FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Multiboot Linux on Infinity tf700 v0.8.3 (project closed)

184 posts
Thanks Meter: 430

By rabits, Senior Member on 26th November 2012, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th February 2013, 10:54 PM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Re: Native Ubuntu Linux on Infinity tf700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabits

Kernel contains Clemsyn OC patch, but in list you have Clemsyn "configurations" (performance sh scripts for android). Kernel - is my customized with _that patches. I can't use prepared _that kernel, because it's not support linux - only android, as I see in kernel config.

So even though it is written Clemsyn kernel it is _that modded by you? You should change the name in the installer because it is confusing

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankens

Would you guys say this project is ready to use/try at this stage?

I have Cromi but no nvflash blobs. My main concern is stability and brickability of something like this.

Thanks.

The today release is only a new installer. A new Ubuntu build will be release this weekend. However I have used the available one in the OP and it is totaly perdect for daily use. Once you've configured it weel, I feel no difference with my pc. The only problem for now is that unity is slow, but other desktop environment work perfectly and as fast as they should. I personnaly do not like Unity, so it is not a bg deal for me

15th February 2013, 03:39 AM |#292  
Flag pR
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfpessoa

I'm no expert too but maibe i can helpyou.
When you intall it it creates a file on your internal sorage with 10GB or what storage you used i think if you move it to your SD it will probably work since it checks a lot of partitions for that file.

To remove the ubuntu just delete that file and install a new kernel i think..hope it helps

Well tried moving it but doesn't work. Also if I upgrade to newer version do i lose all my set up.

ps. does it work with cromi 3.3
15th February 2013, 04:58 AM |#293  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoon

Haha what? Where's that from? The new album is phenomenal!

I agree - been a fan since Amber...
15th February 2013, 05:11 AM |#294  
Flag Rockies
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Any progress on the hidden SSID wifi issue? How can I help debug?

Any chance we can get a CM10.1 kernel for dualboot?
15th February 2013, 08:10 AM |#295  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblib__

Any progress on the hidden SSID wifi issue? How can I help debug?

Any chance we can get a CM10.1 kernel for dualboot?

Yes "+1" for CM 10.1 support.
15th February 2013, 10:20 AM |#296  
OP Senior Member
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And without dock i cannot have wifi.
What kind of debug do you want me to do?

So:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabits

please, give me detailed information (like dmesg, screenshots, lsmod and other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlack77

Yes "+1" for CM 10.1 support.

Hmmm... I can't test this, but I will prepare this kernel image, ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabits For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:20 PM |#297  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 667

Donate to Me
More
The second time i boot ubuntu after install it, i get a screen where i just get some kind of a shell, where i can login but i don't see any GUI i'm sure i pressed 1 at start.
WOW this is very strange sometimes it happens other times it doesn't happen.

LSMOD (SHELL without UI)
zram
bcmdhd
cfg80211

I think this just happens if i reboot or shutdown ubuntu and try to go to ubuntu again. If i go to android and after that to ubuntu all is ok.
Any idea why? and how to solve it?
Can this have something to do with ubuntu files be on android /data/ubuntu/*? Do you recomend to untick this option on the installation?
Any other recomendations?

I reinstalled the ubuntu and still got this. Even with dock. Without dock i can't even login because i don't have virtual keyboard in this shell.
Last edited by rtfpessoa; 15th February 2013 at 04:53 PM.
15th February 2013, 05:02 PM |#298  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

The second time i boot ubuntu after install it, i get a screen where i just get some kind of a shell, where i can login but i don't see any GUI i'm sure i pressed 1 at start.
WOW this is very strange sometimes it happens other times it doesn't happen.

LSMOD (SHELL without UI)
zram
bcmdhd
cfg80211

I think this just happens if i reboot or shutdown ubuntu and try to go to ubuntu again. If i go to android and after that to ubuntu all is ok.
Any idea why? and how to solve it?
Can this have something to do with ubuntu files be on android /data/ubuntu/*? Do you recomend to untick this option on the installation?
Any other recomendations?

I reinstalled the ubuntu and still got this. Even with dock. Without dock i can't even login because i don't have virtual keyboard in this shell.

Did you install another deskyoo environment? It did it to me when I installed gnome-shell. It didn't with other DE though.
15th February 2013, 05:07 PM |#299  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 667

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singoutout

Did you install another deskyoo environment? It did it to me when I installed gnome-shell. It didn't with other DE though.

Completly clean install did not changed anything.
Last edited by rtfpessoa; 15th February 2013 at 05:12 PM.
15th February 2013, 05:14 PM |#300  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, I have an odd question. Will normal minecraft java version work on this Ubuntu? It should, but I didn't try it out yet.
15th February 2013, 07:52 PM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Java issue on tf700 ubuntu, plus also flashplugin issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGOracer69

Hi, I have an odd question. Will normal minecraft java version work on this Ubuntu? It should, but I didn't try it out yet.

Hi Legoracer69, I have tried this, see my post and oblib's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaStrange

I am able to run Minecraft and get through the login screen, but after Done Loading, we get the dreaded black screen (see thread 2087717 on ubuntuforums [dot] org for more info -- this forum won't let me post outside links yet):

Updating the lwjgl libraries and OpenJDK6 and 7 don't help, so I found something somewhere that hinted that Oracle JRE 7 (or 6 or 8) is needed. On Oracle's Page (again can't put the link--grrr!--but it's the jre7 download page, with 1880261 in the url), I am not sure what to pick for the Linux install--x86 or x64? I thought the tf700 was neither, so not sure where to go from here. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblib__

You have an ARM processor, which is neither x86 nor 64. Desktop binaries will not work unless they've been compiled for ARM.

Rabits also replied in another post and said he will look into solving it. I think I found another issue like this, BTW--I can't seem to install flash plugins as they are also not compiled for ARM. Can anyone direct me otherwise? Thanks!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, native

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)