Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KFHD System.img Restore Tool- Updated links 5/15/14

Tip us?

Hinzman420
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Alright so I flashed just the system.img with the srt 1.2.3 and had no problems what so ever your tool works great. I have to reinstall my launcher lol. But no biggy just glad I can help. The only thing I can think of that I might be doing different than other people is when I unzip the tool I unzip it to the /sdk/platform-tools folder. For the people who said that the tool can't find the sys img. I don't think they are unzipping the zip file but running it from the zip file. Just a thought.

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to Hinzman420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinzman420 View Post
Alright so I flashed just the system.img with the srt 1.2.3 and had no problems what so ever your tool works great. I have to reinstall my launcher lol. But no biggy just glad I can help. The only thing I can think of that I might be doing different than other people is when I unzip the tool I unzip it to the /sdk/platform-tools folder. For the people who said that the tool can't find the sys img. I don't think they are unzipping the zip file but running it from the zip file. Just a thought.

Thank you thats probably it, just glad its working fine

lo4b
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded v1.2.3, I hav my kindle hd in fast boot but when I try restoring, it says

target reported max download size of 1006632960 bytes
error: cannot load 'images/system.img': No error.

...and nothing else hapens. Plz how do I solve this? I might need details cos Ipm a noob wit androids.

lo4b
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinzman420 View Post

Please can u write what u did step by step, I keep gettin an error message dat says cannot load 'images/system.img'.
Please help.

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo4b View Post
Please can u write what u did step by step, I keep gettin an error message dat says cannot load 'images/system.img'.
Please help.
Are you running windows7, 8, or mac? I don't have my files right now but I'm downloading the tool now to check over the file names and folders. Make sure that none of the folder names are changed after you download and be sure to unzip. There should be a folder named images and two .img files inside that folder- system and system2.

Shawnsch
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default fastboot drivers

my kindle shows up as Tate-PVT-08 in device manager and windows cant find a driver any help?

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnsch View Post
my kindle shows up as Tate-PVT-08 in device manager and windows cant find a driver any help?
Try re-installing the drivers for adb.
The Following User Says Thank You to onemeila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shawnsch
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Re: KFHD System.img Restore Tool

Can I use this to go from 7.2.1 to 7.2.3?

angileri
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Bricked KFHD

Hi All-

Looks like I bricked my KFHD trying to get android on it.

Anyone one live in San Jose, CA with a factory cable that would be willing to meet with me to try and get my KFHD unbricked.

I would be willing to buy you a cup of coffee and float $20 bucks your way for your time.

Reply back if you are in the Bay Area and have some time.

Thanks all,
Ben

esema1o
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default Re: KFHD System.img Restore Tool

Just make one with any usb is simple fast free here link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwwI...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2