Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.1.2]Stock Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 [Canada edition][International]

Tip us?

dbgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod175 View Post
I keep getting fc in the messaging app. I installed ES file explorer to set the notification sound. So far it works.
Can you elaborate further on the purpose of installing ES File Explorer?

arod175
Old
(Last edited by arod175; 14th February 2013 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgeek View Post
Can you elaborate further on the purpose of installing ES File Explorer?
I was trying to change the notification sound in the messaging app and when I selected sound I would get the fc on media. I remembered that in a previous version if I installed astro file manager I would get a fc as well but without astro there would be no fc when changing the notification sound.

Also because the file manager onboard doesn't work.
Current: Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted)
Old Devices: T-Mobile HTC Sensation
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
AT&T LG Optimus G
Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to arod175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arod175
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I did notice the MMS aren't coming in. I checked the apnb and they're fine. I also have the aosp MMS app installed but nothing.
Current: Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted)
Old Devices: T-Mobile HTC Sensation
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
AT&T LG Optimus G
Nexus

Kingofpower
Old
Thanks Meter 9
guys help, i just recently started having wifi problem, it keeps saying obtaining ip address.... and then after a while says avoided poor internet connection(while my connection signal says excellent) and ive rebooted it and flashed another rom and still does it. any ideas?
I did change fast domancy last night but wifi has been working great up until this afternoon

geokilla
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpower View Post
guys help, i just recently started having wifi problem, it keeps saying obtaining ip address.... and then after a while says avoided poor internet connection(while my connection signal says excellent) and ive rebooted it and flashed another rom and still does it. any ideas?
I did change fast domancy last night but wifi has been working great up until this afternoon
Check your router? Such a problem only occurred to me at school with the SGS2. Sometimes it'll automatically fix itself and connect, sometimes it won't.
LG Optimus G E971
ROM: Ported Korean Kit Kat by Paulicat

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

Google Nexus 7
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Default Re: [ROM][4.1.2]Stock Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 [Canada edition][International]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpower View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a "avoid poor connections" option in the WiFi settings. Make sure its not checked off

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5759

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.1.2]Stock Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 [Canada edition][International]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a "avoid poor connections" option in the WiFi settings. Make sure its not checked off

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
I ditch that setting also. I don't know if I receive MMS on WiFi on my Note 2 or this device on WiFi. Maybe they come through when the WiFi is dormant. I wonder if there's a good middle ground. Also, if your battery life took a nosedive I recommend toggling off Google Now when you aren't using it. Just think, it polls your Contacts, Maps, navigation etc and several others. It really spreads out and you may notice increased Android OS if that is the rogue app. BetterBatteryStats will tell the true story. Its free if you search XDA and like 2 or 3 bucks on Google play Market

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I personally cant comment on the latest version but Im on v03 and wifi works perfectly for me.
Same. Check network settings. Data may be off by default... Could be. Sometimes CM10.1 boots like that on my other device

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jiexi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
I ditch that setting also. I don't know if I receive MMS on WiFi on my Note 2 or this device on WiFi. Maybe they come through when the WiFi is dormant. I wonder if there's a good middle ground. Also, if your battery life took a nosedive I recommend toggling off Google Now when you aren't using it. Just think, it polls your Contacts, Maps, navigation etc and several others. It really spreads out and you may notice increased Android OS if that is the rogue app. BetterBatteryStats will tell the true story. Its free if you search XDA and like 2 or 3 bucks on Google play Market
Make sure to also disable latitude auto updating your location. Enabling Google Now turns that on too.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiexi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xsaqzw
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I installed v.3 on my AT&T LGOG, but I am having data issues. As in I have absolutely no data, lol! I am able to make and receive calls/texts, however.

Help?

snacsnoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsaqzw View Post
I installed v.3 on my AT&T LGOG, but I am having data issues. As in I have absolutely no data, lol! I am able to make and receive calls/texts, however.

Help?
Edit your APN.