Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 4+

OP beerbong

14th February 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #991  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Hi, I've been tracking this rom for quite some time, and i really want to switch to it, the only thing that is holding me back is the lack of the Samsung Camera App, so i was wondering if there is a way to install the samsung camera app to this rom.

The reason is a must for me the Samsung Camera App is because of the panoramic pictures, I suffer a slight parkinsons and the autoshoot and frame feature of the panoramic pictures of the samsung camera are extremely helpful for me, so if it's possible to install the samsung camera can anyone explain me how to accomplish it and I'll switch in a heartbeat, it really doesn't matter if its an older version of it since the old versions already have the panoramic picture feature.
14th February 2013, 09:53 PM   |  #992  
Flag Boituva - SP
Thanks Meter: 590

1,580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 3 (Feb 10) | RELEASE CANDIDATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecba20

Because i'm scared if I do something wrong. And maybe, somebody tried

Just create a backup on your recovery and everything should be alright.

Also, I recommend an app called orange backup. It can schedule automatic backups without having to turn your phone off. Its awesome

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
15th February 2013, 12:11 AM   |  #993  
Thanks Meter: 429

1,956 posts
Great rom but Kind of lagging at times. Want to test some kernels to see if that would help. Any suggestions ?

Also notice that there is a log between pressing the power button and screen turning off.
Any one notice this ?
15th February 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #994  
Thanks Meter: 78

266 posts
Ive been using the cm10.1 kernel. No lag here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthropostar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:57 AM   |  #995  
Thanks Meter: 2,354

2,627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskel

Hi, I've been tracking this rom for quite some time, and i really want to switch to it, the only thing that is holding me back is the lack of the Samsung Camera App, so i was wondering if there is a way to install the samsung camera app to this rom.

The reason is a must for me the Samsung Camera App is because of the panoramic pictures, I suffer a slight parkinsons and the autoshoot and frame feature of the panoramic pictures of the samsung camera are extremely helpful for me, so if it's possible to install the samsung camera can anyone explain me how to accomplish it and I'll switch in a heartbeat, it really doesn't matter if its an older version of it since the old versions already have the panoramic picture feature.

Nope. Samsung camera requires TW framework. So you won't be getting it. Check in Jellybam thread.

@BB, I tried every other GPS possibilities and everything seems to be working with or without network support. Funny thing is after gpsfix and gps status my lock is even faster

--- With Love from BATMAN ---
Last edited by Galaxtus; 15th February 2013 at 05:00 AM.
15th February 2013, 05:08 AM   |  #996  
Flag Burpengary
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
More
USB Storage Mode
Awesome ROM - definitely the smoothest I've used in a long time. These sorts of ROMs constantly breathe new life back into these devices.

I've tried the "USB Switcher" program to enable USB Storage Mode - and it works perfectly... except that the external SD card doesn't appear. Is this a limitation?

Cheers, well done, and thanks!
15th February 2013, 06:26 AM   |  #997  
Thanks Meter: 31

93 posts
This may have been brought up before but with PA3 (2/10) DSP manager doesn't seem to be working. Equalizer, bass boost, room simulator, anything. I've only tested with headphones, and hear no noticeable difference when toggled on.
15th February 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #998  
Flag Arad
Thanks Meter: 50

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgomot

Ever since last night, after I've been using this rom without problems for the last weeks, my phone refuses to turn on. Seldomly, when it does it shuts itself off in under a minute of use, but most of the times it doesn't even fully boot... it shuts down by itself somewhere during the boot animation. I tried reflashing, dirty, clean, wiping all caches, formatting system, preload, all I could think of but I can't get my phone to turn on.

Help?

Quote:

Heh, you're right, that's the ONE thing I forgot to try.

edit: It didn't work. Admittedly I tried restoring a nandroid and then fixing permission and the phone did fully but, but as soon as I unplugged the USB charging cable it turned off. Off to try a clean flash and the fix permissions.
later edit: Clean flash didn't do anything. The phone stops shuts down during boot.

I have to mention the battery is charged to about 75%.

I'm gonna have to bring this up again, any ideas?
15th February 2013, 08:27 AM   |  #999  
Thanks Meter: 2,354

2,627 posts
More
Quote:

Check post #3. Beerbong updated the known bugs list with some audio policy issues.

--- With Love from BATMAN ---
15th February 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #1000  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Palma
Thanks Meter: 7,655

1,623 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxtus

Check post #3. Beerbong updated the known bugs list with some audio policy issues.

Not related. The issue i posted just makes the phone don't boot and zgomot seems to have poblems with sudden reboots which i have never experienced.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beerbong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread