Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?

OP GMattZ

15th February 2013, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 24

68 posts
More
Okay first of all, hello to everyone here!

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

All comments are welcomed & appreciated. Thanks!
15th February 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 5,190

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMattZ

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

Search again.. SKorpin sells them, but you don't necasarily need to one to unroot or restore your device..Kindle Fire First Aide offers a restore tool.. and so does the user onemelia. Take you time and read through threads..
15th February 2013, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 196

841 posts
Re: [Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMattZ

You could just wait for the next OTA (over the air) update.
17th May 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 227

349 posts
NOta update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn

You could just wait for the next OTA (over the air) update.

17th May 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 203

321 posts
The user above is right. Wait for the OTA update, which should be no more than 3 months from now. Amazon pushes updates rather regularly compared to Google or mobile carriers. That's the easiest way to do it. Just turn on WIFI every so often (weekend-by-weekend basis) and use the device, the download happens in the background.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread