FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Barometer?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aol8mydog, Member on 4th February 2013, 07:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just found out about a barometer in some Android devices, but it doesn't look like HTC phones have a barometer. Anyone have any confirmation? Maybe the hardware is there but there are no drivers?

A barometer would typically be used to help with GPS, but is now being used to help short-term local weather forecasting with PressureNET. I'm in western WA, and anyone around here knows the local weather is difficult to predict. It would be cool to help contribute.

4th February 2013, 10:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
Re: Barometer?
I am pretty sure it doesn't. What devices do have it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app
5th February 2013, 09:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Really?
+1 for what devices have a built in barometer? That seems like a really niche feature for a smartphone.
5th February 2013, 09:57 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,290

Donate to Me
More
The Motorola Xoom has one. Originally it was thought it could be used with Google Maps and it would know what floor of a building you were on or so I was told.
5th February 2013, 11:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
They are usually listed as a " pressure sensor" and they are supposed to help with GPS. If I remember correctly the s3 has one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
7th February 2013, 08:28 PM |#6  
OP Member
Redmond
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yeah, the Xoom and various Samsung devices have one. I was hoping that some HTC phones would possibly have the hardware but not the drivers (yet). Oh well, wishful thinking.
15th February 2013, 05:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Galaxy nexus has one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
19th February 2013, 03:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Having a problem getting a direct embedded picture. And the stupid browser is so old.... sorry.
Anyways, the screenshot is of temple run. Notice the "Pressure" entry -- misreported, or is it a barometer reading? Weirdness.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread