Update: I think the link to the app thread by developer would be this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2155737
There is a new app in play store called Greenify. This app is only for rooted users. This app is similar to the freeze option we find in Titanium Backup Pro, but does the job in a much better way - it puts the app to hibernation.
Key features include:
1. You can add the apps to list which you want to hibernate
2. After the app is added to list, Greenify does the rest of the job.
3. No need to manually hibernate and de-hinbernate (like we manually freeze and unfreeze in TB Pro)
To use Greenify follow the steps below:
1. Open Greenify and give SU permission
2. Add the app to list in the built in recent app list or if you want to add app manually then choose more and open the desired app from list and tap on Greenify in notification bar.
3. In the main screen of Greenify you will see the apps that are currently running under "pending" category.
4. Now turn off the screen and wait for 2-5 minutes. Open Greenify again and you would see that, all the apps added to list are movee to "hibernated" category. All these apps are as good as frozen/uninstalled.
When the apps are in hibernated, they don't run in foreground nor in background. This will help in saving the battery and also increase the performance of the device.
I could test this by adding WhatsApp to the list in Greenify and later when WhatsApp went to hibernation mode I did not receive any of the messages in it (as good as the app not running). Then once I opened Whatsapp, it was our of hibernation and I received all my pending messages. Voila!
Note 1: you cannot add the system apps to the list. Greenify gives a message stating "Sorry, system apps are impossible to be greenified due to safety reason". Who wants to hibernate system apps anyways.
Note 2: Like the app description says in play store, it's not advised to put IM, Alarm clock apps and other apps that you rely heavily on for it to be running in background.
Note 3: You can send the pending app to hibernation immediately by tapping the app in list and tapping the pause icon.
Suggested list of apps that to be hibernated:
1. Facebook (take that FB!)
2. Google Maps (install as user app)
3. Any other rouge app which you wish to keep but keeps on popping up as background process. You tell me.
Weirdly I could think of only two apps! So share your list here. Thanks.
So this is really a very useful app which I feel would increase the milage of the device in long run. Kudos to the developer!
Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2