Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,417 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(MOD) How to install Windows Stores apps on sd card

Tip us?

joebeta
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidanx View Post
Well here is how you change permissions using security setting.

Click on Permissions to open the "Permission for Appx" window. Click on Advanced to open a window like this:

Currently, the owner is TrustedInstaller. Click on Change. In the Select user or group window, click on Advanced..., the click Find now. You will get the list of all possible user/groups on your computer.

Select Administrators (the one with 's'), hit OK, hit OK once more. Make sure you select "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects", then hit OK once more. You should be back at the "Permission for Appx" window now. In this window, select Administrators and check "Full control" box under Allow. Hit OK the last time.

Now you have full control of the registry Appx folder and will be able to change every key inside this folder as you wish.
Thank you for your help. I was able to get it working.

perritos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default app already installed

and for the app already installed in C:? what's happen if I want to uninstall them?

tamarasu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Uninstall still works for apps on C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perritos View Post
and for the app already installed in C:? what's happen if I want to uninstall them?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
@kenikh: That would be why I told you to use diskpart.exe... Disk Management sucks for removable storage for some reason.

Admon command prompt -> "diskpart". Basic tips:
Use "list disk" to list all storage.
Use "sel disk [#]" to select the number of the storage device you want (will probably be "1").
"lis part" to get the partitions (should be only one) and "sel part [#] (probably 1) to select it.
"hel shrink" to learn how to use the shrink command (BTW, most commands can be appreviated, as here "hel" instead of "help").
"create" (which you may want to use help on first) to create a new partition in the space revealed by the shrink...
etc. Use "help" in general to get a list of commands you can use.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

kenikh
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Damn my reading skills!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
@kenikh: That would be why I told you to use diskpart.exe... Disk Management sucks for removable storage for some reason.

Admon command prompt -> "diskpart". Basic tips:
Use "list disk" to list all storage.
Use "sel disk [#]" to select the number of the storage device you want (will probably be "1").
"lis part" to get the partitions (should be only one) and "sel part [#] (probably 1) to select it.
"hel shrink" to learn how to use the shrink command (BTW, most commands can be appreviated, as here "hel" instead of "help").
"create" (which you may want to use help on first) to create a new partition in the space revealed by the shrink...
etc. Use "help" in general to get a list of commands you can use.
My phones:
Nokia Lumia 920

Tablets:
Surface RT
Nexus 7
Kindle Fire
iPad2

KJ98653
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarasu View Post
Uninstall still works for apps on C:
Any idea how to transfer existing apps to sd? Pending updates fail so for now I restored everything back to default.

tamarasu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Easy way: uninstall old apps and reinstall them via the my apps window in the store.
Hard way:robocopy and symbolic link
Manual way: move app and go to where they are stored in the registry(same area as where you changed the key) and change their location key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ98653 View Post
Any idea how to transfer existing apps to sd? Pending updates fail so for now I restored everything back to default.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
Note that the uninstall-reinstall cycle will remove any locally-stored data the apps were keeping. "Roamin" data is preserved (for up to a month, even if you have no other devices with the app installed) but is very space-constrained. Things like game saves may or may not be preserved. You could of course manually back them up, though.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

jrsfalcons
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Can someone help me out but I'm not sure I did it right. I was able to change the directory so my sd card is D. So I changed it to D:\Program Files\Windows Apps. So on my sd card I made a folder of program files and in there a folder named windows apps.Is that correct?? Cause I just tried installing a app ad it said error 0x80070005.
Phone & Carrier: Galaxy Note/TMobile
ROM:

tamarasu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Make sure your card is formatted to NTFS.