Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 44,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Siyah kernel profiles?

Tip us?
 
juiceshifted
Old
#1  
juiceshifted's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: seattle
Default [Q] Siyah kernel profiles?

Im using the latest siyah kernel 7.9 i believe with the latest aokp 4.2.1 rom, and everytime i try to select the performance profile my phone will freeze at some point while booting up. Ive also tried changing to the performance and the extreme performance profiles via Stweaks and when i do my phone freezes immediately afterwards. Ive tried all the usual trouble shooting stuff reinstalled the kernel wipe cache, dalvik etc, same results. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
dandrumheller
Old
#2  
dandrumheller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 687
Posts: 2,369
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Default Re: [Q] Siyah kernel profiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceshifted View Post
Im using the latest siyah kernel 7.9 i believe with the latest aokp 4.2.1 rom, and everytime i try to select the performance profile my phone will freeze at some point while booting up. Ive also tried changing to the performance and the extreme performance profiles via Stweaks and when i do my phone freezes immediately afterwards. Ive tried all the usual trouble shooting stuff reinstalled the kernel wipe cache, dalvik etc, same results. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
I haven't tried those profiles, but as they are high performance, perhaps they include over clocking? If so, have you run stable over clocked on that ROM previously? Of not, then that might be the issue. Or maybe your phone just doesn't like the governor/scheduler combo in that profile. I get lockups with Pegasus/sio all the time... never worked on my phone no matter what ROM or kernel.


Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Current: AT&T LG Optimus G (E970) BeanStalk
ASUS Transformer TF101: EOS / KAT

Vizio VTab 1008 Stock Honeycomb (doomed to a rootless existence)

Still around: AT&T HTC Aria - Gene Poole's Liberated Aria


Gone: SGS2 i777 and random stuff dating back to an analog Mitsubishi phone circa 1996.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow View Post

If you give a man a blanket you keep him warm for the night. If you light him on fire he is warm for the rest of his life.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
RESISTANCE
 
juiceshifted
Old
#3  
juiceshifted's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: seattle
Default re:

yea my phones always been stable overclocking up to 1400mhz on every rom i've tried. its once i get to 1500mhz is when my phone starts to freeze which is disappointing cuz my last sghi777 s2 was always stable up to 1600mhz. just interested in trying these profiles, still looking for a solution.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
 
juiceshifted
Old
#4  
juiceshifted's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: seattle
Default re:

yea my phones always been stable overclocking up to 1400mhz on every rom i've tried. its once i get to 1500mhz is when my phone starts to freeze which is disappointing cuz my last sghi777 s2 was always stable up to 1600mhz. just interested in trying these profiles, still looking for a solution.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
 
Droidmissionary
Old
#5  
Droidmissionary's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 560
Posts: 864
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tulsa, Ok

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceshifted View Post
Im using the latest siyah kernel 7.9 i believe with the latest aokp 4.2.1 rom, and everytime i try to select the performance profile my phone will freeze at some point while booting up. Ive also tried changing to the performance and the extreme performance profiles via Stweaks and when i do my phone freezes immediately afterwards. Ive tried all the usual trouble shooting stuff reinstalled the kernel wipe cache, dalvik etc, same results. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm going to start with the obvious, did you follow the instructions to reboot into recovery after flashing the kernel before rebooting into the rom and reset the profiles?? It is known to cause havoc with profiles if you don't reset them prior to the first boot. Secondly, any other performance control apps will interfere with stweaks, make sure you don't have aokp's performance control settings set up for set on boot. I personally had issues running siyah with aokp but others have not, for testing purposes you may try another rom temporarily.
 
juiceshifted
Old
#6  
juiceshifted's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidmissionary View Post
I'm going to start with the obvious, did you follow the instructions to reboot into recovery after flashing the kernel before rebooting into the rom and reset the profiles?? It is known to cause havoc with profiles if you don't reset them prior to the first boot. Secondly, any other performance control apps will interfere with stweaks, make sure you don't have aokp's performance control settings set up for set on boot. I personally had issues running siyah with aokp but others have not, for testing purposes you may try another rom temporarily.
yea i followed the directions of the op exactly, i think ive figured out what my problem is now. the max frequency in the performance profile setting is 1500mhz, and my device isnt stable at 1500mhz. although my device doesnt freeze instantly when set at 1500. I'm thinking that is probably part of the problem.
 
Droidmissionary
Old
#7  
Droidmissionary's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 560
Posts: 864
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tulsa, Ok

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Siyah kernel profiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceshifted View Post
yea i followed the directions of the op exactly, i think ive figured out what my problem is now. the max frequency in the performance profile setting is 1500mhz, and my device isnt stable at 1500mhz. although my device doesnt freeze instantly when set at 1500. I'm thinking that is probably part of the problem.
Very likely, some phones don't like certain frequencies

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine"

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more