Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13

OP MicroMod777

15th February 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #21  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

I wish I was S-OFF but I'm still S-On which for this stuff can be a setback. Like I've been saying its HTCs Dev Unlock that is screwing us/me. Damn you Verizon and HTC.

We should still be able to flash the radios but we need someone to make us a update.zip. correct me if I'm wrong but they should be signed by HTC and if prepared correctly should be flashable.

Edit:
I'm not sure that our hboot looks for an update.zip.

Sent from my Droid DNA running ZoneDNA ROM..

Has anybody just tried to flash it via fast boot?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
15th February 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #22  
SAMPCam's Avatar
Member
Flag Ft. Leonard Wood, MO/Peoria, IL
Thanks Meter: 27
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

I wish I was S-OFF but I'm still S-On which for this stuff can be a setback. Like I've been saying its HTCs Dev Unlock that is screwing us/me. Damn you Verizon and HTC.

We should still be able to flash the radios but we need someone to make us a update.zip. correct me if I'm wrong but they should be signed by HTC and if prepared correctly should be flashable.

Edit:
I'm not sure that our hboot looks for an update.zip.

Sent from my Droid DNA running ZoneDNA ROM..

Nope, does not appear so. Just tried it. Doesn't seem to recognize an update/firmware/PL83IMG.zip. Most likely because we don't have an sdcard, and hboot searches for those files on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

Has anybody just tried to flash it via fast boot?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app


It could be worth a try. I am not sure if S-ON locks everything down. I remember when I had my Evo 3D/LTE you were able to flash certain files even with S-ON (if I remember correctly, that is - don't quote me on that).
Last edited by SAMPCam; 15th February 2013 at 05:16 AM.
15th February 2013, 05:28 AM   |  #23  
Sjflowerhorn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
Thanks Meter: 39
 
964 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Re: DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13
I'm almost sure the developers are already incorperating this update into there roms for updates. And if not looking for a way to root the new OTA. At least I'm hoping so lol, either way I'm not losing root for such few upgrades & bugfixes and I'm damn sure not bothering someone going through the trouble of chef'ing up roms for me for free haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
15th February 2013, 06:33 AM   |  #24  
usopen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 216
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjflowerhorn

I'm almost sure the developers are already incorperating this update into there roms for updates. And if not looking for a way to root the new OTA. At least I'm hoping so lol, either way I'm not losing root for such few upgrades & bugfixes and I'm damn sure not bothering someone going through the trouble of chef'ing up roms for me for free haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

+1 Amen to that!!!
15th February 2013, 06:38 AM   |  #25  
Flyhalf205's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 6,232
 
4,125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Well that wasn't fun installing everything manually. But at least in the end I have root
15th February 2013, 06:41 AM   |  #26  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 608
 
1,973 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Spill the beans.
15th February 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #27  
Flyhalf205's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 6,232
 
4,125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

Spill the beans.

I used my original unlock_code.bin. But this phone is picky. To unlock I had to boot into bootloader while the phone is off in order for it to unlock. You must boot into HBOOT when the phone is off. I wouldn't just go jumping in and trying it unless you wouldn't mind locked until a way is discovered.
Last edited by Flyhalf205; 15th February 2013 at 06:56 AM.
15th February 2013, 08:01 AM   |  #28  
docnok63's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 657
 
1,112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
I've looked this over for a while now and I'm sorry to report it's out of my league.
15th February 2013, 08:07 AM   |  #29  
cmay227's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Re: DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13
Revert to stock, update,reunlock,flash recovery,root. Same as before. Everything works the same.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to cmay227 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #30  
MicroMod777's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2,016
 
4,186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay227

Revert to stock, update,reunlock,flash recovery,root. Same as before. Everything works the same.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Same here. OTA is safe to do as long as you already did the unlock previously!!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes