Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 41,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note II - India

Tip us?

dr.ketan
Old
(Last edited by dr.ketan; 15th February 2013 at 06:02 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 27290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampunX View Post
I'm not able to format the memory card Tried both from my computer and the phone. Tried everything, nothing helped. I'm able to read all the files that already were written in it. Not able to write anything new Does this mean my card has gotten corrupted?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
what exact error occurs when you try fomatting on PC?
some card adopter having small pin (lock) to write protect check it, but this won't in case of mobile and you should able to format on Mobile device.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumeshd
Old
Thanks Meter 490
Default Re: Galaxy Note II - India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuberchib View Post
I am facing a very strange issue lately that my 3G doesn't work properly at my workplace. The signal bar appears full and 3G icon is also there for all the time but there is no internet access.

The internet works on its own at some random intervals i.e. I'll suddenly get the mails,whatsapp etc. I tried calling the customer care but CC in India is like banging your head against the wall. I have not touched the APN settings ever and have been using the same settings since past 3 years for using internet on my mobile.

I am on stock rooted ROM so that's not an issue too. 3G works perfectly fine at my home (I suppose coz m on wifi for most of the time). It's quite frustrating for me when I try to access the net on mobile as it doesn't work.

Please give some advice as what shall I do coz m not able to find any solution for this problem since 2 months

I live in Delhi and use IDEA cellular. (they borrow 3G services from Vodafone in Delhi) and my office is in Gurgaon.

Please suggest something (and sorry for such a long post but my problem is quite frustrating)
Buddy even I am facing the same issue with idea in delhi..
Was in gujarat last week..even have idea guj sim there no probs there
It seems there's prob with idea delhi lately..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Pressing "THANKS" is EASY than saying it!!

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 27290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuberchib View Post
I am facing a very strange issue lately that my 3G doesn't work properly at my workplace. The signal bar appears full and 3G icon is also there for all the time but there is no internet access.

The internet works on its own at some random intervals i.e. I'll suddenly get the mails,whatsapp etc. I tried calling the customer care but CC in India is like banging your head against the wall. I have not touched the APN settings ever and have been using the same settings since past 3 years for using internet on my mobile.

I am on stock rooted ROM so that's not an issue too. 3G works perfectly fine at my home (I suppose coz m on wifi for most of the time). It's quite frustrating for me when I try to access the net on mobile as it doesn't work.

Please give some advice as what shall I do coz m not able to find any solution for this problem since 2 months

I live in Delhi and use IDEA cellular. (they borrow 3G services from Vodafone in Delhi) and my office is in Gurgaon.

Please suggest something (and sorry for such a long post but my problem is quite frustrating)
if this happens to particularly single place then chances are there issue is from server side (particular cell tower)
thogh do this
setting - wireless - mobile network - access point name - open APN you are seeing under this menu and delete
then press menu key and select reset to default

iampunX
Old
Thanks Meter 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
what exact error occurs when you try fomatting on PC?
some card adopter having small pin (lock) to write protect check it, but this won't in case of mobile and you should able to format on Mobile device.
No I've had that sliding switch unlocked and still this was the error that I got, that Windows was unable to complete the format. Tried both quick and normal format. Later reinserted the card to my phone, tried again and it gave the format complete dialog but it would continue to show only 1.6 GB of free space. The remaining space is populated with other files that I've been using and they are still working well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 27290

DONATE TO ME
it seems corrupted.

kuberchib
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshd View Post
Buddy even I am facing the same issue with idea in delhi..
Was in gujarat last week..even have idea guj sim there no probs there
It seems there's prob with idea delhi lately..

I guess MNP is the only solution left for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
if this happens to particularly single place then chances are there issue is from server side (particular cell tower)
thogh do this
setting - wireless - mobile network - access point name - open APN you are seeing under this menu and delete
then press menu key and select reset to default
I have done that..I even did the factory reset but to no use..

shethsa
Old
Thanks Meter 25

Facing intermittent problems with smart rotation. After using some apps, those apps by default open in landscape mode despite rotating the phone to portrait. Eg quickpik, mx player etc. Don't know if this caused by the smart rotation feature.

jujuburi
Old
(Last edited by jujuburi; 15th February 2013 at 10:11 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Facing intermittent problems with smart rotation. After using some apps, those apps by default open in landscape mode despite rotating the phone to portrait. Eg quickpik, mx player etc. Don't know if this caused by the smart rotation feature.

Well tbh that Smart Rotation thing did give me annoying problems, so I turned it off, much peaceful. Not very smart.

PS: Guys I want to switch to a custom kernel? Which one should I use, Perseus or else, with Stock ROM? Main goal is to achieve good battery life.
Thanks in advance.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

fulcrum1971
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Try Perseus. Using it since it came out.

Sent from my GT-N7100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fulcrum1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jujuburi
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum1971 View Post
Try Perseus. Using it since it came out.

Sent from my GT-N7100
Does it have any drawbacks? Like a feature is incompatible or not working? And what would you say about battery backup on it?

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100