FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

ALL IN ONE THREAD[Updated 12/3/13]Read me first!

11,178 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,229
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th February 2013, 07:07 PM |#371  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sony does not own the Task Manager ?
 
 
14th February 2013, 08:50 PM |#372  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question Do you lose data when you root the TL?
Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you
14th February 2013, 09:19 PM |#373  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleon32

Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you

For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
15th February 2013, 05:29 AM |#374  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty

For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

For the TL you can't flash kernels because the bootloader can't be unlocked.

No you do not lose data rooting the TL.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion
15th February 2013, 05:12 PM |#375  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
after i rooted how i can go back to the official rom (rogers) thanks. Because in the instruction I have to flash file in zip form from CWM not a .tft form
15th February 2013, 10:35 PM |#376  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Any method to root TX?
15th February 2013, 11:26 PM |#377  
gregbradley's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,229
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonlin

Any method to root TX?

Yes, please read the first 3 posts
16th February 2013, 02:40 AM |#378  
Junior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
:'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

If it says no then you cannot unlock the bootloader. There us no way around that...

It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks
16th February 2013, 02:48 AM |#379  
cartmenicus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0UND.w4v

It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks

Evebtually there will be a mwthod hopefully soon if you want return and wait for z a **** ton of development will be availablebfor that

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium
16th February 2013, 04:21 AM |#380  
Junior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Z?
Is that a new Sony?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Will it be in the USA? I'm AT&T btw
16th February 2013, 08:14 PM |#381  
Senior Member
Flag Abbottabad
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
hi T users

i tried to flash cm10 stable via cwm and after installing that i couldnt boot my phone i then flashed ftf via flashtool and unbricked my phone but my question is that were u guys able to flash cm10 *(the first custom rom link in OP). If not then kindly tell me a nice and stable and rooted 4.1 based rom

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom roms, how too, noob's guide, stock ftf's, tools
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes