Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Some benchmark points missing

OP wnerw

16th February 2013, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi everybody!

I am in a situation described somewhat by the title. My tf700 is so freakin' tweaked that the last thing I can do is grab a class 10 microSD card and do the I/O fix (not done yet). I am on CROMI 3.3 (rooted, unlocked, but this is obvious :P), OC kernel by _that with the ROW addon, which came just after Clemsyns kernel, so the performance mode is even more kick-ass, as it stayed after kernel flash. Fsync disabled, lag fix applied. Yeah, pretty much everything except I/O fix. The problem is my top bemchmark result is about 6700, while I expect ~7150 (well, some users with same specs as mine get ~7150). Done right after a coldboot, with all the useless apps killed, forced GPU. I don't really care abot the result, but it seems like there is some performance potential missing, yet to be used... Would be really nice if someone would be able to point out the reason of this.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by wnerw; 16th February 2013 at 02:03 PM.
16th February 2013, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

217 posts
Angry
post a screenshot as an attachment so some good samaritan can see the cpu / io / memory / 2d /3d figures... and which one is low...
16th February 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,628

5,447 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnerw

Hi everybody!

I am in a situation described somewhat by the title. My tf700 is so freakin' tweaked that the last thing I can do is grab a class 10 microSD card and do the I/O fix (not done yet). I am on CROMI 3.3 (rooted, unlocked, but this is obvious :P), OC kernel by _that with the ROW addon, which came just after Clemsyns kernel, so the performance mode is even more kick-ass, as it stayed after kernel flash. Fsync disabled, lag fix applied. Yeah, pretty much everything except I/O fix. The problem is my top bemchmark result is about 6700, while I expect ~7150 (well, some users with same specs as mine get ~7150). Done right after a coldboot, with all the useless apps killed, forced GPU. I don't really care abot the result, but it seems like there is some performance potential missing, yet to be used... Would be really nice if someone would be able to point out the reason of this.

Seems like you're not hitting 1800 OC, can you download "cpu spy" and see if you actually hit 1800 in performance mode? and make sure you set your governor to "interactive".
16th February 2013, 02:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Some benchmark points missing
Yeah, haha, I can't post pictures in this forum, cause XDA Premium app says so. Neither can I post URLs as I am still below 10 posts. Anyway, I'm using interactive governor. According to cpu spy my tf700 uses every frequency with no problem.

My latest benchmark results (I updated bootloader today):
Overall - 6909
CPU - 16475
Mem - 4273
I/O - 10648
2D - 833
3D - 2318

CPU result seems quite high, ain't it? I think that 2D is the problem, though I haven't compared it yet...

Last edited by wnerw; 16th February 2013 at 02:23 PM.
16th February 2013, 06:18 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,242

11,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
6400+ is great performance. Quadrant is not a very good consistent bench marker. You can run it 10 times and get scores wildly varying by 500 points. I couldn't get over 7000 for 2 days. Thought something was up and then suddenly with no changes 7200.

Don't worry about it. Does the ROM feel quick?
16th February 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

6400+ is great performance. Quadrant is not a very good consistent bench marker. You can run it 10 times and get scores wildly varying by 500 points. I couldn't get over 7000 for 2 days. Thought something was up and then suddenly with no changes 7200.

Don't worry about it. Does the ROM feel quick?

Good a true words ^^^
I get low scores with Quadrant, yet I don't believe them because 3.3 CROMi is very smooth and shows no indications of stutter.

Been said a billion times "it's all all about user experience."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread