Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to remove At&t Address Book from Contacts

OP adv1sory

20th May 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #11  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 87

416 posts
More
If you are on ICS, you can disable it from app management under all... look in the "S's" for Sync then click disable. It may still launch a few times because it is in RAM. So launch it a few times and hit cancel. Reboot and launch contacts again and hit cancel. It should go away after that. If you did sign up for that servce you can disable it online (if you are on ATT).

Since you are on Telus, I am guessing you are running one of the ICS leaks or custom ROMs that use one as a base.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shansmi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 73

293 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shansmi

If you are on ICS, you can disable it from app management under all... look in the "S's" for Sync then click disable. It may still launch a few times because it is in RAM. So launch it a few times and hit cancel. Reboot and launch contacts again and hit cancel. It should go away after that. If you did sign up for that servce you can disable it online (if you are on ATT).

Since you are on Telus, I am guessing you are running one of the ICS leaks or custom ROMs that use one as a base.

Thanks man
17th February 2013, 01:22 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Root then remove AABSync.apk from /system/app directory seems to work fine. Left a copy on SD just in case.
Last edited by UnagiSmith; 17th February 2013 at 01:29 AM.
10th April 2013, 05:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag Nha Trang Vietnam
Thanks Meter: 23

168 posts
More
Old Thread, Just to help out though, I stumbled on contacts+ in the android market, it works well.
21st April 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
This worked for me.
On my Galaxy S3 mini, running JB. Contacts, settings, contacts to display. I selected my gmail only. No more AT&T.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread