XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help finding a good Bluetooth remote/trackpad

Tip us?

edjm711
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Help finding a good Bluetooth remote/trackpad

I recently found my old Motorola rz100 remote that I used to use with my Xoom. It had a track pad and buttons so I could control my Xoom and see a mouse pointer. I recently tried to pair it to my nexus 10 with no avail. I tried hooking it to my DNA and note 2 and it also wouldn't work. It does hook to my RAZR HD and has full mouse capability and works 100 percent so it must have something to do with moto software. My question is, I'd like to do presentations on my nexus hooked to a TV, and I'd like to be able to use a track pad remote. I wanted to use my phone but so far only tablet remote in the app store works to get it connected, but with no mouse like capability. Since I'd like to have mouse like control, can anyone suggest either an app or hardware that they have used to help me? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by edjm711 View Post
I recently found my old Motorola rz100 remote that I used to use with my Xoom. It had a track pad and buttons so I could control my Xoom and see a mouse pointer. I recently tried to pair it to my nexus 10 with no avail. I tried hooking it to my DNA and note 2 and it also wouldn't work. It does hook to my RAZR HD and has full mouse capability and works 100 percent so it must have something to do with moto software. My question is, I'd like to do presentations on my nexus hooked to a TV, and I'd like to be able to use a track pad remote. I wanted to use my phone but so far only tablet remote in the app store works to get it connected, but with no mouse like capability. Since I'd like to have mouse like control, can anyone suggest either an app or hardware that they have used to help me? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
I don't know about software for your tablet, but if you say you wanna make a presentation on your nexus hooked to a tv, if your tv has smart tv, then it probably (mine does) recognize your mobile and it can act like a mouse cursor (lg for example has lg remote control in the market, samsung also i think).

edjm711
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: Help finding a good Bluetooth remote/trackpad

I'm using different tvs all the time. So I'll need something to work in a variety of situations. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app