4g not connecting anymore!

Tip us?

XxsydenxX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcerJo View Post
I'm experiencing the similar issues, though I flashed over a ASOP Rom that has parts from cm10.1 though the Rom was ported from Verizon, but 4g worked perfectly fine, then when I flashed back to cm10 it stopped working. I'm debating on flashing back to that rom and see if it also does not have access to 4g at this time.
Do that and post the results here, i will do the same. Sprint was less then helpful with this situation not giving me heads or tails over the phone.
[Phone] Samsung Galaxy Note II L900
[OS] Stock 4.4 Rooted

IcerJo
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxsydenxX View Post
Do that and post the results here, i will do the same. Sprint was less then helpful with this situation not giving me heads or tails over the phone.
Right before you posted your reply I had updated my post.

Update: I flashed back to my stock rom with root then flashed an updated MA6 Rom, updated the PRL, Profile and such, still no 4G. Decided that I'd mess with a few 4g settings, still problems. Then I flashed back to CM10 and my 4G works again.

I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1910947
odex MA6, MA6 firmware and Stock MA6 kernel
and I accessed the LTE Mode Menu from the following
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1815580
I don't think the LTE Mode menu needs to be utlized but I did see some interesting settings in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to IcerJo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxsydenxX
Old
(Last edited by XxsydenxX; 15th February 2013 at 04:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

Update: I flashed back to my stock rom with root then flashed an updated MA6 Rom, updated the PRL, Profile and such, still no 4G. Decided that I'd mess with a few 4g settings, still problems. Then I flashed back to CM10 and my 4G works again.

I don't think the LTE Mode menu needs to be utlized but I did see some interesting settings in there.
Thats a bit of work, so this could possibly be some janky setting on my phone still huh?

EDIT: I dont have my stock rom backed up. Dont know what happened to it. Could you explain what exactly I need to do to achieve the results you have posted man?
[OS] Stock 4.4 Rooted

IcerJo
Old
(Last edited by IcerJo; 15th February 2013 at 05:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: 4g not connecting anymore!

Sorry for the late reply. It could possibly be a setting on your phone. I say make a backup of your rom, flash a stock based rom, kernel & firmware, if it's not ma6 find an update or one based on it. Update the prl and profile. See if you can get 4g working on tw, if not then either restore back to cm10 or try messing with the lte settings, their are some that allow you to enable or disable and such. I also do recall a setting for ehpd 4g or lte 4G. After messing with them try restoring back to cm10. If you take a picture of the lte menu I can look and tell you what settings I clicked.

Edit: Just looked at the link try the lte force cause I know I pushed that button as well as a few others.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Phone: SPH-L720 16GB (Black Sprint SGS4)
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery
ROM: CarbonROM KK Nightly 08-03-2014
Kernel: ChronicKernel KK 4.4 AOSP JFLTE v3.4
GAPPS: PA GAPPS 4.4.4 07-29-2014
Baseband: MF9
MicroSD: Samsung 32GB

XxsydenxX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. It could possibly be a setting on your phone. I say make a backup of your rom, flash a stock based rom, kernel & firmware, if it's not ma6 find an update or one based on it. Update the prl and profile. See if you can get 4g working on tw, if not then either restore back to cm10 or try messing with the lte settings, their are some that allow you to enable or disable and such. I also do recall a setting for ehpd 4g or lte 4G. After messing with them try restoring back to cm10. If you take a picture of the lte menu I can look and tell you what settings I clicked.

Edit: Just looked at the link try the lte force cause I know I pushed that button as well as a few others.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Could you suggest a good stock based rom perhaps, sorry for the inconvenience. Because like as soon as i got my S3 i rooted and installed cm10. I didnt have stock for more then 5 minutes.
[OS] Stock 4.4 Rooted

IcerJo
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Could you suggest a good stock based rom perhaps, sorry for the inconvenience. Because like as soon as i got my S3 i rooted and installed cm10. I didnt have stock for more then 5 minutes.
I'm looking through the forums and so far the only stock with root only is what I linked above but those are mianly updates. One Possibility if its not a problem I'd sugged Unrooting with odin and flashing a stock rom, reroot then flash the update linked above, then just make a Backup Called Stock with root MA6 or something. I'll keep looking though.

edfunkycold
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,477

Quote:
Try The Peoples Rom it is stock based TW rom. It is fantastic and everything works.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

XxsydenxX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I'm looking through the forums and so far the only stock with root only is what I linked above but those are mianly updates. One Possibility if its not a problem I'd sugged Unrooting with odin and flashing a stock rom, reroot then flash the update linked above, then just make a Backup Called Stock with root MA6 or something. I'll keep looking though.
Unrooted, stocked it up. 4g didnt work. Re rooted..installed cm10 stable 4g worked. Seems like a consistent fix for this bug. Solved.
[OS] Stock 4.4 Rooted

IcerJo
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Unrooted, stocked it up. 4g didnt work. Re rooted..installed cm10 stable 4g worked. Seems like a consistent fix for this bug. Solved.
Good to hear that it's working for you as well ^_^

Sent from my SPH-L710
Phone: SPH-L720 16GB (Black Sprint SGS4)
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery
ROM: CarbonROM KK Nightly 08-03-2014
Kernel: ChronicKernel KK 4.4 AOSP JFLTE v3.4
GAPPS: PA GAPPS 4.4.4 07-29-2014
Baseband: MF9
MicroSD: Samsung 32GB

p-niiice
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

I just had this issue after flashing that Rootbox ROM which was ported from Verizon. I performed the above steps and everything's working fine.

THANKS!