XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does such a case exist?

Tip us?

Chocobubba
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Does such a case exist?

I've been looking for a case that probably what most people want (sleek design, light, comfortable). I'm looking for a case made of metal, something sturdy, that seals in some way, has a built in keyboard that is actually worth a damn (bluetooth or wired, either is fine). The closest example I could think of would be something akin to an Aluma-wallet, but holding the device in without obscuring the screen. And a kickstand.

Does any such case exist or am I stuck doing some welding? Every case I see is too classy or just doesn't work for me.

Nexus7Coogee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wink case

I am a new user and therefore cannot post external link to the product I have purchased. It is not metal I hear but the same material the N7 is made of. Am expecting this next week and purchase after reading about it on xda and seeing a YouTube video on it.

Search Amazon for IVSOŽ Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys).

Happy to write a few lines of review if it helps.

ynrozturk
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Have you taken a look here? There's a pretty extensive database right there.

Chocobubba
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynrozturk View Post
Have you taken a look here? There's a pretty extensive database right there.
Yes, unfortunately I didn't see anything that struck me. The closest I found would be the carbon fiber case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7Coogee View Post
I am a new user and therefore cannot post external link to the product I have purchased. It is not metal I hear but the same material the N7 is made of. Am expecting this next week and purchase after reading about it on xda and seeing a YouTube video on it.

Search Amazon for IVSOŽ Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (BLACK Keys).

Happy to write a few lines of review if it helps.
If I found the right thing, the reviews aren't very positive... saying the keyboard feels a little flimsy/breaks easily.

Nexus7Coogee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobubba View Post
Yes, unfortunately I didn't see anything that struck me. The closest I found would be the carbon fiber case.

If I found the right thing, the reviews aren't very positive... saying the keyboard feels a little flimsy/breaks easily.
I put a short few lines on my impression of the IVSO case here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post38130820. I don't agree that the keyboard feels flimsy. In fact the opposite. Hope this helps.