Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 86 32.45%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.09%
Easy 70 26.42%
Difficult 28 10.57%
Somewhat Difficult 16 6.04%
Very Difficult 25 9.43%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

point99trash2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Lol ... you get what I meant.

Sent from my SCH-405 (Samsung Stratosphere) using Tapatalk 2 on Tweaked ROM 2.2

Random Username
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011 View Post
Lol ... you get what I meant.

I'm just bored, that's all...

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011 View Post
That's alright guys, my ex was bi, a real catch huh, since her prior relationship was with a woman. Made it 7 years together, apparently she cheated dozens of times over the years, when had she been open and honest about it it would not be cheating. Last 6 months, 7 guys, left for 7th. Yeah super slut can we say. Oh well, found someone that gets me, and realized just how miserable I was with ex, and was just trying to push on through for family's sake. CÚst la vie.

Was your x a kindle fire? .......'Cause..... well.... this isn't a relationship forum.

Lol ;P
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 465

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
Was your x a kindle fire? .......'Cause..... well.... this isn't a relationship forum.

Lol ;P
Sure it is, were all in the Android family here. That's why we fight, argue and agree to disagree, just like siblings... One giant worldwide relationship, lol... Bro

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO View Post
It was working after a sort this evening when I noticed it had lost root. First try after that, it rebooted to the static KF logo and then to darkness, where it remains.
Can you get it into fastboot?

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post
Sure it is, were all in the Android family here. That's why we fight, argue and agree to disagree, just like siblings... One giant worldwide relationship, lol... Bro
Haha... I wasn't being serious.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

BELASCO
Old
(Last edited by BELASCO; 17th February 2013 at 06:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
Can you get it into fastboot?
Got it into fastboot and successfully restored it to stock 7.2.3 via KFFirstAide. However, it took TWICE to get the ICS signed Gapps to work (first time through got SH: CANNOT CREATE NUL: READ ONLY DEVICE and a whole mess of RM FAILED FOR /SYSTEM/APP (APPNAME): NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY. Attempting to restore from kindlebackup I was treated to: ERROR: CANNOT LOAD SYSTEM.IMG NO ERROR (and similar for the other img's).

After the backup, SETUP WIZARD HAS STOPPED and TALK HAS STOPPED have interrupted every attempt to set up.

BELASCO
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
Haha... I wasn't being serious.
KFTTs and crazy exes are a lot alike: both have damaged programming not immediately obvious, and a locked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to BELASCO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slimepuppy
Old
(Last edited by Slimepuppy; 17th February 2013 at 05:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
I'm going to have to ask a 0.1 cent per use on that phrase. Hey, fixed income here kids. Got to earn gravy money for my biscuits somehow.
Ok - I'll PayPal you the commission from my VA account. Let's see, a penny minus paypal fees means I'll have to Bellasco my device a few more times to get you your penny.

Random Username
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
KFTTs and crazy exes are a lot alike: both have damaged programming not immediately obvious, and a locked bootloader.
What does KFTT even mean?

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility