No registration required

(Review) 12000mAh Portable Power Bank Battery

OP kaos420

15th February 2013, 02:12 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 73

234 posts
More
Re: (Review) 12000mAh Portable Power Bank Battery
Nice info up there on the power conversion.

Just another update, my powerbank doesn't charge my phone in AC mode any more which is disappointing. It only charges in USB mode.
15th February 2013, 11:09 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 595

2,259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by couragedragon

Nice info up there on the power conversion.

Just another update, my powerbank doesn't charge my phone in AC mode any more which is disappointing. It only charges in USB mode.

You use this doohicky often? I'm still a little weary of it and only use it for power outages.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
15th February 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
9000 mAh Portable Power - Charge 2 devices at once
There is a 9000mAh battery pack from Trident Case that allows you to charge 2 devices at the same time...you can charge a phone and a tablet simultaniously. Click image for larger version

Name:	4077-large-74000525-f69c-47ec-8bc4-c75bf0632a30.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1732119

It comes in 3 different colors: Blue, Black & Pink
15th February 2013, 08:13 PM   |  #74  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 441

2,992 posts
More
^^^^ I thought the one in the OP would also do this. Will it not?

Sent from my White Evo LTE running MeanBean, using XDA Premium
15th February 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 595

2,259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike

^^^^ I thought the one in the OP would also do this. Will it not?

Sent from my White Evo LTE running MeanBean, using XDA Premium

It will. I charged my phone and my brother in law charged his while sitting outside a store last black friday.

16th February 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 73

234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmoyx

You use this doohicky often? I'm still a little weary of it and only use it for power outages.

Yeah, a few times a week. My phone is my workout timer, and the screen stays on with bluetooth and audio streaming so it sucks battery. If I know I won't be near a charger, I'll plug it into the battery pack during my workout.

Kinda sucks that it doesn't charge in AC mode anymore.
16th February 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
Question
Can someone help me I'm confused. Are these type of products battery chargers, external batteries, or both? I was looking for one today and because of the description I couldn't figure it out. I'm looking for something to plug my phone into while it is fully charged and have that thing deplete its battery before my battery is touched. Does that make sense?
17th February 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #78  
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0612

and you need to know that it will consume more power if the phone is on. That is . If you chargue your phone been on. It will take more time to charge and it is more mah expended

Obviously.. it does
I got a SGSII (1650mah under 3.7V), without going into details and discussions about mine does more.. blablabla, as an example :

- Screen on the battery is depleted in 4.5 Hours => Current drawn is high => Charging phone screen on... is baaaadd (if you do not needs it on, keep it off)
- Pure 2G standby i got more than 3days => Current drawn is very low => Charging phone when off or when on standby (screen of) will make near no differences

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feech

Can someone help me I'm confused. Are these type of products battery chargers, external batteries, or both? I was looking for one today and because of the description I couldn't figure it out. I'm looking for something to plug my phone into while it is fully charged and have that thing deplete its battery before my battery is touched. Does that make sense?

I suppose that it will works this way but constantly charging your device (phone in your case) is not very good for the durability of its battery. Never keeping a computer battery in a computer that is constantly connected to the power outlet... it will ruin your battery in a year.
Some nice computer have a special battery, throught a specific software i can "program" the battery to stop charging at 50%, 60% .. the info is ketp in the battery, putting it in an other computer and it will never goes higher than the choosen percentage. (My Vaio got this very usefull functionnality).
17th February 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honusnap

Obviously.. it does
I got a SGSII (1650mah under 3.7V), without going into details and discussions about mine does more.. blablabla, as an example :

- Screen on the battery is depleted in 4.5 Hours => Current drawn is high => Charging phone screen on... is baaaadd (if you do not needs it on, keep it off)
- Pure 2G standby i got more than 3days => Current drawn is very low => Charging phone when off or when on standby (screen of) will make near no differences

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

I suppose that it will works this way but constantly charging your device (phone in your case) is not very good for the durability of its battery. Never keeping a computer battery in a computer that is constantly connected to the power outlet... it will ruin your battery in a year.
Some nice computer have a special battery, throught a specific software i can "program" the battery to stop charging at 50%, 60% .. the info is ketp in the battery, putting it in an other computer and it will never goes higher than the choosen percentage. (My Vaio got this very usefull functionnality).

I know I have seen people using them in the way that I'm looking for but at the same time I don't want to ruin my battery either.. Maybe it does a trickle charge? Letting the phone battery discharge some?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #80  
Account currently disabled
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 70

517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yoobao 13,000 mah portable charger. Two usb ports and an led flash light in the middle. There are YouTube videos on this. I bought mine on eBay for $35 brand new. I highly recommend this charger.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361129505919.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	1738308   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361129518166.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	1738309   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361129535199.jpg