Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review of UAG Note 2 Case with lots of pictures!

Tip us?

IsolatedAbyss
Old
(Last edited by IsolatedAbyss; 16th February 2013 at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
The case is VERY light - amazing considering the high level of protection it offers at a minimum added bulk.
I started analyzing the case first hand and I'm beginning to appreciate UAG's design more and more. Some people complain about not getting their previous design you see on the S3, but I understand why UAG did this. It is all about trying to chip off as much excess weight from the case as possible without compromising protection and style. Throughout the case you will see that besides the vents, the insert is not a full piece but just covers the vents nicely (more weight off there), there are grooves, and the inside TPU back is also honey-combed, to reduce the overall weight as much as possible. With a big phone like Note 2, I think this is a very wise decision by them. If they used the old design, the case would probably be a bit heavier than what we have now.

Overall I think it is a great case. Possibly the best case out there that scores in every category in style, protection & functionality in my humble opinion. 9.5/10
The Following User Says Thank You to IsolatedAbyss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 123
@vectron, i appreciate your review. its basically the same thing i would have said i f i did a review on this case. at the end of the day this case is a great investment. functionallity, quality & great design are all incorporated into this and you will not be let down. i couldnt be happier with it.
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
Watch: Samsung Gear 2 (Charcoal / Black) Rooted

IamPro
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Anyone try to use it with the Smart Dock?

garyart1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: Review of UAG Note 2 Case with lots of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPro View Post
Anyone try to use it with the Smart Dock?
Didn't work with smart dock. It would fit in if you force it but doesn't go in far enough to make any connection. Also will not work in the battery charger. Here it fits in but falls forward. Price you pay for protection I guess. No big deal to me, I will just take case off when I put in dock. Now if I was using dock every day for charging, it may be a bigger deal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

artofwar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can any comment on the comparisonf of this UAG case with the likes of OTterbox Commuter and Ballistic SG series in terms of weight, protection, ease of use and slippery feel, etc?

sianaka
Old
Thanks Meter 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyart1 View Post
Didn't work with smart dock. It would fit in if you force it but doesn't go in far enough to make any connection. Also will not work in the battery charger. Here it fits in but falls forward. Price you pay for protection I guess. No big deal to me, I will just take case off when I put in dock. Now if I was using dock every day for charging, it may be a bigger deal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Are you talking about the spare battery charger dock?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

mdt73
Old
Thanks Meter 125
My fondness of the UAG Navigator is starting to waver a bit. I am realizing it makes the phone quite a bit more wide, almost to the point I don't like the way it feels in my hand. As odd as this sounds, I might go back to the hyperion extended battery and case (newer style) as that feel is about as solid as I have found when it comes to cases on the Note 2. Plus, for about one milimeter difference, I am packing a 6200mAh battery, and the phone is quite a bit less wide in my hand. The attached photo shows the height difference between the hyperion and the UAG.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-16 21.51.55.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	1736263  
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.

sofia-captivate
Old
Thanks Meter 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt73 View Post
Really liked your idea of adding the flip cover. After I colored the back of the orange back panel red, I threw the flip cover on and the new UAG case, and am lovin the results. Oh, I also used an exacto blade to remove the silver UAG lettering. Thanks for the great idea!
How are you guys adding the flip cover on this case?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

mdt73
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia-captivate View Post
How are you guys adding the flip cover on this case?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
It fits perfectly. The only problem is the cover itself doesn't have a lot of room to move, so it won't open all the way, making typing with your left hand sort of cumbersome. Just install the flip cover, then the UAG case.
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.

vectron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1925
Yep, Note 2 with flip cover fits right into the UAG case. Take a look at my Post#2 in this thread, you can see from the pictures it fits right in, although with a few limitations like can flip the cover all the way back and volume buttons need to be pushed harder since you pushing on them through the flexible side of flip case.