5,600,182 Members 39,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung exynos chip, Exploit, Patch, Exynose abuse Chainfire, Root/Unroot, Mob Odin.!

Tip us?

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Samsung exynos chip, Exploit, Patch, Exynose abuse Chainfire, Root/Unroot, Mob Odin.!

hi
i have been reading a lot about exynos chip problems etc and came to realize exynos abuse app which many recommend from chainfire is the easiest way to root and unroot phone. not only that it gapes the holes for nasty viruses to intrude the exynos chip. but one thing i am not sure what chain fire says in his discription about exynos app is---

Also note that if use the patch method without rooting, or keep patching the exploit at boot enabled when unrooting, you need an alternate method to re-root the device to disable this feature (like CF-Auto-Root) - you cannot use ExynosAbuse to do this since it patched the exploit. Unlike other patch authors, I do not believe in keeping an invisible rooted process running in the background while pretending you aren't rooted, to be able to unpatch this way

Also i saw pics of exynos app photos on 1 of the forums, in one of the photos it says under Unroot device option- keep the patch which disables the exploit at boot in place. note that this will prevent from using exynos abuse app again..

I do understand there is some sort of exploit which we are patching using this app apart from rooting the phone just to stop those nasty viruses. and if we unroot the phone the patch will stay in place at every boot on the exploit so if we have to root again we have to use other method like cf auto root etc..

can anyone kindly shed some light on what exploit is and what is the limitation and advantage of exynos abuse app.

thanks..

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Further explanation, clarification.. and a small question and open discussion.

Hi,
Since no one replied to my question i did more reading and youtube videos etc and gained a bit of knowledge from dr.ketan too and thought to share my knowledge and PLS DO CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. And feel free to add more comments.

There is sudden death syndrome in s3, note 2. All exynos samsung processors on 4.1.1 are affected. The phone suddenly dies without any reason. Not only that there is serious security hole where any app can gain user information. These both fixes are supposedly fixed in 4.1.2.

But chainfire came out with a great apk app which you can install as a normal app on phone which roots, unroots phone in one click and not only that it plugs the hole which was letting malicious apps in. But exynoseabuse doesnt take care of SDS (sudden death syndrome) and it only works on 4.1.1 and doesnt work on firmwares LL7 after jan 2013

There is option of pluging the hole without rooting the phone but if you patch exploit (plug the hole) without rooting you cannot use this particular app to root your phone - you have to use other methods of rooting like cf auto root etc
On the other hand, If you decide to root your phone you can disable exploit (plug the hole) just by one click or you have the option of disabling the exploit every time you reboot the phone. so the app will patch the hole before any other normal android app runs.

Then if you decide to ever unroot the phone or send it away for warranty just click unroot device..

This is here where i am bit confused IF we unroot the phone the patch remains there.? is there a way to remove the patch as well while unrooting so that there are no traces of patching or rooting etc and can use this app patch again.?

Also if we dont flash cwm, we can flash custom firmwares using mobile odin right and if we are sending it for warranty just flash a stock firmware in odin and it will be all good.? NO triangle or flash counter reset etc..?

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Nz View Post
This is here where i am bit confused IF we unroot the phone the patch remains there.? is there a way to remove the patch as well while unrooting so that there are no traces of patching or rooting etc and can use this app patch again.?
Also if we dont flash cwm, we can flash custom firmwares using mobile odin right and if we are sending it for warranty just flash a stock firmware in odin and it will be all good.? NO triangle or flash counter reset etc..?
There is option to disable exploit in application, selecting that you closing security hole. is that clear?
Now if you unroot your device with selecting that option, still patch will remain there
If you don't select(uncheck) that option and then you unroot, patch won't be there

if you flash any stock ROM, that will erase all the patches you applied manually with exynose app including root.
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Samsung exynos chip, Exploit, Patch, Exynose abuse Chainfire, Root/Unroot, Mob Od

O God Dr. Ketan you are full of knowledge and a kind man and you help all the time. Highly appreciated again.
Yes I do understand the concept fully now.
So if we uncheck both disable exploit options and unroot it removes patch as well unroots right. So that means we can root again using same app.?

On the other hand if we don't uncheck those disable exploit and unroot the patch stays there and we can't use exynosabuse app again to root. .. right. ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21094

DONATE TO ME
exactly
b'coz you needs root to patch/unpatch

BTW i advised you to post queries in Q/A section not on development.
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Samsung exynos chip, Exploit, Patch, Exynose abuse Chainfire, Root/Unroot, Mob Od

It basically started as my partially acquired knowledge sharing and open discussion thread but it turned to question and answer thread due to small confusion I had. I will change it to q and a thread tomorrow.

So with this root option we can still Flash any custom roms easily using mobile or pc odin but we won't have feature rich root to use things like nandroid backuo and restore because we don't have cwm. And if we have to send for warranty just flash stock rom and its all official and we don't even have to run triangle away etc as flashing stock ROM will take care of everything. ?

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Morning doc. i wanted to delete this thread as you pointed out it is in development section. just realized it cant be deleted as we need to contact mod to delete it secondly i checked and it is in ques and ans section anyway so its all good. i have used exynos abuse app and rooted, unrooted twice and i will share a bit about it today some time. will jot down things in a newbie clear way so that in future if some one needs help they can read post and be clear about it.
Thanks for being actively involved and helpful all the time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
exactly
b'coz you needs root to patch/unpatch

BTW i advised you to post queries in Q/A section not on development.

adytum
Old
Thanks Meter 274

Seems you figured it out, but note that the Sds and enyxos security hole is two different things. Also, both of these are patched in any actively maintained kernel or rom on xda by now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jay_Nz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

Yes thanks to dr.ketan and others I understand the concept now. Have lefy this thread for further open discussion now. One thing I am still not clear about is cos I dont have cwm as I rooted with exynosabuse app so dows that mean I cant flash custom roms like omega rom etc using mobile odin. ?

adytum
Old
Thanks Meter 274

You can use mobile Odin without cwm, no worries.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
clarification, flashing custom firmwares, further explanation, mobile odin