5,597,313 Members 37,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to remove At&t Address Book from Contacts

Tip us?

shansmi
Old
Thanks Meter 87
If you are on ICS, you can disable it from app management under all... look in the "S's" for Sync then click disable. It may still launch a few times because it is in RAM. So launch it a few times and hit cancel. Reboot and launch contacts again and hit cancel. It should go away after that. If you did sign up for that servce you can disable it online (if you are on ATT).

Since you are on Telus, I am guessing you are running one of the ICS leaks or custom ROMs that use one as a base.
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy GS III

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung GS II SR
Samsung GS II
HTC Inspire
Blackberry: 9700 and 9800 (ran every ROM out there and then some!)
HTC Tilt: de-bloated
Samsung BlackJack: WM6 Leak

Don't forget that thanks button if I helped ya!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shansmi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgndroid1
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by shansmi View Post
If you are on ICS, you can disable it from app management under all... look in the "S's" for Sync then click disable. It may still launch a few times because it is in RAM. So launch it a few times and hit cancel. Reboot and launch contacts again and hit cancel. It should go away after that. If you did sign up for that servce you can disable it online (if you are on ATT).

Since you are on Telus, I am guessing you are running one of the ICS leaks or custom ROMs that use one as a base.
Thanks man

UnagiSmith
Old
(Last edited by UnagiSmith; 17th February 2013 at 12:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Root then remove AABSync.apk from /system/app directory seems to work fine. Left a copy on SD just in case.

DaveNavy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Old Thread, Just to help out though, I stumbled on contacts+ in the android market, it works well.