http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...daniel4653.png
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 01:04 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 86

1,169 posts
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricehall

Well it's been fun everyone but I just got a letter from sprint letting me know they will be terminating my contract for excessive roaming. I find it funny though because Since I was laid off in late november I've used mostly WiFi at home... but my contract is up on march 13 after that I'm probably going back to T-Mobile. So long to everyone on sprint forums from the Nexus 4G the GS2 and right here on the GS3.

What did you do? Run a prl or use roam control?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 04:03 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 21

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevils2003

Lmao!

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Hi

I'm sorry...I found that funny as well.

On subject...it worries me when I read that people are getting the boot from Sprint. I don't abuse my connection at all, but I'm always curious why folks would be told to leave. It's not like Sprint is doing all that well these days.
17th February 2013, 04:22 AM   |  #14  
Flag Tampa Bay area
Thanks Meter: 3,496

6,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1

I'm sorry...I found that funny as well.

On subject...it worries me when I read that people are getting the boot from Sprint. I don't abuse my connection at all, but I'm always curious why folks would be told to leave. It's not like Sprint is doing all that well these days.

For excessive off-network roaming which isnt cheap for sprint.

I like to break stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to -EViL-KoNCEPTz- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 01:33 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 21

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz-

I like to break stuff!

I know some folks like to force roam for whatever reason, but what if your phone is doing it on its own because Sprint's network is not as robust? I suppose Sprint could always say that person x isn't a good customer for them...but it is always surprising at least to me, to hear.
17th February 2013, 02:46 PM   |  #16  

1,169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz-

I like to break stuff!

How you did it?

17th February 2013, 05:25 PM   |  #17  
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,088

2,706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1

I know some folks like to force roam for whatever reason, but what if your phone is doing it on its own because Sprint's network is not as robust? I suppose Sprint could always say that person x isn't a good customer for them...but it is always surprising at least to me, to hear.

Sprint will offer the airwave for people in that situation. You usually get warned before they terminate your contract. That'd be the time to ask about the airwave.

People who force roam to get out of their contact w/o the etf need to grow a pair. You signed a contract you need to honor it or pay the etf if you want to leave.

Sent from a planet far far away.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Speedin07si For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #18  

1,169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si

Sprint will offer the airwave for people in that situation. You usually get warned before they terminate your contract. That'd be the time to ask about the airwave.

People who force roam to get out of their contact w/o the etf need to grow a pair. You signed a contract you need to honor it or pay the etf if you want to leave.

Lmfao

The Following User Says Thank You to LexLuger82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
doo doo doo...another one bites the dust...doo doo doo...another one bites the dust..
17th February 2013, 08:46 PM   |  #20  
Flag Tampa Bay area
Thanks Meter: 3,496

6,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si

Yeah it gets on my nerves when ppl force roam off cuz it makes the rest of us suffer price hikes and loss of perks, sprint has to recoup the money they lost 1. On the contract they just terminated and 2. On the roaming tab that customer left them with. Off network roaming costs sprint a small fortune they pay something like $1.50 for every 500MB you use off network so $3 a GB if you roamed 9 GB they now have to pay $27 to whoever you roamed on, usually VZW. And they let it go for 3-6 months so in the end they end up paying close to what your etf should be plus forfeit your etf so they lose out 2x what they should have broken even on.
And to put things in perspective for costs, it only costs sprint about 9/10ths of 1 cent per GB you use on their network. So 10GB costs them 9 cents versus ~$30 off network

I like to break stuff!
Last edited by -EViL-KoNCEPTz-; 17th February 2013 at 08:49 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -EViL-KoNCEPTz- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread