[Q] Installation Aborted, No backup.

Search This thread

zisforzorro

Apr 26, 2010
I'm a noob.
I tried flashing cm-10.1-20130213-NIGHTLY-d2tmo.zip onto my rooted 4.1.1 Galaxy SIII and operation aborted. I think I didn't have the right version of CWM (5.5.0.4). Anyway, I was an idiot and didn't have a backup, so if I restart my phone is hard-bricked correct?

Also AFAIK phones can't charge in recovery mode so I only have till the battery runs out (started on 70%).

I took out the SD Card, and I'm trying to put a working ROM on and install that so my phone doesn't brick, what ROM should I load up? any advice?

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Flash this with CWM: http://db.tt/okfh9vzU (it's updated version). Or use Odin to flash the CWM link in my signature.

Reboot recovery, try to flash CM again. If it doesn't work, the download was corrupted. Don't worry about bricking.

Reactions: zisforzorro

zisforzorro

Apr 26, 2010
Cool. are you certain I won't brick? I've done this once in the past (accidentally installing international on tmobile phone) and hard bricked. Install failed, reboot to a bricked phone. Same process right? Sorry, I'm so paranoid.

Last edited:

zisforzorro

Apr 26, 2010
Thank you! You are the man! I can't believe I didn't know about that feature. Looks like my ROM installed.

Top Liked Posts