DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

OP mattlgroff

15th February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #211  
Flag Fremont, CA.
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
Question
Hi...I just got my Verizon Droid RAZR HD (XT926) and downloaded the DROID RAZR HD Utility v1.10 to my pc desktop running win7 x64 and unzipped it. After reading the entire thread I am confused about the first step of reverting to ICS 4.0.4. I am currently running v4.1.1 of JB. Prior to running steps 1, 2, and 3, do I need to be in fastboot mode or do I just plug in the phone to my pc using the usb data cable w/usb debugging and MTP and run options 1 - 3 ???

Thanks, in advance and great work on the software root exploit!
15th February 2013, 11:54 PM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
i ran version 1.10 step one
it ran ok and then "press any key when the screen comes back on".....but the screen just stayed on the ap fastboot screen.....so i waited and waited thinking something would happen. nothing happened

now my phone jams while turning on. if i return to ap fastboot it says:

device is locked. status code:0

i dont even know where to start. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!
16th February 2013, 05:03 PM   |  #213  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,414

2,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_9732

Hi...I just got my Verizon Droid RAZR HD (XT926) and downloaded the DROID RAZR HD Utility v1.10 to my pc desktop running win7 x64 and unzipped it. After reading the entire thread I am confused about the first step of reverting to ICS 4.0.4. I am currently running v4.1.1 of JB. Prior to running steps 1, 2, and 3, do I need to be in fastboot mode or do I just plug in the phone to my pc using the usb data cable w/usb debugging and MTP and run options 1 - 3 ???

Thanks, in advance and great work on the software root exploit!

These are not steps to be done in any certain order, this is just the layout of the program.

Yes you need to be in fastboot mode for Option 1 (Fastboot to ICS) and if it errors on the screen its not going to work either. If you did not extract the .zip file then do so to a new folder on your Desktop, and install the drivers if you have not done so previously.

Make sure your battery life is 100% before attempting these, unless you have a factory-style programming cable or adapter (they are sold here).
16th February 2013, 05:05 PM   |  #214  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,414

2,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stert23

i ran version 1.10 step one
it ran ok and then "press any key when the screen comes back on".....but the screen just stayed on the ap fastboot screen.....so i waited and waited thinking something would happen. nothing happened

now my phone jams while turning on. if i return to ap fastboot it says:

device is locked. status code:0

i dont even know where to start. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!

I can't do much without you sharing what the Utility said in the window.
16th February 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #215  

3 posts
so the previous reply that said to install the drivers helped me (i did not install them)
so i went into the drivers folder and installed the first 32 bit one
but
the second 64 bit driver wont install on my computer. i get an error that says:
"this installation package is not supported by this processor type. contact your product vendor"

wtf. do i need both drivers?

thank you guys
16th February 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #216  
Flag Fremont, CA.
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

These are not steps to be done in any certain order, this is just the layout of the program.

Yes you need to be in fastboot mode for Option 1 (Fastboot to ICS) and if it errors on the screen its not going to work either. If you did not extract the .zip file then do so to a new folder on your Desktop, and install the drivers if you have not done so previously.

Make sure your battery life is 100% before attempting these, unless you have a factory-style programming cable or adapter (they are sold here).

Thank you for answering my question...I greatly appreciate it!!!

I have the Android SDK, Moto Drivers installed on my computer and the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 unzipped on my desktop. I checked if it was working by running "adb reboot bootloader" and it recognized my device and went to the bootloader screen. I also can access the AP Fastboot in the menu. I have the factory cable and am at 100% battery capacity. My only concern is that I do not have the dev version of the razr hd but I hope I still can get full root?
16th February 2013, 07:20 PM   |  #217  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365

1,521 posts
More
Re: DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]
You don't need the developer edition to root... this works on all XT926 phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 01:04 AM   |  #218  

3 posts
so i tried running the utility without downloading the drivers in the folder first
it got stuck at the step where it tells you to hit any key to continue when the screen comes back on
it just boot loops

so then i downloaded the 32 bit drivers (wouldnt let me dl the 64 bit ones) and reran the utility. it ran all the way through and prompted me to whipe the data, which i did. i restarted my phone and it still boot loops.

what else can i try?
can i take it to a verizon store for help?

i dont know what other info to give but ill gladly provide any that you need

Thanks!
17th February 2013, 01:19 AM   |  #219  
Flag wood dale
Thanks Meter: 159

1,895 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stert23

so i tried running the utility without downloading the drivers in the folder first
it got stuck at the step where it tells you to hit any key to continue when the screen comes back on
it just boot loops

so then i downloaded the 32 bit drivers (wouldnt let me dl the 64 bit ones) and reran the utility. it ran all the way through and prompted me to whipe the data, which i did. i restarted my phone and it still boot loops.

what else can i try?
can i take it to a verizon store for help?

i dont know what other info to give but ill gladly provide any that you need

Thanks!

Im not sure what you did to your phone but it doeznt sound like it is bricked. If it was never rooted your best bet is to bring it back to Verizon. They will think you just did something stupid and give you a new phone. Worst case if they no you jacked it they will just give it back to you. Like I said I doubt your phone is bricked your just not doing something right or your computer or cables or something is screwed up. Dont give up
17th February 2013, 02:38 AM   |  #220  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365

1,521 posts
More
Re: DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]
Download the driver utility from the moto website, put your phone in bootloader and try again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread