Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][SPR][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][07/11/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Tip us?

styles420
Old
Thanks Meter 1252
Default Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/9/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96 View Post
No dice. Also trying to grab a logcat during the boot loop is impossible. It doesn't get to the point for adb to be recognized and pull one. It gets to the initial Samsung logo, than to the Samsung Galay S III logo, then it boot loops before the Samsung animation happens.

I am in recovery right now, and I have not went back to the stock kernel yet. Is there anything you can think of that might be useful to pull via adb?
I can't think of anything else right now... but I also suspect that my script didn't work the way it should - I'm sure I remember a situation where the "wait for device" part would never detect my phone even after it was fully booted, but only on one OS - I thought the Linux version was the one that didn't work as expected, but I might have that backwards...

As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
"What is this?! When does this happen in the movie?!"

"Now, sir. You're looking at now - everything that's happening now, is happening now."

slickdaddy96
Old
(Last edited by slickdaddy96; 15th February 2013 at 03:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by styles420 View Post
I haven't been able to test this just yet, but try the following:

adb wait-for-device; adb pull /proc/last_kmesg

(Enter both commands on one line with a semi-colon separating them as shown)

The first command should wait until adb detects your phone, forcing the second command to wait to run until that point - the result should be that the pull command runs at the earliest possible moment, placing a copy of the last_kmesg file in your current directory on your computer...
I tried this, and the phone will never boot to the point to recognize adb.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles420 View Post
As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
adb devices never shows up a device, so it won't even get to adb at all.

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to slickdaddy96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktoonsez
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.
Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945

ktoonsez
Old
Thanks Meter 37721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Here is another one, lol

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?1k05ckgah7ppfnm

slickdaddy96
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over
LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone!

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to slickdaddy96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktoonsez
Old
Thanks Meter 37721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone!

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?
Nothing really, it was just some updated drivers really, I believe freeza listed them.

Try the one above too

slickdaddy96
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Nothing really, it was just some updated drivers really, I believe freeza listed them.

Try the one above too
Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. What did you change on it, I'm curious?

ktoonsez
Old
(Last edited by ktoonsez; 15th February 2013 at 03:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. What did you change on it, I'm curious?
Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3076
Default Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/9/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker

Quote:

Quote:
Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it
You both rock! Nice work guys, do wjat you have to to get it golden ktoonsez, we ALWAYS love the underwear you add in. Lol.

Team Kernelizers N900A
The Following User Says Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxys3man30
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4323

Quote:
U know you have all of team Kernelizers to test and help you buddy

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to galaxys3man30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokp, awesomeness, faster then a greased cat on fire on ice skates, goin down a hill!, jolly bean