Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] a little help?

Tip us?

jimmerz0823
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] a little help?

well thanks to every1 who helped me b4 with issues.. ok let me get to the point im still without multiview update!! im rooted with cf auto root method i have twrp installed.now i would like to know what would be the best way to or find a stock recovery with the multiview already in it? ive been searching for about a hour but alot of this stuff is confusing to me sorry still noobish. but if some1 could direct me to the stock rom with multiview i would greatly appreciate it or even if any of you guys think there are better roms i should try.Ive always rooted my androids but was always afraid to install a custom rom well finally after years of being afraid im gonna do it!! my confidence is high i guess well thankyou for taking the time to read and help me.To others please dont bite my head off if i didnt ask the right way or posted in wrong place

Vince_cnc
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz0823 View Post
well thanks to every1 who helped me b4 with issues.. ok let me get to the point im still without multiview update!! im rooted with cf auto root method i have twrp installed.now i would like to know what would be the best way to or find a stock recovery with the multiview already in it? ive been searching for about a hour but alot of this stuff is confusing to me sorry still noobish. but if some1 could direct me to the stock rom with multiview i would greatly appreciate it or even if any of you guys think there are better roms i should try.Ive always rooted my androids but was always afraid to install a custom rom well finally after years of being afraid im gonna do it!! my confidence is high i guess well thankyou for taking the time to read and help me.To others please dont bite my head off if i didnt ask the right way or posted in wrong place
First off all, yes you are at the good place to ask questions

Second, what is your phone model/provider? (Me i have an SGH-i317M with Telus)

Do you still want root?

If no, you can use kies to upgrade to 4.1.2. I did that, but I have loose root and my custom recovery.

So I have installed a new "stock" rom from this thread witch is already rooted : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2004650

After I installed Goomanager and I have flashed Twrp recovery.

And now I use this rom from miscom : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016575

The stock rom was not enough for me because you can't use all app in multiwindow.

Hope that helped you

jimmerz0823
Old
(Last edited by jimmerz0823; 17th February 2013 at 12:34 AM.) Reason: look twice
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_cnc View Post
First off all, yes you are at the good place to ask questions

Second, what is your phone model/provider? (Me i have an SGH-i317M with Telus)

Do you still want root?

If no, you can use kies to upgrade to 4.1.2. I did that, but I have loose root and my custom recovery.

So I have installed a new "stock" rom from this thread witch is already rooted : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2004650

After I installed Goomanager and I have flashed Twrp recovery.

And now I use this rom from miscom : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016575

The stock rom was not enough for me because you can't use all app in multiwindow.

Hope that helped you
i have the same model num as u but without the m i have atnt so i can go to kies with my phone being modified and do the update and it wont fail well i went to kies and it says that my firmware is the newest 4.1.1 and i know its not lol well my concern with that stock rom from that thread is that it wont be the updated rom right??with multiview already on it or do i flash that rom then upgrade ??