CWM.
E: path (status 0)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

cmatthews

Jan 5, 2010
I'm getting a Failed message using TWRP recovery with Deodex version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xtoudi

Jan 4, 2008
Tried both, deodex and odex. The same: aborted, status 0.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Icefeldt

Oct 22, 2005
okay, so we are all on the same page.
something is wrong with roms.

googling told this for status 0 error

If you encounter a "status 0" error, then you need an update-binary in emmc-type (see attachment)
- this binary has to be in zip-format and be copied to "META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary"

(that's just what I found in a german message board. don't understand it myself.
maybe its helping someone)

Attachments

• update-binary.zip
    141 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: PVL_93_RU

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Deodexed re-uploaded. Please let me know if it flashes without any errors. Thanks

Last edited:

psloan

Dec 11, 2010
teshxx,

I downloaded the 'new' deodexed, guess you already know since the link is gone again. But I got a status 0 error when I tried to flash it.

--pat

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
Just downloaded and installed it dirty over Paulobrian's mostly stock 4.2.1(yeah, I know, I'll do a full wipe when he updates his to 4.2.2), so far it seems we got dat buttah back. No issues with the flash and the rom is running rock solid from what I can see in about 15 minutes of testing.
The app drawer has some stuttering going in and out, a few times I've completely lost the zoom out transition. Can't really call it anything since it's a dirty flash, just mentioning it for my system. Anyone else with a full drawer notice anything like that?

Reactions: teshxx

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Just downloaded and installed it dirty over Paulobrian's mostly stock 4.2.1(yeah, I know, I'll do a full wipe when he updates his to 4.2.2), so far it seems we got dat buttah back. No issues with the flash and the rom is running rock solid from what I can see in about 15 minutes of testing.

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Deodexed: Link 1

Odexed: Link 1

Cheers!
    I ran into many issues trying to get the OTA update to work properly with upgrading the bootloader and radio.

Long story short, I had to do it manually and only after the full system images were released.

If you are running into the problem where the bootloader isn't updated or your radio baseband is showing one thing in bootloader and another in the system status, here is a quick fix:

1) Download the full system image from Google. Untar and unzip.
    2) Fastboot flash the bootloader (4.18). Fastboot reboot bootloader. Verify that the version is correct and updated.
    3) Fastboot flash the STOCK 4.2.2 RECOVERY. Do not attempt to use CWM or TWRP, otherwise you will have issues.
    4) Fastboot flash the 1231_0.17... radio.
    5) Reboot into (stock) recovery mode.
    6) At this point, the stock recovery should begin to process the radio update and do the actual installation of it. You will see the progress bar moving. When it's done, the tab will automatically reboot into normal mode.
    7) Verify that your radio (in system settings) is updated to the latest version.
    8) Reflash custom recovery if you want.

After many wasted hours dealing with this issue when the update first came out (OTA), it seems to be related to the bach_update.modem function not being present in custom recoveries. Unlike the system, boot, etc. image files, the radio update is not an actual "image", at least like the others. While it is an ext4 filesystem system, the way it works is more similar to a recovery flashable zip file. It has a set of instructions for recovery to install the radio update. Custom recoveries break at this point, and so far I've only been able to get the stock one to work properly. For some reason, failing on the radio can also break the bootloader update as well, not to mention the build.prop update which is after the radio and might result in an incorrect Android version being identified.
    -:: Radio and Bootloader ::-

Radio: Link 1 "fastboot flash radio radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1205.img"

Bootloader: Link 1 "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-tilapia-4.18.img"

Please flash this via fastboot (without the quotes).
    This is awesome. But how to I know if I should be using Deodexed or Odexed? Please advise.

google is your friend.....

http://droidxblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-a-complete-guide/

teshxx,

Any better mirror for the deodexed? 4 hours to download for me right now.
    -:: Radio and Bootloader ::-

Radio: Link 1 "fastboot flash radio radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1205.img"

Bootloader: Link 1 "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-tilapia-4.18.img"

Please flash this via fastboot (without the quotes).

Want to go back to stock so going to give this a whirl but is it necessary to flash these 2 on their own as well??

TIA