Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ALL IN ONE THREAD[Updated 12/3/13]Read me first!

Tip us?

Amir3014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sony does not own the Task Manager ?

chrisleon32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Do you lose data when you root the TL?

Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Default Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleon32 View Post
Okay so i looked and nobody asked or told if you lose data rooting the TL. If they did then it all got lost in this entirely fattened thread. So I am going to assume that apparently you don't?

IF you do lose data, which data do you lose?

What can you backup?

And how can you back it up?

thank you
For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: README![Updated 16/1/13][Q&A][ALL IN ONE Xperia T/TX/TL/V Collection] All Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
For root, you only need to flash an unsecure kernel an possibly a superuser app. No need to wipe anything but dalvik. For installing custom ROMs, it is preferred to wipe. You'll loose everything, as if you had performed a factory reset. Your apps + data, text messages, call list, etc can be back upped by e.g. Titanium Backup or My backup. A backup of your original ROM can be made with Flashtool, see the All-in-One-thread.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
For the TL you can't flash kernels because the bootloader can't be unlocked.

No you do not lose data rooting the TL.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

zaky1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
after i rooted how i can go back to the official rom (rogers) thanks. Because in the instruction I have to flash file in zip form from CWM not a .tft form

joonlin
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Any method to root TX?

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3748
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonlin View Post
Any method to root TX?
Yes, please read the first 3 posts

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

S0UND.w4v
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
If it says no then you cannot unlock the bootloader. There us no way around that...
It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks

cartmenicus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1969

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0UND.w4v View Post
It blows my mind to think that it is impossible.. How could a work around or something not exist or have not been found by now.. Why has Sony done this to us..:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Is there any hope? Or is it something that simply isnt possible ever for whatever reason. Normally if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But idk much about all this phone and crap so idk. Should I return the phone before my 2 week trial period with it is over or hang onto it and wait till a work around comes out? Thanks
Evebtually there will be a mwthod hopefully soon if you want return and wait for z a **** ton of development will be availablebfor that

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium
Device: Nexus 7,nexus 5
Rom: N7: AOSPA, faux kernel. Nexus 5:AOSPA, ElementalX

S0UND.w4v
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Z?

Is that a new Sony?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Will it be in the USA? I'm AT&T btw

Tags
custom roms, how too, noob's guide, stock ftf's, tools