[KERNEL][SPR][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][07/11/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

OP ktoonsez

15th February 2013, 03:36 AM   |  #3031  
Thanks Meter: 1,253

2,177 posts
Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/9/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96

No dice. Also trying to grab a logcat during the boot loop is impossible. It doesn't get to the point for adb to be recognized and pull one. It gets to the initial Samsung logo, than to the Samsung Galay S III logo, then it boot loops before the Samsung animation happens.

I am in recovery right now, and I have not went back to the stock kernel yet. Is there anything you can think of that might be useful to pull via adb?

I can't think of anything else right now... but I also suspect that my script didn't work the way it should - I'm sure I remember a situation where the "wait for device" part would never detect my phone even after it was fully booted, but only on one OS - I thought the Linux version was the one that didn't work as expected, but I might have that backwards...

As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #3032  
Flag Near Metro Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 353

972 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styles420

I haven't been able to test this just yet, but try the following:

adb wait-for-device; adb pull /proc/last_kmesg

(Enter both commands on one line with a semi-colon separating them as shown)

The first command should wait until adb detects your phone, forcing the second command to wait to run until that point - the result should be that the pull command runs at the earliest possible moment, placing a copy of the last_kmesg file in your current directory on your computer...

I tried this, and the phone will never boot to the point to recognize adb.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles420

As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

adb devices never shows up a device, so it won't even get to adb at all.

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.
Last edited by slickdaddy96; 15th February 2013 at 04:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slickdaddy96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:11 AM   |  #3033  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 40,244

14,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.

Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over
15th February 2013, 04:21 AM   |  #3034  
Flag Tempe

14,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here is another one, lol

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?1k05ckgah7ppfnm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #3035  

972 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over

LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone!

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to slickdaddy96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:25 AM   |  #3036  
Flag Tempe

14,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone!

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?

Nothing really, it was just some updated drivers really, I believe freeza listed them.

Try the one above too
The Following User Says Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:35 AM   |  #3037  

972 posts
More
Quote:

Nothing really, it was just some updated drivers really, I believe freeza listed them.

Try the one above too

Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. What did you change on it, I'm curious?
15th February 2013, 04:39 AM   |  #3038  
Flag Tempe

14,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. What did you change on it, I'm curious?

Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it
Last edited by ktoonsez; 15th February 2013 at 04:41 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktoonsez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 06:34 AM   |  #3039  
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,076

2,901 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it

You both rock! Nice work guys, do wjat you have to to get it golden ktoonsez, we ALWAYS love the underwear you add in. Lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #3040  
Recognized Contributor
Flag tallahassee,fl
Thanks Meter: 4,325

3,367 posts
More
Quote:

U know you have all of team Kernelizers to test and help you buddy

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to galaxys3man30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, awesomeness, faster then a greased cat on fire on ice skates, goin down a hill!, jolly bean
Previous Thread Next Thread