Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 40,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Damn it - Nexus 10 has light bleed!!!!

Tip us?

mark.m.moran
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wusupdu View Post
Hi,

Another customer with dissapointing experience with the Play store (UK).

First nexus: both samsung seals open & power button semi-broken (can only operate by pressing hard with the nail).

Second nexus: both samsung seals open & major backlight leakage

Asked the UK call centre if they could send one that was new (i.e., had unbroken seals) and was told that they could not guarantee this. Instead, I was told I could ask for another replacement (hoping it was sealed) or ask for a refund.

As others have pointed out in this thread - it seems like they are sending out returned tablets as new...

The approach taken by google here seems rather unfortunate. I really like the Android platform and much prefer it to iOS. However, I also need a highres tablet and at the moment it looks like the iPad retina will give most bang for the back (inifity t700 is too expensive). I really really would rather be on Android but the Q/A for the nexus 10 seems atracious.

Cheers,
I like you received not one but two Nexus 10's with both seals broken!! Both from the US Play store and I explicitly said to them when sending out the second one that I wanted a brand new and unused tablet......

I'm going to MWC in Barcelona on February 25th and I am really really hoping that Samsung will show off the next Galaxy Tab (Tab 3) and it will blow the Nexus 10 out of the water! Then I'll just go and buy it!!

Cheers,
M

sovereignty68
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by boominski View Post
I've just had my fourth replacement (5th N10 in all), and Google have said 'no more' - if I don't like the new one then it's a refund. Unfortunately the new one has worse light bleed than the previous one. On the plus side, the evenness of the display seems to be better, which for me is the most important thing. Going to use it for around a week before making a final decision. Damn shame they fck'd it up with dogs dinner manufacturing.
so they accept returns after 15-days period? I have had 5 replacements and by 3rd replacement, its already over 15 days from original purchase date. The 5th one is not as bad as previous ones but light bleeds are still noticeable at 0%. Because of this, I didn't bother to play with it for 2 weeks especially during my busy work schedule. I wish I hadn't bought this piece of crap.
Nexus 4, 5th replacement, settled.
Nexus 10, 5th replacement.

Johnny7D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought mine in Google Play market, but it came with both broken seals, does it mean that I got somebody's return?
BTW It does have light bleed effect.

mark.m.moran
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny7D View Post
I bought mine in Google Play market, but it came with both broken seals, does it mean that I got somebody's return?
There is a very very good chance you did mate!! I mean we are paying for a BRAND NEW AND UNUSED Nexus 10 and why can't Google send us out what we paid for!??

It's infuriating!!

killerapl
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Default Re: Damn it - Nexus 10 has light bleed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny7D View Post
Welcome to the world of google play customer service!! Not only do they send you used items but they also hesitate to email you back, forget about what exactly you need, put holds on your credit card and if you're very lucky you have to ask for a refund and at times they will slap you with buyers remorse!! You're life will now be changed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mark.m.moran
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerapl View Post
Welcome to the world of google play customer service!! Not only do they send you used items but they also hesitate to email you back, forget about what exactly you need, put holds on your credit card and if you're very lucky you have to ask for a refund and at times they will slap you with buyers remorse!! You're life will now be changed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Just an update guys and the FUN I had with Google Play customer care. Yesterday I FINALLY got my full refund, as in every red cent back off them! The unfortunate thing is the was not as strong against the $ as when I bought it and I ended up getting less back than what it originally cost me Anyhow......the upshot is I had to hound and hound them to get the full refund (no restocking and shipping) back and it was a horrible horrible experience all said!!

Never again for sure,
M

jkel777
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Well, after nearly a month of waiting, my two-time repaired Nexus 10 is being shipped back to me. Hopefully Samsung got it right this time and gave me an LCD with minimal light bleed and ACTUALLY put it in the right way, but I'm not holding my breath. Although, in the email I just got from them, it did say they replaced the screen as well as "cosmetic," which I think means the back casing.
Current device: HTC One GPe - Android Revolution HD 3.2 GE

wynand32
Old
Thanks Meter 419
For everyone worried about whether broken seals means they've not received a new unit, note that I've seen N10 boxes with one seal broken and one intact. I'm pretty convinced that the seals break pretty easily during handling, and so broken seals by itself doesn't mean that Google is sending out used machines.

Jayrod1980
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Default Re: Damn it - Nexus 10 has light bleed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkel777 View Post
Well, after nearly a month of waiting, my two-time repaired Nexus 10 is being shipped back to me. Hopefully Samsung got it right this time and gave me an LCD with minimal light bleed and ACTUALLY put it in the right way, but I'm not holding my breath. Although, in the email I just got from them, it did say they replaced the screen as well as "cosmetic," which I think means the back casing.
I got the same email except that this is the third time back! I was on a long can with an executive account manager. This time it went through to the repair manager. My ticket said the same as yours but they needed to replace the bezel that they dented, the screen again, and the case they scratched. The second time the tablet went back they put a bad screen in and put the dent in the case. I have no faith in them. I'll know when it comes back but I'm just about done with this tablet and Samsung's repair outfit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayrod1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattzildjian
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've noticed people having problems getting the bank holds off of their account. I have gone through 4 replacements and had the holds taken off within a week.

The last 2 replacement holds were taken off before I even sent back the previous devices! Very strange.

I am in the process of a full refund now, will let you know how it turns out.