Adverts on xda in the tapatalk app?

Search This thread

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
The bad thing is Theme devs cannot sell their apps here but XDA can sell ads for tax software.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!
there is a paid apps section.. :rolleyes:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=926988

And to run the servers for this many active users.. you do need money..
Lol hypocritical xda smh
Xda- U can't make money off your work but we can

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

But, I know its unfair to put ads on a paid app.. I mean apps are made paid & bought to avoid ads..

But if it goes like hate posts.. that won't help anyone..

And mods/admins not commented yet.. so you shouldn't get to conclusions..

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Guys...I don't think it is xda themselves.. my xda premium app doesn't have these ads...Just the tapatalk app and it's on every forum I go to using tapatalk...same ads...even on private forums

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
May not be then directly buy there definitely making money
agusapyg.jpg

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

bornagainpenguin

Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, not happy about this either. Note the new signature...

I'd love it if any one else whose irritated by this double dipping would change their signature in a similar fashion, then head over to the Play Store and leave a review about it. Don't forget to rate the helpfulness of other reviews mentioning the problem...

Tapatalk steals from their customers by forcing them to view ads in a paid app!

Last edited:

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Just received this email in response to one I sent earlier about wanting my money back

HAHA...I bet you thought there was gonna be something awesome here, but it's just a regular old signature

GalaxyMOD spilled Anthrax laced ink on my MulitiWindows

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360907302172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360907302172.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 346

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
Just received this email in response to one I sent earlier about wanting my money back

HAHA...I bet you thought there was gonna be something awesome here, but it's just a regular old signature

What a half assed explanation

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

Reactions: o0BlacknesS0o

bornagainpenguin

Oct 22, 2010
Just shot them an email myself. We'll see if this is a form letter response or not....

Everyone should try sending them an email and seeing what they say back..

Tapatalk steals from their customers by forcing them to view ads in a paid app!

Reactions: o0BlacknesS0o

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
This would be the perfect opportunity for a dev to unleash a new forum app...even if it only offered basic functionality in first release...I know many would look to jump ship for something new

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

mtdew

Dec 29, 2012
Taptalk has no control over this you paid for taptalk to have all of your forums in a single location.

Unfortunately for you the individual forums admins choose to have these ads show to gain revenue for their individual site. The only way I could see your argument making sense is if the adds showed up on the xda paid app. At that point both parties were paid as the individualized app costs a large sum of money for the site to pay TT to make and the site makes back that money on the revenue from the app being purchased.

This is all simple economics and nothing to get your panties in a twist about Lol.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
Taptalk has no control over this you paid for taptalk to have all of your forums in a single location.
I don't agree. Tapatalk app have control because it identify these ads (the blue triangle ones). So, If these ads can be identified, can be deactivated too.

Another history is if they want to do it or not... And this is a real unfair move against their customers (the users who paid for it's app, not only the forum admins).

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
This is unacceptable. If they want to show ads they should provide a free, ad supported version. Both XDA and Tapatalk are at fault here - Tapatalk for enabling the ability to show ads and XDA for choosing to show ads.

Make sure you go to the Play Store and leave a bad rating. Here's a link to make it easy for you https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity

They have recieved an awful lot of one star ratings I've the last 24 hours :)

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
- Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

shoman94

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
Even the xda apk free version doesn't have this ad in the list.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

kaiur

Dec 14, 2012
Getxo

Unfortunately for you the individual forums admins choose to have these ads show to gain revenue for their individual site. The only way I could see your argument making sense is if the adds showed up on the xda paid app. At that point both parties were paid as the individualized app costs a large sum of money for the site to pay TT to make and the site makes back that money on the revenue from the app being purchased.

This is all simple economics and nothing to get your panties in a twist about Lol.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I don't agree. Tapatalk app have control because it identify these ads (the blue triangle ones). So, If these ads can be identified, can be deactivated too.

Another history is if they want to do it or not... And this is a real unfair move against their customers (the users who paid for it's app, not only the forum admins).

http://support.tapatalk.com/threads/native-advertisement-with-postrelease.16117/

js1999

Retired Administrator - Benevolent Overlord
Nov 15, 2009
For those waiting for an official reply: We have nothing to do with the ads in the paid TapaTalk app. We don't make money on them, and we don't want them there. I am going to do my best to yell at them. XDA being available in the Tapatalk app is actually something that *costs* us quite a bit of money as the TT plugin is extremely server intensive. So, we have the server costs and none of the revenue.

The xda app has a free and premium version. Premium has no ads and will never have ads.

js1999

Retired Administrator - Benevolent Overlord
Nov 15, 2009
When I get to the office in a couple hours, I'll figure out a way to get free versions of XDA Premium (ad free) to anyone having this issue with the TT app. Maybe I'll post the apk here for a couple hours or offer refunds for people purchasing over the next 5 hours. Or somthing like that. Stay tuned.

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
When I get to the office in a couple hours, I'll figure out a way to get free versions of XDA Premium (ad free) to anyone having this issue with the TT app. Maybe I'll post the apk here for a couple hours or offer refunds for people purchasing over the next 5 hours. Or somthing like that. Stay tuned.

I don't appear to have them on the premium xda app, it does seem to be limited to tapatalk. Thing is i prefer tapatalk because i have paid for the full package (colours, unlimited pics etc) i also bounce between a number of forums hence tapatalk is just easier

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
- Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

evillozer

Aug 25, 2009

I just purchased xda premium based on your reply. I do not want a refund. The fact that you would put that out there was enough to make me purchase.

Last edited:

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
For those waiting for an official reply: We have nothing to do with the ads in the paid TapaTalk app. We don't make money on them, and we don't want them there. I am going to do my best to yell at them. XDA being available in the Tapatalk app is actually something that *costs* us quite a bit of money as the TT plugin is extremely server intensive. So, we have the server costs and none of the revenue.

The xda app has a free and premium version. Premium has no ads and will never have ads.
So tapatalk creators are lying then?

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so this was all a big misunderstanding. We spoke to TapaTalk. They had an auto opt-in for forum owners to display these ads. We never wanted it on, and we've never gotten paid for it. If we do, we'll donate it to an appropriate charity. I'll take full blame for not noticing and not opting out. There's no reason to blame TapaTalk for this.

We don't like ads in paid apps any more than you guys.

The TapaTalk ads have now, apparently, been turned off. I use the XDA Prem app (of course), so someone please let me know if you keep seeing the ads after a couple hours.

For anyone who buys the XDA Premium app between now and 1PM Eastern, I'll go through later this afternoon and refund your money. Depending on how many buyers there are, it might take me a bit. If you haven't gotten your refund by tomorrow, PM me.

OK, so this was all a big misunderstanding. We spoke to TapaTalk. They had an auto opt-in for forum owners to display these ads. We never wanted it on, and we've never gotten paid for it. If we do, we'll donate it to an appropriate charity. I'll take full blame for not noticing and not opting out. There's no reason to blame TapaTalk for this.

We don't like ads in paid apps any more than you guys.

The TapaTalk ads have now, apparently, been turned off. I use the XDA Prem app (of course), so someone please let me know if you keep seeing the ads after a couple hours.

For anyone who buys the XDA Premium app between now and 1PM Eastern, I'll go through later this afternoon and refund your money. Depending on how many buyers there are, it might take me a bit. If you haven't gotten your refund by tomorrow, PM me.

Again, we apologize for this issue. The ads should be off now, or it'll switch off shortly.
    About an hour ago i logged into xda via tapatalk and was faced with this
    arebaqud.jpg
    upon opening the post i came across an advert, at the bottom of the advert was a"what's this " button upon clicking it i found myself faced with this
    yheramut.jpg
    Now is this something that admin are aware of and have allowed or is it something that tapatalk had done off their own backs?

Is the chemical aftertaste the reason why people eat hot dogs, or is it some kind of bonus?
    Neil Gaiman