Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?

Tip us?

GMattZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Question [Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?

Okay first of all, hello to everyone here!

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

All comments are welcomed & appreciated. Thanks!

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3,982

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMattZ View Post

This may have been already posted and asked but I just want to make sure. Recently I got myself a Kindle Fire HD 7, and I rooted it (because of the annoying geographical restrictions not possible of downloading free apps from the app store).

I would like to know exactly, on how to unroot the device and flash everything into factory default firmware? Reading through posts I see that I need a special "factory" cable in order to do this. Can someone please provide me a guide on how to do this, and where can I buy the factory cable from a genuine distributer?

Search again.. SKorpin sells them, but you don't necasarily need to one to unroot or restore your device..Kindle Fire First Aide offers a restore tool.. and so does the user onemelia. Take you time and read through threads..

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Default Re: [Q] KFHD "7 Recovery to Factory & Factory Cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMattZ View Post

You could just wait for the next OTA (over the air) update.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

Opensystem
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Default NOta update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
You could just wait for the next OTA (over the air) update.

seokhun
Old
Thanks Meter 197
The user above is right. Wait for the OTA update, which should be no more than 3 months from now. Amazon pushes updates rather regularly compared to Google or mobile carriers. That's the easiest way to do it. Just turn on WIFI every so often (weekend-by-weekend basis) and use the device, the download happens in the background.
Installing Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 2nd-Bootloader + TWRP Complete Tutorial

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7"

Recovery: TWRP
ROM: CM11
Kernel: Modified 1.5GHz

Samsung Galaxy S3

Recovery: CWM Touch
ROM: CM11
Kernel: LeanKernel